Samir Handanovic

XaviMessiGirl

Well the same papers then reported that Moratti said there's been no offer. But knowing Moratti, he might just be trying to downplay things. So basically, we don't know what's really going on.

Isn't he the best GK in Serie A? Wouldn't mind him for 23M. 30's too much, but I'd rather pay 30 for him than get Reina or Guaita for free.

Last edited:

Irish_Cules

I doubt its true. With Valdes staying another year there would be no point in getting him this summer. Buying somebody young like Ter Stegen and having them as a back up for a season is more likely but there is no sense in buying an established goalkeeper such as Handanovic this summer.

Haha, Handanovic's thread on the Inter's forums goes literally crazy, when any kind of a transfer-rumour comes in :lol: - http://forzainterforums.com/showthread.php?10751-Samir-Handanovic/page53.

I personally don't see it happening, but then again, you never know. I have a feeling that we'll sign ter Stegen instead and slowly introduce him, since Valdes is staying for another year. I can't see Handanovic sitting on the bench for one season.

Handanovic would easily bench Valdes.

XaviMessiGirl

I think it's more a matter of would ANYONE be able to bench Valdes as long as he's still here (not counting Pinto in CdR). Not whether he's good enough to - which I think he is.

Galning

Well, he has been the best GK in Serie A this season. Better than Buffon.

And that means he would easily bench Barcelona's first choice keeper for the last 10 seasons? I thought one of the few things that was common knowledge among Barcelona followers was that being a goalkeeper at Barcelona is not the same as being the goalkeeper at any other club.
Whoever comes to replace Valdés I am almost certain they will struggle. I hope I'm wrong though.

Gilberto

I partially agree with you, but Valdes isn't an amazing goalkeeper and he wants/wanted to leave which means he should be 2nd in the pecking order if a better goalkeeper comes in.

TheOne

Apparently Handanovic is now 100% owned by Inter, which probably makes the sale easier.

Today's newspapers are reporting that Inter is in Spain, to seel Handanovic for 25M €. Replacement for him in Inter, should be Morgan De Sanctis.

XaviMessiGirl

A 36 years old replacement, typical Moratti. Wouldn't suppose it's because they have in mind to start using Bardi in a year or two's time either, as he will probably be sold just like all the other good young players. Hope it is just rumors.

Home of Barca Fans