Pepe Reina

Andrew M

He wouldn't be such a bad signing would he?

He is from the youth system and has proved his qualities.

He would be useful to have until we find a long term replacement to Valdes, should Valdes leave this summer.

Kerrybai

If he can find his form again then he would be perfect as a stop gap. Apparently he has improved a lot for Liverpool over the last few matches.

abual3bed1

Reina is good but should be on the bottom of the list. Signing him isn't good enough unless we are in a desperate position where it's either him or Guaita.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Hes decent, but a step down. Hes not as good as he was a couple of years ago, although hes looked better this season than he did last.. if that makes sense :lol:

seems they want a spanish keeper as communication with the defense is important, Guaita isnt even first choice for Valencia so im not sure why we're so strongly linked with him and united have no reason to let de Gea go.

Id rather keep Valdes another year, let him leave for free and see whos available then :shrug:

If cech is still in shape and number one in a years time, im pretty sure we could lure Courtois, maybe even lloris if spurs dont make the CL (i really like him although i dont think he can speak spanish?)

Very important barca gets this transfer right.

Andrew M

It's not like there are loads of excellent young GKs out there that are available at a reasonable price and that meet our criteria of having to be good at one-on-ones and with ball at feet.

He's catalan and knows the place so there shouldn't be a long settling in period. If Valdes is sold this summer we can buy a long term replacement next year and have Reina and he battle it out..

F

Flavia

Better keep Valdes and let him go for free in 2014, than to sign Reina now.

AL-MALKI

I think Pinto is better
If they go for Reina then it will be a clear sign that they are trying to destroy the club

F

Flavia

To all those people vehemently opposed to Reina, is it just because you think he sucks as a GK?

He's a step down from Valdes. The new gk should be better, not worse. Or at least on the same level.

Stric

I wouldn't mind it, really. The best thing would be not to buy Neymar and have an extra 30-45M lying around for this transfer window, and invest it in a good keeper, but that's not happening. I can see the logic in this Reina rumor. We'll get some money for Valdes, spend some on Reina (maybe even make a little on the transaction?), then have him and Pinto next season. Pinto will probably leave in 2014, so Reina will either stay as the 2nd choice keeper or leave along with Pinto, and hopefully then we'll have the money to buy a really good keeper for the long term.

He's a step down from Valdes. The new gk should be better, not worse. Or at least on the same level.

How do you argue that claim?

And as for the second part, it's obvious that if we get Reina, he'll be a temporary solution, not our next regular keeper for the future. They won't buy a "bad" young keeper for the long term.

Last edited:

Andrew M

I wouldn't mind it, really. The best thing would be not to buy Neymar and have an extra 30-45M lying around for this transfer window, and invest it in a good keeper, but that's not happening. I can see the logic in this Reina rumor. We'll get some money for Valdes, spend some on Reina (maybe even make a little on the transaction?), then have him and Pinto next season. Pinto will probably leave in 2014, so Reina will either stay as the 2nd choice keeper or leave along with Pinto, and hopefully then we'll have the money to buy a really good keeper for the long term.

I can't see us making any money on selling Valdes and buying Reina.

Reina would cost about 10 million and I seriously doubt that a club would pay more than that for Valdes with only 1 year left in his contract.

Stric

Possibly... It will probably be around the same price. But anyway I can't see Reina costing more than we'll make on Valdes.

Home of Barca Fans