Should Barca keep Tito?

Should Barca keep Tito?

• No

Votes: 59 49.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 60 50.4%

• Total voters

spring

They're using tito as a scapegoat, Because they're delusional enough to still think we are the 'best', And somehow all solution are right there in front of tito or any new coach to come, Maybe if you switched that, Used this formation, Bought that, Sold that, Everything we'll be back to normal again :lol:
We're just not the best anymore, Everyone should accept this from now on, We're just a good team who happens to have the best player in the world, That's it, And the semi is about the right expectations for our team at this moment.

we all love tito but this problem was seen from the last year! everyone cried just because of god, buy a new world-class defender, please rotate players because of their age, please don't go for a 70% possession at rivals staduim but finaly losing the games and ...
i don't want to be rude or impolite about him, but he didn't notice or care to all the suggestions (if i don't say he didn't see them). and we repeated all of our mistakes all over the season again and again (like playing with alexis and pedro or playing with alba and alves together in rival's home) and didn't learn any things from our loses against real or milan or ...
we lost our attitude about playing for win, (we played for draws in most of important games, ), we didn't give the chance to our youth talents like gerard and roberto to playing in la liga (even when we had 18 points more than 2nd team ) and ....
i fear we lose this unique chance of having a very special team with great players like messi and xavi and iniesta for having some more championship in ucl because tito must learn somethings!

Ursegor

World Champion
Too many holes in the squad. Need to buy:

2 new world class centerbacks (Pique-Puyol replacement).
1 defensive-minded right- or leftback (Abidal replacement).
1 winger in the Ribery, Di Maria, Neymar mould who has pace, can dribble and score (Henry replacement).
1 world class centerforward in the RvP, Cavani, Falcao, Higuain class (Eto'o replacement).

System needs to change from 4-3-3 to 4-2-3-1 à la Spain (or Bayern yesterday). CF upfront with Messi behind permanently is a priority.

Iniesta belongs on the wing like for Spain. Physically he's too weak to play in the middle. Pep often used Keita in CL away games for a reason. He's moaning that he's a central midfielder and not a winger because he's shitting his pants when he has to get near goalscoring positions yet his best performances this season came when he started out wide and he won the European Player Of The Year Award for his performances with Spain on the wing.

As of April 24th 2013, this squad only has 2 world class players (Messi and Iniesta) and 1 gamechanger (Messi). Nothing to brag about. Many teams are like that. Our backline and wingers aren't anything special. Pedro is the first name on the team sheet this season despite only scoring 10 goals in his last 66 La Liga appearances. Ji-Sung Park reloaded. Except he doesn't even sell shirts in the Canary Islands. Fss.

If these changes don't happen this team will continue to decline. #FACT

Antimadridista1

we must replace him with wenger or kloop! i specially wish for wenger!

It would be huge. Wenger is the man we need.
He has always been one of the bests IMO.

Edit: Totally agree with Ursegor. Everyone knows what we need to step up and take the right way . Time to Zubi and Rosell to show that they are not useless.

Last edited:

Garrus

Too many holes in the squad. Need to buy:

2 new world class centerbacks (Pique-Puyol replacement).
1 defensive-minded right- or leftback (Abidal replacement).
1 winger in the Ribery, Di Maria, Neymar mould who has pace, can dribble and score (Henry replacement).
1 world class centerforward in the RvP, Cavani, Falcao, Higuain class (Eto'o replacement).

System needs to change from 4-3-3 to 4-2-3-1 à la Spain (or Bayern yesterday). CF upfront with Messi behind permanently is a priority.

Iniesta belongs on the wing like for Spain. Physically he's too weak to play in the middle. Pep often used Keita in CL away games for a reason. He's moaning that he's a central midfielder and not a winger because he's shitting his pants when he has to get near goalscoring positions yet his best performances this season came when he started out wide and he won the European Player Of The Year Award for his performances with Spain on the wing.

As of April 24th 2013, this squad only has 2 world class players (Messi and Iniesta) and 1 gamechanger (Messi). Nothing to brag about. Many teams are like that. Our backline and wingers aren't anything special. Pedro is the first name on the team sheet this season despite only scoring 10 goals in his last 66 La Liga appearances. Ji-Sung Park reloaded. Except he doesn't even sell shirts in the Canary Islands. Fss.

