Zarate

barSELOna

0+zarate+lazio+barcelona.jpg

Asked about the transfer of Lazio Roma forward and Argentinian youth international Mauro Zárate (21), player's agent José Alberti has said in an interview with Italian football site Novantesimo that Barcelona has been trying to sign the Al-Sadd loan-out:

"It was me who informed Lazio about him. I was in Argentina when Lazio was negotiating with Boca Juniors player Palacio, a deal that in the end didn't go through because the offer of Lazio wasn't accepted. When Boca played the semi-final of the Copa Libertadores against Fluminense in May, there were also scouts of Barcelona to watch Palacio.

That's when I talked to Lazio president Claudio Lotito telling him that he shouldn't spend more time on negotiations with Palacio. I suggested him to watch some youtube videos of the striker that Boca wanted to sign if Palacio would leave: Mauro Zárate. After half an hour, Lotito called me back being enthusiastic and convinced to try to sign the player.

I brought him in touch with the player's representative and after long and hard negotiations with Qatari club Al-Sadd a loan deal was closed. Lotito has tried to secure the player and no one else can sign him at this moment. Manchester United, Chelsea and Barcelona nevertheless asked for him.

But it's up to Lazio. They can finally get him in two years: at this moment he's on loan, next May they have an option to become the co-owner and in May 2010 they have the option to permanently buy him. Watching him play in the Italian league, I understand very well why Barcelona insisted so much in a transfer... Just imagine what a trio Zárate, Eto'o and Messi could have done!"

M.L. King

The Preacher
Zarate is one of the best players in Serie A. I'd prefer him to Benzema. He may not have the skills to score with a head but he is really fast and with Eto'o that would be a deadly couple.

barSELOna

I never prefer him to Benzema.Maybe Zarate can better than him but Benzema is the best choosig for our system

M.L. King

The Preacher
I wouldn't agree with you; the only advantage that Benzema has is his height; Zarate is quite small but very fast. He can dribble very well, he is physically very present; both players are very good but I'd still go for Zarate. You never know, maybe he and Messi could combine a lethal duo.

M.L. King

The Preacher
kiki#8 said:
I think he will be perfect for left wing. He and Messi :shock:
And Eto'o/Bojan of course.

I agree; I'd love if we signed him; don't want to see him play for Madrid cause I'm pretty sure they will do anything to snatch him from other clubs.

M.L. King

The Preacher
He is one of the best players in Italy at the moment. I have a friend who is a devoted Lazio fan. Thus, I've watched almost every Lazio game this season. He is really a great talent and with better team mates he'd score even more goal. Great great players. I hope he become one of the world's best.

mmandela

Sueco estrella
He sure is capable of becoming one of the topplayers of the world. He has been playing great this season, especially in the beginning.
He should go to La Liga, it would fit him better.

nebeer

Love is All
He sure is capable of becoming one of the topplayers of the world. He has been playing great this season, especially in the beginning.
He should go to La Liga, it would fit him better.

I agree with you. He can be more suitable in La Liga. May be if we bought Aguero or Villa, he could fill one of their shoes at Atleti or Valencia.

JALJM

Old-ish thread, but IMO, he's the 2nd most talented Argentinian around now. He's not quite the player that Milito, Tevez and Aguero are yet, but is touch, passing and shooting are magnificent, and if he becomes more consistent, I think he'll be better than all of them (obviously not Messi, though :)). He & Vucinic are my favourite players to watch in Serie A.

Not saying Barca should get him...just showing some love :clap:

The Argies just have too much attacking talent right now...

Beast

The Observer
Zarate is one of the best players in Serie A. I'd prefer him to Benzema. He may not have the skills to score with a head but he is really fast and with Eto'o that would be a deadly couple.

He is really talented and i rate ahead of Benzema also
I watched some of Lazio games and can`t say that I`m impressed

well he did have a long dip in form in the middle of the season and as a result so did Lazio.. i think the Jury will be out on his talents next season

Home of Barca Fans