22 - İlkay Gündoğan

Andrew M

You can't just look for players that seem similar to old ones. Sometimes you have to adapt a bit.

Look, he looks like Cruyff...

He looks like Ronaldinho....

He looks like Messi...

SeloBarca

Barcelonas playstyle needs a playmaker to work, once Xavi quits, as it looks now, neither Thiago or Cesc cant take over that spot.
Xavis age has been one of the factors to why we have been so bad this year, without him, we get stuck. Xavi is probaby more a key player then any other in the team for the play to work (Messi is just so outstanding)

Barcelona wont completly change their playstyle, nor do i want to to change to 4-4-2 and play like Madrid or BM. They have their style, we have ours.

Trickykid

You can't just look for players that seem similar to old ones. Sometimes you have to adapt a bit.

He looks like Messi...

Couldn't agree more. I wrote something like that back in the days when Deulofeu started to emerge from the youth teams, and people were all over him wanting him to be the next Messi and what not.
Let's face it, we won't get a new Xavi, we won't get a new Puyol, and we won't get a new Messi once that day arrives. If we settle for trying to find straight up like-for-like replacements for our current stars, we're doomed to fail, as those new players just won't be of the same quality as our current crop. They will, however, have other traits and attributes, which we'll need to hone in order to evolve as a team. That seems to be the challenge we're facing for the foreseeable future.

SeloBarca

There will never be players like Xavi, Iniesta or Messi. Yet, we need a playmaker when Xavi quits, which we dont have moving up the ranks, we do however have alot of Iniesta types.

So your saying we dont need a playmaker? that we should adapt and play with Iniesta/Cesc or Iniesta/Thiago...Thiago might work, but so far he havent been impressive in the playmaker role. Cesc cant do it at all.

Barca8

He looks like Messi...

Yes you have to adapt and always continue to move forward but our playing style and philosophy will always remain. We have to look for players to fill in the roles, in this case playmaker. Like someone said in a few posts before, it's best we pick up Gundogan before everyone knows how good he is. Xavi is going to be 34 and he'll soon need to be replaced. Yes we have Cesc, Thiago, JDS and Sergi but they don't exactly fit the role.

Andrew M

Couldn't agree more. I wrote something like that back in the days when Deulofeu started to emerge from the youth teams, and people were all over him wanting him to be the next Messi and what not.
Let's face it, we won't get a new Xavi, we won't get a new Puyol, and we won't get a new Messi once that day arrives. If we settle for trying to find straight up like-for-like replacements for our current stars, we're doomed to fail, as those new players just won't be of the same quality as our current crop. They will, however, have other traits and attributes, which we'll need to hone in order to evolve as a team. That seems to be the challenge we're facing for the foreseeable future.

Yeah, we have to get real. This is a golden generation we are talking about.

Yes you have to adapt and always continue to move forward but our playing style and philosophy will always remain. We have to look for players to fill in the roles, in this case playmaker. Like someone said in a few posts before, it's best we pick up Gundogan before everyone knows how good he is. Xavi is going to be 34 and he'll soon need to be replaced. Yes we have Cesc, Thiago, JDS and Sergi but they don't exactly fit the role.

But you can never have an exact fit. We may have to change the style slightly to suit the personnel.

WallBreaker

I wouldnt trust that report.

Luftstag.

This report is from the most reputable in Spain.

http://www.elconfidencial.com/depor...a-no-vende-hasta-la-proxima-temporada-121818/

Its been pretty well documented that Gundogan will have to stay one more year at dortmund because with Gotze leaving, they cant bother losing gundogan as well.

Rumor has it Madrid does have dibs on Gundogan as Dortmund has great relations with dortmund and will contact Madrid in case of anyone else going for Gundogan.

Even if Barca go for him, Gundogan would practically be given starting spot at Madrid since this is Alonso's last year.

Fitting for madrid to let go of Alonso and Bring in Gundogan.

If everything goes to plan...

Kondogbia, Gundogan and Isco will form the most talented young midfield in the world by 14/15.

Being 21/24/22 by then, Respectively.

About Gundogan...Also remember Madrid still own Nuri Sahin, it was Mourinho he had a problem with, not Madrid.

I say theres still chance for Nuri to Return to Madrid.. Having both in Madrid would be insane.

But i think Madrid would probably sell Sahin for very cheap or have him in a deal to Bring Gundogan.

That way Madrid have their own Joker/Get out of jail card, for a deal with Gundogan. Along with having the money and great relations. Oh and he also has Ozil and Khedira, to convince him as well.

I see Gundogan @ Madrid in a year.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans