If Barca get a new coach, who should it be?

Who should be Barca's new Coach?

• Jurgen Klopp

Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Jupp Heynckes

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • AVB

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Diego Simeone

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Other

Votes: 10 18.2%

• Total voters
Many have suggested that we get a new coach next season.

If we get a new coach, who do you think we should get?

IMO, AVB (though he was shit with Chelsea last season) or Pellegrini could be good choices. Maybe Michael Laudrup, though he's probably not the most popular guy with the fans and the club since he went from Barca to RM as a player.

Some have suggested Klopp, but I'm not sure how available he'll be. Speaking of German coaches, won't Heynckes be available next season (or is he retiring or something?)? :pep:

Edit: added a poll.

Last edited:

Irish_Cules

Many have suggested that we get a new coach next season. IMO, we should get one, and make Tito the assistant coach again, for a number of reasons (which I've stated on other threads and can't be bothered to repeat :p)

If we get a new coach, who do you think we should get?

IMO, AVB (though he was shit with Chelsea last season) or Pellegrini could be good choices. Maybe Michael Laudrup, though he's probably not the most popular guy with the fans and the club since he went from Barca to RM as a player.

Some have suggested Klopp, but I'm not sure how available he'll be. Speaking of German coaches, won't Heynckes be available next season (or is he retiring or something?)? :pep:

You can't just fire him after he won us the league and got us to the semi final. That's a good season. As Garrus said, we're not Chelsea

Also, the idea of making him assistant coach again is absolutely absurd for a number of reasons...

1. He wouldn't want to be demoted and wouldn't accept the role.
2. As a player, seeing your former boss as an assistant manager once again in the dressing room will create a strange atmosphere and I'm sure most players would be against this.
3. The assistant manager is decided upon by the manager. Whoever would be appointed as manager would pick their assistant, not the club.

If Tito was to resign for health reasons then we would obviously have to look for a new manager but it looks like he will be staying on. He made some mistakes this season but he also won us the league and got us to the semi final whilst battling cancer. Show some respect and common sense.

SeloBarca

He didnt win us the league, Messi and Iniesta did plus Madrid playing crap the first half season. We have played badly the whole season and it havent improved.

D

Don_Andrés

If Tito was to resign for health reasons then we would obviously have to look for a new manager but it looks like he will be staying on. He made some mistakes this season but he also won us the league and got us to the semi final whilst battling cancer. Show some respect and common sense.

That's the only reason he should leave the club. Who knows how the season would've panned out, if he hadn't been in New York for a few months. I'm talking about maybe a bit more squad rotation of the players with the likes of Montoya and Bartra. All Roura can do in the period is to try to keep the whole thing going. I also wonder that if he stay's on for next season that he might make a few backroom staff changes/additions? Also it's first season as manager and in spite of his illness, he'll have learn't so much about the job and it's demands.

I've been thinking about last's night's game today and the decision not to make a substitution until very late on. The only conclusion I can come to is, that this group of players have performed so well in the past, that he was giving the chance to do so again. That fact that some of them didn't perform, might have led Tito to the conclusion that their future's are no longer with the club!

JamDav1982

That's the only reason he should leave the club. Who knows how the season would've panned out, if he hadn't been in New York for a few months. I'm talking about maybe a bit more squad rotation of the players with the likes of Montoya and Bartra. All Roura can do in the period is to try to keep the whole thing going. I also wonder that if he stay's on for next season that he might make a few backroom staff changes/additions? Also it's first season as manager and in spite of his illness, he'll have learn't so much about the job and it's demands.

I've been thinking about last's night's game today and the decision not to make a substitution until very late on. The only conclusion I can come to is, that this group of players have performed so well in the past, that he was giving the chance to do so again. That fact that some of them didn't perform, might have led Tito to the conclusion that their future's are no longer with the club!

More squad rotation?

Villanova was still picking the team and advising on substitutions from New York.

The biggest worry is that exactly the same reasons that Barca have struggled in the CL this season and against Madrid last night surfaced again and he did nothing to change it.

Even having to play Barta is partly his error as he said the club did not need a new center back last season.

D

Don_Andrés

More squad rotation?

Villanova was still picking the team and advising on substitutions from New York.

The biggest worry is that exactly the same reasons that Barca have struggled in the CL this season and against Madrid last night surfaced again and he did nothing to change it.

Even having to play Barta is partly his error as he said the club did not need a new center back last season.

Well if he is in charge next season, he's had a season to suss things out, maybe he'll be ruthless and get rid of the players he doesn't want and bring in players he does want. CB's must be the top of his list.

With regards to last night, I'd have took Xavi off, no doubt and have brought Thiago on in his place. Also I'd have Tello on the bench, looking to bring him to stretch the game in the second half. Because, Messi apart, he seems to be the only player that can go by a defender.

lovebarca

IF we need a new coach, I'd say Jurgen Klopp, Frank de Boer or Joachim Low.
klopp favours counter attacking so he is not option.
almost same goes for Low and german NT just said no for Low to arsenal I think that's in news...
and Boer just said in interview he will be stay at least one more year at AJAX.

guys what you think of Jupp Heynckes....I mean i know he is winning because he has great squad but he is one hell of trainer.And he is brilliant at handling egos also.

I am seriously thinking we should sign Jupp Heynckes as replacement of tito.

spark

klopp favours counter attacking so he is not option.
almost same goes for Low and german NT just said no for Low to arsenal I think that's in news...
and Boer just said in interview he will be stay at least one more year at AJAX.

guys what you think of Jupp Heynckes....I mean i know he is winning because he has great squad but he is one hell of trainer.And he is brilliant at handling egos also.

I am seriously thinking we should sign Jupp Heynckes as replacement of tito.

He kept van Gaal's system last year and lost the league along with being destroyed by Dortmund in every encounter.Lost the champions league final at their own stadium. This year he learned from that, tweaked the approach ,players press more and Sammer and co. signed the players they needed in defense and midfield and attack. Basically none you would have been asking for 67 year old Jupp last year but now 11 months later we should sign him and have him retire anyway a year later or so. He got a chance to turn around Bayern's fortunes despite finishing trophy-less, so will Tito after a league title and bloody cancer.

psychotsek

A coach without the Barca/Masia mentality is,maybe,what team needs.
Simeone would be my first choise followed closely by Pellegrini.

JamDav1982

Simeone is just about one of the worst fits I can think of for Barcelona!!

His style is basically the exact opposite of what the club is about.

F

Flavia

Tito is staying, Bartolomeu already said so today. He has all the board behind him.

Home of Barca Fans