Who would you like to stay next season?

Who would you like to stay next season?

• Total voters

ss81bja

Really both Pedro and Alexis have been below par but the difference between the two is 26m euro. It is really an issue of value for money. Are we getting value for money with Alexis? i say no. I mean if we had to buy any other striker like Ibra, Falcao, Neymar, Cavani etc and they brought in the numbers that Alexis is bringing in after 2 seasons i would also question if they should continue with Barca. Barca has a tendency to put players outside their natural positions and this may be what is happening to Alexis.

El Guaje

That would be suprising because he is a forward and his role would be more of a finisher than a creator. Since he is deployed wide he would do some "creating" but in our system it was expected that he along with Messi and Villa would be the "finishers". Being new i didn't expect him initially to win any goal scoring awards but with Messi being heavilly marked and playing almost every match it was expected that Villa and Sanchez would be the alternative goal threats. Alexis was brought in when he started to be prolific in Serie A. At the time he was seen as suiting our system more so we paid 26m euro for him. To be fair, Alexis started poorly in Serie A so it could be a matter of giving him more time but this does not suit Barca right now.

His role now might be more of a finisher, but the player himself is more of a creator than a goalscorer. If you look at him now, in a barcashirt, and then compare him to when he plays for chile, you will notice a huge difference. Seems to be a completely different player. Plays more centrally and often deeper, gets the ball up, picks awesome passes etc etc. Barca coaching team should consider letting him play more to his strengths.

DucdeOrléans

Both ideally. Pedro is bound to improve and we will again witness his importance for the team.

Alexis is a different case though. I almost lost my faith in him but lately, in the last 5-7 games, he has shown his worth and potential despite every single odds being against him. I think that he deserves a chance again seeing that Villa will leave and that Cuenca will stay at Ajax.

Realistically speaking, if the club wants to buy Neymar AND another attacker, which I personally doubt, then one of them needs to be sold. The logical pick would then be Alexis.

veryfatchocobo

His role now might be more of a finisher, but the player himself is more of a creator than a goalscorer. If you look at him now, in a barcashirt, and then compare him to when he plays for chile, you will notice a huge difference. Seems to be a completely different player. Plays more centrally and often deeper, gets the ball up, picks awesome passes etc etc. Barca coaching team should consider letting him play more to his strengths.
He wouldn't fit into the current formation then. Hence why IMO he should be sold off to a team where he will fit better.

ss81bja

If you use the logic of him being a creator then he still won't suit Barca right now because we need strikers and hence even more reason to sell him. The focus would be more on Alexis than Pedro because it was intended that he would be the starting striker. What is going to happen next season!!!. If Messi is out for any prolonged period it would leave Neymar(probably) Alexis, Pedro & Tello as our goal scorers. It would leave us with the most inexperienced and impotent front line out of all the "big" teams in Europe.

El Guaje

He wouldn't fit into the current formation then. Hence why IMO he should be sold off to a team where he will fit better.
Well, if they can change the formation and system and whatever to fit Fabregas, they can also do it for Alexis ;) Nah, but really, hes been better than Pedro even on RW. The only valid reason imo to sell Alexis before Pedro is that he's easily worth more money.

If you use the logic of him being a creator then he still won't suit Barca right now because we need strikers and hence even more reason to sell him. The focus would be more on Alexis than Pedro because it was intended that he would be the starting striker. What is going to happen next season!!!. If Messi is out for any prolonged period it would leave Neymar(probably) Alexis, Pedro & Tello as our goal scorers. It would leave us with the most inexperienced and impotent front line out of all the "big" teams in Europe.

But.. why sell the player who has been better and contributed more (while playing muuuch, much less) instead of the player that has been worse between the them?

ss81bja

But.. why sell the player who has been better and contributed more (while playing muuuch, much less) instead of the player that has been worse between the them?

I think what is confusing people is comparing Pedro with Alexis which at a certain level we should not do. The fact is that Alexis was brought in as the "STARTING" forward while Pedro is really a sub striker( a squad player) so from the beginning expectations would be different for each player. The fact that Alexis has less minutes that Pedro already tells you that the coaching staff has "demoted" Alexis. If Alexis scores a little more than Pedro then that is expected but the question still is, for "26m euro" should Alexis be contributing a little more? i say yes. If, for example we bought Neymar and bring back Bojan next season, Bojan has 16 goals and Neymar has 20 goals after two seasons in La Liga, for me Bojan would've performed above expectations while Neymar would've been below par. Really, if Alexis was "performing" i don't think we would be even looking at either Alexis or Pedro

Home of Barca Fans