Pepe Reina

F

Flavia

How do you argue that claim?

And as for the second part, it's obvious that if we get Reina, he'll be a temporary solution, not our next regular keeper for the future. They won't buy a "bad" young keeper for the long term.
That Vv is better? From watching them play. I don't think a temp gk is a good idea either. Unless the defense line improves greatly, Barça will end up conceding more next season.

I wouldn't mind it, really. The best thing would be not to buy Neymar and have an extra 30-45M lying around for this transfer window, and invest it in a good keeper, but that's not happening. I can see the logic in this Reina rumor. We'll get some money for Valdes, spend some on Reina (maybe even make a little on the transaction?), then have him and Pinto next season. Pinto will probably leave in 2014, so Reina will either stay as the 2nd choice keeper or leave along with Pinto, and hopefully then we'll have the money to buy a really good keeper for the long term.

How do you argue that claim?

And as for the second part, it's obvious that if we get Reina, he'll be a temporary solution, not our next regular keeper for the future. They won't buy a "bad" young keeper for the long term.

I'm also starting to think that I wouldn't mind getting Reina as long as a) it means that we have a lot of money for our other transfers (CB, forward, possibly Neymar, possibly a 2nd CB, etc) and b) he's a temporary solution.

Still, I don't think Ter Stegen (for example) would cost that much more (I can see him costing around 15M), so why not just get him now? He's probably better than Reina already. And I think we need to get someone better than Valdes, not a downgrade or someone at the same level.

Last edited:

Andrew M

Sign Reina this year and then, with there only being 1 year left in his contract, sign ter Stegan at reasonable price in 2014

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Sign Reina this year and then, with there only being 1 year left in his contract, sign ter Stegan at reasonable price in 2014

I could live with that if Reina is on low wages and doesn't mind being second choice when Ter Stegen arrives... still I'd rather keep Valdes until his contract ends and then buy Ter Stegen.

Gilberto

The longer we wait, the more clubs will be interested in Ter Stegen, which will result in an increase of his price tag. I'm not really a fan of Reina, but if we can get him cheap, with low wages, it's alright.

Andrew M

I could live with that if Reina is on low wages and doesn't mind being second choice when Ter Stegen arrives... still I'd rather keep Valdes until his contract ends and then buy Ter Stegen.

We could see them both play it out. You never know, Reina could be really impressive. We have not really had a challenger to Valdes have we? I just think that having someone who wants to leave on the roster is not good for morale.

The longer we wait, the more clubs will be interested in Ter Stegen, which will result in an increase of his price tag. I'm not really a fan of Reina, but if we can get him cheap, with low wages, it's alright.

Well it would be in ter Stegan's final year of contract, so they wouldn't have much leverage.

Last edited:

Meitux

we all know how shit he is,never was a world class and makes too many mistakes,even if he was brought as a subtitute goalkeeper i still dont, want him Pinto is better and i dont think Reina would like to get Pinto's role..

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
All keepers make blunders.

For three years in a row Reina kept the most cleans sheets in the Premiership. So he was at one point a very good goalkeeper.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Reina and Rooney. That's exactly who we need, close the deals and we're pretty much set!

Home of Barca Fans