Zarate

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
He is sick and i would gladly take him at Barca, He was massive for River

I wish he was Argentino

dalitis8

Banned
Say what you may about the Dutch League.Luis Suarez will make history,mark my words.

He is way better than Falcao.

diegomessi

NO WAY! they are alot diff though falcao is a box predator and dang good at it
I think once suarez leaves the dutch league he will fall of the map for sure, bc he wont be dribbling people of better defenses like he does

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
spot on DM. don't even understand the hype on Luis Suarez. Defensively, Dutch league < Allsvenskan. Allsvenskan is equal to Segunda in terms of talent...

Falcao would have been enough you know :p

diegomessi

I think Falcao is well suited for the EPL, a team like aston villa who puts the ball in the box alot, he would get on the end that is what he does

gosh i miss when he was at River i went to alot of matches the last time they won the title years ago

dalitis8

Banned
spot on DM. don't even understand the hype on Luis Suarez. Defensively, Dutch league < Allsvenskan. Allsvenskan is equal to Segunda in terms of talent...

Falcao would have been enough you know :p

50 goals 24 assists in a single season,not reason enough for hype?

diegomessi

have u seen the dutch league...... i watched one day looked like college soccer here in the states

maxan10

SirTugAlot
I think Suarez obliged to leave now , just to show himself that he isn't a one league man, I'd definitely like to see him at EPL to see if he can actually do something unlike other flops to come out of eredivisie..

beef-supreme

I don't trust anything that comes from the Potuguese league.

Also what about Cristiano Ronaldo? Nani? Figo? Carvalho? To be fair there has been a lot of world class talent coming out of the Portuguese league for a while, and then they've also been producing those good but not world beating players like LiLo, Lucho Gonzalez, and very notably, Cissokho.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Also what about Cristiano Ronaldo? Nani? Figo? Carvalho? To be fair there has been a lot of world class talent coming out of the Portuguese league for a while, and then they've also been producing those good but not world beating players like LiLo, Lucho Gonzalez, and very notably, Cissokho.

Add Deco to that list.

And Falcao is one hell of a player, he'll make it to the top surely

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Oh, they do beefers. And so does the dutch league.

But I don't trust them. You can never be sure that the players that excell there are tested enough. Normal players can do the same as supertalents in those leagues.

(please tell me it didn't take you two days to come up with this :p)

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Over rated... I don't know but I wouldn't trust him either, same with Rodallega...

Diegomessi, why would you want Flacao if you guys already have Higuaín, Messi, Tevez, Milito, DiMaria, and 50 other players who are better than him?

beef-supreme

Add Deco to that list.

And Falcao is one hell of a player, he'll make it to the top surely

Holy hell i have no idea how i missed one of my favourite players ever, SuperDeco.

Oh, they do beefers. And so does the dutch league.

But I don't trust them. You can never be sure that the players that excell there are tested enough. Normal players can do the same as supertalents in those leagues.

(please tell me it didn't take you two days to come up with this :p)

What do you mean it dind't take me two days to come up with it?
Oh hold on, i've seen that i posted in the thread before, well no it's cause i've been on and off the forum and i reply to posts as i have time or whatever turns up when i search 'new posts'. But no, i didn't think about it for 2 days lol.

So anyway. There's a huge difference between the Dutch league and the Portuguese league. You have the Portuguese league which is a constant presence in the UEFA Cup/Europa League and the CL. Porto have gotten far on many occasions, so have Benfica and Sporting. And they're also quite the force in the Europa. However then you have the Dutch league, which was powerful in the early years of the decade and every since PSV had that run in the CL, they've just dropped down and have absolutely no European presence anymore.
I don't have stats on me but i can tell you this - the Dutch league is much much weaker than the Portuguese league, and one of the best ways to prove this is by looking at European stats.

Other than that, I would say that the Portuguese league produces many more players who play at big teams. It's just that Quaresma's massive flop has really tarnished the reputation of the league. When I watch the Portuguese league I see a level that is higher than that of the Dutch. Of course i wouldn't go on to say that those 2 leagues can compete with the big 4 or 5. But what I WOULD argue is that the Portuguese league is often a solid stepping stone for talented players. A stepping stone that for the most part can be trusted. It works, there's a larger list of players especially in the past 5 years than of Dutch ones for certain.

I am never ever going to say that Falcao is a world-beater. Nor do i strongly believe that he will develop into one. However, I am convinced that Falcao can become a success at the lesser of the big 5 leagues, and his performances in the Portuguese league can serve as valid proof for that.

Home of Barca Fans