If these changes don't happen this team will continue to decline. #FACT
After 1-1 clasico, You admitted that the iniesta on the wing failed, Because he continuously dropped back to midfield, And called the formation 'unbalanced'.
Anyway, Maybe the rumors of bringing a CF were true after all.

Ursegor

World Champion
After 1-1 clasico, You admitted that the iniesta on the wing failed, Because he continuously dropped back to midfield, And called the formation 'unbalanced'.
Anyway, Maybe the rumors of bringing a CF were true after all.

In 4-3-3 with a false 9 it's unbalanced because it clogs up the middle with Busquets, Xavi, Cesc, Iniesta and Messi (5 players) occupying the same zones with no off the ball runners upfront. In 4-2-3-1 which I'm suggesting it wouldn't. See Spain where it works perfectly fine. Or Argentina where Di Maria is playing that hybrid AM / LW role. It's a matter of proper management.

Last edited:

BarcaOG

Banned
we shouldn't fire him, but he should step down. as some of you have mentioned above, he is fighting cancer.

that is no position in which to manage an elite european club. he needs rest and recovery, and barcelona need a coach that will be there at all times.

messid10s

This thread is ridiculous and oh so reactionary we were beaten by one of the best bayern teams in years who will most likely win the whole thing. Tito can only do the best with what he has at his disposal which in the case of our shambolic defence is nothing at all. Only Alba has played consistently well and the rest of the back line has been ravaged by injuries or aren't Barca standard. I blame Rossell more than anything for being so tight and not paying extra for Thiago Silva.

Give the man a chance to sort out the defence in the summer FFS and maybe get another forward to take the load of Messi.

This thread is ridiculous and oh so reactionary we were beaten by one of the best bayern teams in years who will most likely win the whole thing. Tito can only do the best with what he has at his disposal which in the case of our shambolic defence is nothing at all. Only Alba has played consistently well and the rest of the back line has been ravaged by injuries or aren't Barca standard. I blame Rossell more than anything for being so tight and not paying extra for Thiago Silva.

Give the man a chance to sort out the defence in the summer FFS and maybe get another forward to take the load of Messi.

We already have someone like that: Villa. Tito should have started him, or at least subbed him on at half time. Speaking of subs, where were they? He didn't make any until we were 4-0 down. Not to mention we should have pressed better. And we got owned in midfield, which, with the players we have in midfield, should NEVER happen.

Our tactics were shit and our players were unmotivated, which were the 2 main reasons for our loss IMO. Guess who's job it is to come up with the tactics and motivate the players.

messid10s

Villa has not been the same player since coming back from injury. I doubt the players were unmotivated how could they not be for a champions league semi final they were just completely shattered Xavi as been playing too much with a chronic achilles injury for someone his age busquets has been playing with a pelvic injury for weeks Messi was clearly not match fit no wonder Bayern overran us in midfield and were able to get at our shambolic defence more than usual.

BarcaOG

Banned
this is easily the closest poll ive seen in my time at barcaforum.

its illustrative of the broader dislocation in the barcelona base.

DavidVillano1

As an outsider I think Tito has made bad decisions throughout the season, even early on Barcelona were winning matches but leaving it late.

I've said all season that Barcelona have not been as good as previous years and it could come back to haunt them. Struggled too often in the big matches and I think Tito had a complete stinker last night. Whilst his lack of playing Villa early on and continuing to play Fabregas has been other key mistakes.

Garrus

In 4-3-3 with a false 9 it's unbalanced because it clogs up the middle with Busquets, Xavi, Cesc, Iniesta and Messi (5 players) occupying the same zones with no off the ball runners upfront. In 4-2-3-1 which I'm suggesting it wouldn't. See Spain where it works perfectly fine. Or Argentina where Di Maria is playing that hybrid AM / LW role. It's a matter of proper management.
I agree with what you suggested, The fact tito started placing villa in front of messi against milan and PSG, Must mean he realized how essential it is, And the 4-2-3-1 is the only permanent solution for this.
On the other hand, I remember tito criticizing mou in some old interview, Saying that 4-2-3-1 tactic is not appealing, Or something like that.

http://www.foxsportsasia.com/football/news/detail/item797206/

Let's hope he changed his mind.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans