Snooker

Vahue

The standard of last year's WCS was appalling, the final was particularly terrible with O'Sullivan completely giving in mentally. Hopefully this year will be better. The tournament is wide open indeed, but even so there aren't that many players who possess a realistic chance to win. I'll be quite surprised if none of Selby, Trump, O'Sullivan, Robertson or Murphy win it.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
I met Ken Doherty at an airport not too long ago, lovely guy

He is the spitting image of my father, i had to do a double take

El Gato

Villarato!
Stu Bingham is a class act. 3rd oldest champ and killed Murphy with one snooker in 31st frame. It's been so good to watch the last few frames and how he persevered to win. He has the skill, beat a number of big names over the years and deserves the success.

ManusXavi

This is an old video (2014)
Ronnie O'Sullivan is the Ronaldinho of Snooker. So much natural talent. Just not the consistency of a right career attitude these days

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
This is an old video (2014)
Ronnie O'Sullivan is the Ronaldinho of Snooker. So much natural talent. Just not the consistency of a right career attitude these days

Well he has 5 world titles so it isn't bad! Plus 5 UK championships and 10 master titles. So I would say that was pretty consistent. Should he have more world titles? Yes probably but in the 90's and early 00's he had competition fron Hendry, Higgins, Williams who were all world class. In the late 2000's came along the likes of Trump, Ding, Selby, Robertson etc players who on their day can beat anyone.

Without a doubt he'll go down as the greatest snooker player ever.

MasChe

More of a curling guy here. (I was thinking of opening a thread for it, but gave up, as there would probaly be zero interest)
But if that is the thing I saw yesterday with this chinese fella Zhang and brittish guy, ummm can't remember his name , but he won.

Tried to understand it but failed, snooker and I are not meant to be.

Total-Football

ding and selby are going to play the final.. this tournament has been good with some of the best safety shots of any worldchampionship i v seen.. some great tactical battles occured (the decider between ronnie and hawking ).. in contrast , the offensive / spectacular side of the game has been mehh.. anyway lets see who wins it.. hope ding !

Total-Football

Yes im speaking to myself .. Anyway , Selby defeated Ding 18 ' 14 .. a well fought match since Ding was trailing Selby since the beginning ( a shocking 0-6 lead ) .. the match was kinda underwhelming , but my expectations of Selby ( though a solid player ) has always been low .. he's the definition of pragmatism .. this world championship in general was a bit mehh .. i ve seen better tournaments this year.

Anyhow , congrats Selby for winning the world championship again , see yall next year

Home of Barca Fans