Germany

Robbie

5167_2f31.gif

:lol:

DennyCrane

Jogi Löw aka 'the man who constantly ignores Stefan Kießling' achieved yet another milestone by ignoring Stefan Kießling again... and nominating Max Kruse instead. Even with Klose and Gomez out injured, there's no way for poor Stefan to join the NT.

Kießling should consider answering this affront by sinking the Bayern ship later today; or pull a Costa and go play for Austria or something like that.

Der Kaiser

Jogi Löw aka 'the man who constantly ignores Stefan Kießling' achieved yet another milestone by ignoring Stefan Kießling again... and nominating Max Kruse instead. Even with Klose and Gomez out injured, there's no way for poor Stefan to join the NT.

Kießling should consider answering this affront by sinking the Bayern ship later today; or pull a Costa and go play for Austria or something like that.

He played for Germany before so he cant switch national sides. Would be hilarious indeed if he scored against Bayern today, maybe even the winning goal.

DennyCrane

He played for Germany before so he cant switch national sides. Would be hilarious indeed if he scored against Bayern today, maybe even the winning goal.

Ahhh, you're right. He was in the 2010 WC squad and had two games or so prior to that, so that ship has sailed. All the more reason to blow the bavarians out of the water today.
Der Kies ftw.

DennyCrane

Mmmmmhhhhhh, a kla ja. Kießling probably just aint enough of a player for Löws' brand of wan datsch football.

Thought the two had a open debate, seems like that didn't turn out too positive.

Edit: There's also a nasty rumour going round that Kießling called löw 'Sissi' when they were in South Africa. Now that would explain a lot.

Last edited:

suckabov

Lemon curry?
While I wish Oliver Kahn would just shut up for once in his life, I do think he might be right about Kießling resembling Gomez too much, who in turn isn't Löw's first choice either. This could be a rational reasoning behind this. But whatever it is, I don't think there's anyone at fault but Löw, whether Kieß called him a Sissi or not. It's not like he is the only case, or else Weidenfeller must have insulted Löw too to be left out so consistently. Löw has his habit of preferring certain players over others for no obvious reason (not necessarily at least). Now I don't really want Germany to fail, especially because I want to see loudmouths like Kahn, Töpperwien, Rubenbauer etc. shut up with their choker or anthem crap and eat humble pie, but I somehow wish Löw will get punished for this.

DennyCrane

Sadly, he won't. DFB will extend his contract prior to the WC most likely and Bierhoff already played the insurance card this summer: "Very strong competition in Brazil, reaching the quarters is doable etc. pp. ". Which means that no matter how this ends, Löw and his small-sized platoon of gutless brown-nosers will still run the show here.

Kahn might be right about this, but if so there is no excuse for Löw not to just tell Kies or some other players how it is. Does he ? No, of course not, because somewhere in the back of his brain there's something telling him that he might need these players some day, so he keeps them hanging in the balance without risking anything. In short, he's a Sissi.

Furthermore, how he treats Kies is just a sidenote in his track-record. How he treated Ballack, Frings or Kuranyi, how he always rebukes Dortmund players if something didn't go along the plan made of pure """sophisticated tactical expertise""" (one pair of quotation marks wasn't nearly enough here) while seemingly having his permanent residence in Uli Hoeneß rectum, how he excludes players for no apparent reason despite them delivering top performances, his insolence in ridiculing van Gaal despite copy-pasting his ideas...

Maybe it's just me, but everytime he opens his mouth these days I find something I could bitch about for hours. Why can't he just go away and take the other two clowns with him ?

Anyway, feels good to have this out of my system. :D

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Yeah, Löw and Bierhoff going on about how Brazil will be a hard nut to crack is just ridiculous :lol: I mean why even go there then? Saying there's tough competition is one thing, but saying winning the title is impossible (and that's what he said) is just extremely stupid. And DFB has blind faith in Löw, where that comes from remains a secret. As I said before I don't know where this idea of Löw as the calculating tactical mastermind derives from, anyone who hears him speak should notice hat he's not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer. And losing to Italy in the Euros was clearly a tactical mistake, with his stroke of genius playing Kroos. The whole Euros were questionable actually, at least there was no justification whatsoever for playing Podolski, Müller and Schweinsteiger over Reus, Götze and perhaps even Gündogan considering their respective forms.

