Germany

suckabov

Lemon curry?
^ Yeah, but with the difference that Löw already played Kießling, which ties him to Germany, and has kindly ignored him ever since, whereas Costa still has the chance to join Spain. Plus, Scolari already won a title and has belief in his players (at least the ones he decides to call up) that sometimes even verges on arrogance. Löw doesn't. He's even more arrogant, but on the other end of the scale. He's arrogant towards his players, at least the non-Bayern ones. He's just on an ego trip. I don't think he or DFB understand that the team should be the main priority, and not him.

If Löw openly stood by his decisions and just admitted that he doesn't think Kießling, Weidenfeller, Hummels etc worthy of playing in his team, things were'nt quite as ridiculous. But he prefers to stay on the safe side. And then the media call Klopp "hot-headed" because he dares to criticise Löw and his treatment of Hummels, using his Napoli rage attack to make him seem like a madman who's just angry about his team losing and who's not to be taken seriously anyway. And when Hummels says that DFB can't bear being criticised, he's portrayed as an offended bad loser. :lol:

Well, the only thing we're left with to do is to stage a coup, that's pretty alternativlos as well. I say we either do it now, so that the new coach has enough time to work with the team, or in the aftermath of the world cup, when everybody will be so angry that they won't mind anyway.

Last edited:

DennyCrane

Löw contract extension till 2016 inbound. Why even pretend to think about alternatives or play act as if there was anything up for negotiation other than his wage - why not just glue him to the chair for lifetime and be done with it already.

Last edited:

BarcaVillain

^ Yeah, but with the difference that Löw already played Kießling, which ties him to Germany, and has kindly ignored him ever since, whereas Costa still has the chance to join Spain. Plus, Scolari already won a title and has belief in his players (at least the ones he decides to call up) that sometimes even verges on arrogance. Löw doesn't. He's even more arrogant, but on the other end of the scale. He's arrogant towards his players, at least the non-Bayern ones. He's just on an ego trip. I don't think he or DFB understand that the team should be the main priority, and not him.

If Löw openly stood by his decisions and just admitted that he doesn't think Kießling, Weidenfeller, Hummels etc worthy of playing in his team, things were'nt quite as ridiculous. But he prefers to stay on the safe side. And then the media call Klopp "hot-headed" because he dares to criticise Löw and his treatment of Hummels, using his Napoli rage attack to make him seem like a madman who's just angry about his team losing and who's not to be taken seriously anyway. And when Hummels says that DFB can't bear being criticised, he's portrayed as an offended bad loser. :lol:

Well, the only thing we're left with to do is to stage a coup, that's pretty alternativlos as well. I say we either do it now, so that the new coach has enough time to work with the team, or in the aftermath of the world cup, when everybody will be so angry that they won't mind anyway.

Cue Hummels needing to move to Bayern to get into the NT. The way the Bundesliga is run is an example to the rest of Europe, the way Bayern overshadows the other teams isn't.

DennyCrane

My guess would be Weidenfeller.

Edit: I regret calling Bierhoff MC Hair-Spray earlier; the correct term would have been MC Shampoo. Because he's worth it.

Last edited:

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Looks more like Hasselhoff than Bierhoff in that one. Also looks like he is heading the ball more with his hairdo than with his head (hairing the ball?). And that first bit isn't even lip sync. :lol:

MC Shampoo has to be Hummels, though...

Last edited:

suckabov

Lemon curry?
MC Wurst:

I don't know what puts me off the most about this, him, the way he talks or the sound when he's biting the sausage.

And my gawd, I didn't know Iker pulled an MC Shampoo too:

Hummels did it better though.

Last edited:

DennyCrane

Definetely the sound of the sausage; guess he needed a Wiesenhof hurl-e after this.

MC Kraft-in-den-Teller

and the inevitable MC Nivea

footyfan

Calma, calma
Hummels :worthy:

Why is hair so unruly though during matches? It stands out among all the Dortmund players with their slicked hair. I remember during the 1st leg of the semis vs Madrid, every single closeup revealed the same hair style, that was crazy.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
MCs Nutella... or MCs cringeworthy? Not sure.
That second one... seriously. :lol:

Hummels :worthy:

Why is hair so unruly though during matches? It stands out among all the Dortmund players with their slicked hair. I remember during the 1st leg of the semis vs Madrid, every single closeup revealed the same hair style, that was crazy.
Reus recently talked about that. He said he uses his own special styling technique so that his hair stays in place, but buys normal drugstore hair gel. That was one informative interview. :sherlock:

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Well, how Löw got that reputation will be a topic for Galileo Mystery in the future. No one knows, but I'm sure the Illuminati are involved here. As it stands, at some point after Klinsmann said that he'd step down someone came up with the idea that Löw was actually the tactical mastermind behind the NT and this has been repeated so often until everyone believes it. That was probably self-preservation by the DFB, the head coach job wasn't necessarily a coachs' dream at this point and they had to justify Löw.

It's even more baffling considering that his adventures in recent tournaments have been somewhat mixed, but people seem to suffer from selective amnesia:

2008: A decent game vs Poland was immediately followed by an abysmal one vs Croatia. Against Austria, who failed to repeat Cordoba 1978, the team was uninspired to say the least. Two flattering wins vs Portugal and Turkey later, the team went to the final to be outclassed by Spain.
All in all, a decent tournament with a lot of issues being... well, let's call it developable. It was Löws' first tournament and he did a good job here. Judging from results only, it was more than good. Löw talked about the team being in a state of development and he was correct.

2010: Now we're reaching the point, where two matches overshadow everything else -let's not get ahead of ourselves here though. Germany beat Australia comfortably as it should be and expectations went through the roof but well.. then came Serbia and Germany sucked. Kloses' sent-off was a joke but the team sucked nevertheless - at this point it was already clear that Löws' team will continue to struggle against well-organized compact defenses with tight positioning - a flaw the team still suffers from until this day. Then came Ghana and despite the win - the overall performance was shocking.
Despite all expectations, what followed were the best two matches in Löws' career to this day. England couldn't cope at all with the fast movement, quick counters and one touch football and was utterly destroyed in the process. Then came the team that set out to prove that compactness is overrated, formerly known as Argentina, and was steamrolled.
The match vs Spain, well... didn't go so well.
All in all, two matches made it to the collective consciousness masking that Germany had a hard time getting through the group stage. Löw talked about the team being in a state of development but that was already doubtful at this point.

2012: The Group of Death - Germany gets through unscathed. Sure, it included a rather obscure performance vs Portugal but nobody's perfect. Expectation went through the roof again and the team answered by beating Greece.
What followed now though, was the worst match by far in Löws' term: Tactically inept, completely anemic performance with an über-flattering result vs Italy. The public blamed the players because they didn't sing the national anthem, Löw blamed Hummels. No one blamed Löw. Löw talked about, you guessed it, the team being in state of development, which was by now proven to be incorrect.

2013: The team is again in a state of development and Löw and his gang including MC Hair-Spray scaled down expectations for 2014 already, calling it impossible to win, as you quoted. This is so far removed from common sense that it's stunning. What are they thinking with this ****load of **** ?

And here we are, having the most talented squad since the seventees with a coach who doesn't seem to believe in those players at all. Between this, and Niersbach calling Löws' position 'alternativlos' (I don't think there's a correct translation for the dumbest term ever created by mankind), it's just becoming too much.

This is gold.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Perhaps, if Sweden does win, the contract renewal will be reconsidered? :pep:
But nah, I see a singing debate coming up. The singing was especially lacking today...

ccesc

In my opinion germany have the 2nd best team after Spain.
Too bad that they also have the worst coach.

Home of Barca Fans