Germany

ChelseaFanLello

Hi, in international football I Support Germany. Hehe captain ballack is at chelsea :D

Anyways, for the goalkeeping position, it's still a mistery who will be germany no.1:

Robert Enke, who actually had a very small spell at FC Barcelona if I am right, is good, but I don't think he is worth being german no.1
Rene Adler, Bayer Leverkusen, is still young, and a great prospect, along with Manuel Neuer. While Michael Rensing isn't having good performances with Bayern. Timo Hildebrand didn't get 1st team football at valecnia, he moved to Hoffenheim only to be 2nd choice there, hahaha:D so who do u guys think should take on the no.1 goalkeeper spot at germany?

As for Defence, a mixture of youth and experience is three, with Serdar Tasci and Heiko Westermann and Andreas Beck, and Marcel Schafer being the youngsters. Along with Experienced and effective players such as Philipp Lahm, Arne Friedrich, Per Mertesacker, Cristopher Metzelder, Clemens Fritz, Marcel Jansen, Andreas Hinkel.
As for Cristopher Metzelder, my advice to him is to quit Real Madrid, go to a team where he plays first team football so that Joachim Low can call him back to the squad.

For Midfield, young players such as Ozil and Marin have a bright future IMO. Ballack is past his prime, but that's only with chelsea, when he plays for the german side, he acts like a true leader, but I don't think he will continue playing after the 2010 south africa world cup. Same as Torsten Frings. Thomas Hitzelsperger, Simon Rolfes and Tim Borowski seem to be the contenders for his replacement as they play Defesnive Midfielders like hin. Bastian Schweinsteiger is a key player. Germany need a new winger to play on the other flank, but the question is who? Marin is too young to take on such responsibility now.

As for Attack, stupid Kevin Kuranyi got frustrated and now is never going back to the national team. Miroslav Klose is a key player, he is irreplaceable at the moment, and world class player. Lukas Podolski is also efficient but i think he made a mistake by transfering to FC Koln at the end of the season, he deserves a better club than them. Patrick Helmes is also proving his worth for the team. But Mario Gomez is a waste, he plays so good for Vfb Sttutgart, but with the national outfit he sucks.

What are ur opions guys? And any German fans on the forum?

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Who cares what Germany's team is we know that they will always make it to the quater finals.

reiniksrobis

Munichmaniac
Yes, Germany is my second favourite team after Latvia[my country]! I really like Ballack, Lahm, Schweini, Klose in German national team!

Jaumet

All round Nice Guy
Ze German are always good, they combine fitness, technical ability and brute force perfectly! And are always are very hard team to beat... I swear it because of their diet.... (I just like eating meat)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, in international football I Support Germany. Hehe captain ballack is at chelsea :D

Anyways, for the goalkeeping position, it's still a mistery who will be germany no.1:

Robert Enke, who actually had a very small spell at FC Barcelona if I am right, is good, but I don't think he is worth being german no.1
Rene Adler, Bayer Leverkusen, is still young, and a great prospect, along with Manuel Neuer. While Michael Rensing isn't having good performances with Bayern. Timo Hildebrand didn't get 1st team football at valecnia, he moved to Hoffenheim only to be 2nd choice there, hahaha:D so who do u guys think should take on the no.1 goalkeeper spot at germany?

As for Defence, a mixture of youth and experience is three, with Serdar Tasci and Heiko Westermann and Andreas Beck, and Marcel Schafer being the youngsters. Along with Experienced and effective players such as Philipp Lahm, Arne Friedrich, Per Mertesacker, Cristopher Metzelder, Clemens Fritz, Marcel Jansen, Andreas Hinkel.
As for Cristopher Metzelder, my advice to him is to quit Real Madrid, go to a team where he plays first team football so that Joachim Low can call him back to the squad.

For Midfield, young players such as Ozil and Marin have a bright future IMO. Ballack is past his prime, but that's only with chelsea, when he plays for the german side, he acts like a true leader, but I don't think he will continue playing after the 2010 south africa world cup. Same as Torsten Frings. Thomas Hitzelsperger, Simon Rolfes and Tim Borowski seem to be the contenders for his replacement as they play Defesnive Midfielders like hin. Bastian Schweinsteiger is a key player. Germany need a new winger to play on the other flank, but the question is who? Marin is too young to take on such responsibility now.

As for Attack, stupid Kevin Kuranyi got frustrated and now is never going back to the national team. Miroslav Klose is a key player, he is irreplaceable at the moment, and world class player. Lukas Podolski is also efficient but i think he made a mistake by transfering to FC Koln at the end of the season, he deserves a better club than them. Patrick Helmes is also proving his worth for the team. But Mario Gomez is a waste, he plays so good for Vfb Sttutgart, but with the national outfit he sucks.

What are ur opions guys? And any German fans on the forum?

I like Germany. And what I like the most is their team spirit and determination.
When you look at it they haven`t had a superstar player since Mathias Sammer and Stefan Effenberg and they still manage to stay among the best.
Hopefully likes of Kroos, Howedes and others will develop into quality players...
As for Gomez... I`d give him more time, he`s still young and I`m sure he`ll get better.

Guardian

Today's Germany is only a shadow of that Germany of the 70's, 80's, and early 90's. At that time Germany had some of finest players, I remember WC 1990 in Italy it was my fisrt World cup and that team is two levels above Ballack and co. They had Jurgen Kohler, one of toughest defenders, Brehme, Mattheus, Klinsmann, Voller, Augentaller, Litbarski they were a brilliant team. today the only players that can cope with them are Klose and Ballack and maybe Schweini.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Man that 1990 German team is about 100 levels higher than the one today, let alone 2!

Their defence is a shambles - mertesacker and metzelder are truly bad centre backs. Yet the Germans with their tenacity always make the last 8 and it is their mental strength which is their main weapon.

My favourite german player is Frings who I believe is one of the most under rated midfielders in the game today.

reiniksrobis

Munichmaniac
Guardian, Schweini? I don't think so! Lahm is one of the best[if not the best] player in Germany NT/Bayern! He is defender, but it doesn't mean he is bad player :lol:

ChelseaFanLello

Schweinsteiger is a great player. But I don't know why, he just is at his best against portuguese teams, in the world cup, everyone remembers the 3rd place playoff and what schweini did to the portuguese. In Euro 08 also, he was the best that game. And even in 06-07 champions league, i think in the group stage, he got a shot that no keeper in the world dreams of saving, strange......

reiniksrobis

Munichmaniac
Yeah, Schweini just LOVES Portugal :rofl1: And Portugal hates Schweini :party00231: And he wasn't bad against Sporting this year :lol: Fighting spirit, great crossing[from FK's, corners or from game] and desire to destroy portuguese teams[I just hate Portugal football]! These 3 reasons makes me like Schweini!

C

Chelsea.Bibu07

I thought Ballack retired Lol. I guess I was fooled then, anyway with Germany as said above always reaches Quarters and then they quit. I like the likes of Ballack, Klose and Lucas. Its my favourite team, no particular order.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Their win in Moscow was a surprise. Ok, maybe not entirely, as they are always underestimated. Still, Joachim Low is a sad excuse of a manager.

Home of Barca Fans