And it's clear as day he has a preference for Bayern players. He can deny it all he wants, but the bayernpreferencia is even more obvious than Barca's messidependencia last season. Reus is the only Dortmund player Löw has regularly been using without criticising him big time, unlike Schmelzer for example - and that applies only for the post-Euros 2012 era. I don't remember when he ever criticised Bayern players as openly. Also, if we consider Schweinsteiger for example, he's missed 12 friendlies in a row, in which Gündogan often showed impressive performances. It's clear he's not going to bench Schweinsteiger when it matters, nor would that be justified given his form in Bayern last season, but the thing is he wouldn't even do it if Schweinsteiger was utter crap for Bayern. Just like last year, when Schweinsteiger's form during the Euros was just desastrous and he still played him in every single game. What the heck? I know some might regard it as blasphemous, but why not give others a chance? It's not like there weren't any alternatives. And I don't mean Kroos.

It's clear Löw's time is running up and he should finally retire. I don't understand his plan to stay either; sure he wants to win a title, but for the sake of his football mission, he should just let someone else take over, someone who could carry on from where he stops. Because if he fails to win the title, and I dare to say it's likely he will, his whole philosophy and work of the past years lose any form of legitimation, which will further fuel the discussions about alpha wolves and hierarchies in the team. If he wants his ideas (and I don't mean ideas regarding which players to call up) to live on in the national team, he probably has to become a martyr for it. And if he is as intelligent as he is thought to be by oh so many, he just has to accept the fact that he's perhaps not the person to be able to finally do it.

Edit: In the PK today Bierhoff said that Bayern is a good example of not using a striker. And said that even without Klose/Gomez they have enough alternatives for that position in the team, like Müller. Lol. Just lol.

Last edited:

DennyCrane

Well, how Löw got that reputation will be a topic for Galileo Mystery in the future. No one knows, but I'm sure the Illuminati are involved here. As it stands, at some point after Klinsmann said that he'd step down someone came up with the idea that Löw was actually the tactical mastermind behind the NT and this has been repeated so often until everyone believes it. That was probably self-preservation by the DFB, the head coach job wasn't necessarily a coachs' dream at this point and they had to justify Löw.

It's even more baffling considering that his adventures in recent tournaments have been somewhat mixed, but people seem to suffer from selective amnesia:

2008: A decent game vs Poland was immediately followed by an abysmal one vs Croatia. Against Austria, who failed to repeat Cordoba 1978, the team was uninspired to say the least. Two flattering wins vs Portugal and Turkey later, the team went to the final to be outclassed by Spain.
All in all, a decent tournament with a lot of issues being... well, let's call it developable. It was Löws' first tournament and he did a good job here. Judging from results only, it was more than good. Löw talked about the team being in a state of development and he was correct.

2010: Now we're reaching the point, where two matches overshadow everything else -let's not get ahead of ourselves here though. Germany beat Australia comfortably as it should be and expectations went through the roof but well.. then came Serbia and Germany sucked. Kloses' sent-off was a joke but the team sucked nevertheless - at this point it was already clear that Löws' team will continue to struggle against well-organized compact defenses with tight positioning - a flaw the team still suffers from until this day. Then came Ghana and despite the win - the overall performance was shocking.
Despite all expectations, what followed were the best two matches in Löws' career to this day. England couldn't cope at all with the fast movement, quick counters and one touch football and was utterly destroyed in the process. Then came the team that set out to prove that compactness is overrated, formerly known as Argentina, and was steamrolled.
The match vs Spain, well... didn't go so well.
All in all, two matches made it to the collective consciousness masking that Germany had a hard time getting through the group stage. Löw talked about the team being in a state of development but that was already doubtful at this point.

2012: The Group of Death - Germany gets through unscathed. Sure, it included a rather obscure performance vs Portugal but nobody's perfect. Expectation went through the roof again and the team answered by beating Greece.
What followed now though, was the worst match by far in Löws' term: Tactically inept, completely anemic performance with an über-flattering result vs Italy. The public blamed the players because they didn't sing the national anthem, Löw blamed Hummels. No one blamed Löw. Löw talked about, you guessed it, the team being in state of development, which was by now proven to be incorrect.

2013: The team is again in a state of development and Löw and his gang including MC Hair-Spray scaled down expectations for 2014 already, calling it impossible to win, as you quoted. This is so far removed from common sense that it's stunning. What are they thinking with this ****load of **** ?

And here we are, having the most talented squad since the seventees with a coach who doesn't seem to believe in those players at all. Between this, and Niersbach calling Löws' position 'alternativlos' (I don't think there's a correct translation for the dumbest term ever created by mankind), it's just becoming too much.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
How he treated Ballack, Frings or Kuranyi, how he always rebukes Dortmund players if something didn't go along the plan made of pure """sophisticated tactical expertise""" (one pair of quotation marks wasn't nearly enough here) while seemingly having his permanent residence in Uli Hoeneß rectum, how he excludes players for no apparent reason despite them delivering top performances, his insolence in ridiculing van Gaal despite copy-pasting his ideas...

Bravo, simply bravo!!! How I wish he would call up Castro.

You and suckabov, just outstanding. :worthy:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans