Germany

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Thanx. Good to see you optimistic.
It really is a a good thing to have a group of players at the same level as everyone will be fighting for their spot. As for mental strength and experience... I do agree you are lacking a bit more experience but the mental strength was never a problem with German teams. SA teams have the technique, Sub Sahara the athleticism, you have team spirit, determination and that iron will that is deeply instilled in your players imo.
In a way, Ballack out could be a blessing in disguise as it adds up to your strong point that is team-play.
One more question: What about Kießling?
Kießling didnt seem very fortunate lately. He played a strong 1st season half, but the 2nd half was ok, nothing more. From his potential i dont see him above Gomez or Cacau. From his style he mostly resembles Cacau, as i see him as a deep-lying forward too. Although he makes up for a good target in the box due to his height too. Then he played a unfortunate friendly vs Malta where he missed a lot, then he wasnt used in the Hungary match. SO i dont think he is high on Löws list, kicker.de even considers him as one of the few candidates for the last one that has to be dropped from the final squad.

Guardian

Agree about Cacau, who by the way was nicknamed Cacau because as a kid he loved cocoa (cacau in portuguese) so much, I think that Aogo will be a cover option for the DMs spot. Jansen or Lahm to be used on the left.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Agree about Cacau, who by the way was nicknamed Cacau because as a kid he loved cocoa (cacau in portuguese) so much, I think that Aogo will be a cover option for the DMs spot. Jansen or Lahm to be used on the left.

I dont believe in Jansen on the LB position (that never worked out during EC 2008 and he didnt play that position for in Hamburg), however Lahm there could really happen. He apparently prefers to play right now, but Löw has many more RB options than LB, so this can be decisive.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
right! :)

I hope they dont take over the mentality of most teams so far, being glad about a draw in their first match and not risking anything. But i have a good feeling that they dare trying sth. The australians however are a tough team to play against and will try to keep us from getting rolling.

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
Germany have a very good team... young players (most of them), good coach... who knows, maybe in 2014...

Peerd

Notorious Demagogue
Germany has the future.

I am secretly thinking about a Euro 2012 Final Netherlands-Germany already :)
As long as we win ;)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Big win for Germany against Turkey. Low was brave and picked Kroos, who has been struggling in Bayern, to replace injured Schweinsteiger. Klose scored twice proving for the Xth time that he is completely another player when playing for his NT. Ozil also scored continuing his fine form from Real Madrid.

Neuer
Lahm
Mertesacker
Badstuber
Westermann
Khedira
Kroos
T. Müller
Özil
Podolski
Klose

Home of Barca Fans