Laporte.jpg

Full name Aymeric Laporte
Date of birth: 27 May 1994 (age 18)
Place of birth: Agen, France
Height: 1.89 m (6 ft 2 in)
Playing position: Centre back
Current club: Athletic Bilbao
Number: 4

He's the only French-Basque player at Athletic and a very up-and-coming central defender. He has great amounts of talent and could very well be partnering up with Raphael Varane in the France back line a few years from now. I wish he was Spanish but he is a great player destined for great things nevertheless. When Bielsa leaves next season I hope the new manager can really get the team to gel into this young generation of Athletic players. Ander, Muniain, Aurtenetxe, Laporte, Kepa, and others are all amazing players who can be the core for a great team in the future.

poltergeist

Lovely player with lots of potential. Technically, he's almost flawless. Question mark over his discipline though - got his 2nd s/off last night vs Sevilla.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Lovely player with lots of potential. Technically, he's almost flawless. Question mark over his discipline though - got his 2nd s/off last night vs Sevilla.

Well he's new to the first team game and does concede some unnecessary fouls so it's not a major flaw. Besides the game vs Sevilla was a reflection quite a bit of shit management so you can't have expected him to play amazingly. You can expect to see the very best of him (and the rest of the Athletic team) next season when they likely get a new, stable manager. Caparros would be the best option to develop the youth and make the team gel as the next generation takes over.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Out for the remainder of the season with a knee injury sadly, although considering that the season is almost over I doubt it's a huge issue for him. He'll be ready and fit towards the beginning of next season to help lead the Athletic defense to a hopefully strong 2013/14 season.

In the mean time I'm still praying that Athletic choose a great new manager next season

H

Haruko The Goon

So glad I found this thread. This boy has a bright future.
I was debating with a friend at work what Barca should do in the near future. His stance is " Buy Hummels, that is all"
Which isn't exactly a bad idea, I know Barca like to keep things Spanish as much as possible (respect on that part) So I was wondering who will replace the soon to be gone legend, Puyol.
I know a hell of a lot of you guys love Bartra, and I think he's a great choice, I felt like I needed to find another young Spanish CB, and I found this guy.

As far as technical CB's, Laporte is amazing. He reminds me of Thiago Silva in a sense that he's physically-able to use his body in almost all and any situations and doesn't just jump into the tackle. He positions his body in the right place to cut out an attack, and to cut out the options for an attacker. He was Whoscoreds.net top 10 teenagers of last season, and only the third CB on their top players list. with an average rating of 7.68.

What's your take on him? A future signing perhaps?

T

TataMascapenes

Laporte is great, he isn't Spanish though, but a French Basque, hence he's able to play for Athletic.

H

Haruko The Goon

omg wow. I've just read about Bilbao's cantera policy of bringing young Basque players through the ranks.
If you consider they've never been relegated, I think that's unbelievable. MASSIVE respect to Bilbao for that. Truly amazing.
such a small bowl they can fish from, yet they do well. Salute them.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
So glad I found this thread. This boy has a bright future.
I was debating with a friend at work what Barca should do in the near future. His stance is " Buy Hummels, that is all"
Which isn't exactly a bad idea, I know Barca like to keep things Spanish as much as possible (respect on that part) So I was wondering who will replace the soon to be gone legend, Puyol.
I know a hell of a lot of you guys love Bartra, and I think he's a great choice, I felt like I needed to find another young Spanish CB, and I found this guy.

As far as technical CB's, Laporte is amazing. He reminds me of Thiago Silva in a sense that he's physically-able to use his body in almost all and any situations and doesn't just jump into the tackle. He positions his body in the right place to cut out an attack, and to cut out the options for an attacker. He was Whoscoreds.net top 10 teenagers of last season, and only the third CB on their top players list. with an average rating of 7.68.

What's your take on him? A future signing perhaps?

Really doesn't remind me of Silva at all. Silva is about speed and pure correctness in decisions. Laporte is like a more tenacious version of Pique. He actually does commit to tackles sometimes and gives up needless fouls, but overall his positioning is very great and he can suffocate an attack with ease. As a passer, not many as composed as he is on the ball.

If he's a signing, it'll take some massive negotiation skills to get him. As of now, he still loves Athletic and will play for them for the next few years. Amongst Athletic fans he's a shoe-in for the future captain/leader role. He might renew and get a massive buyout clause, just like other Athletic players have (notably Javi Martinez who went for 40m). Athletic aren't an easy selling club, the players are proud of the team and have a very strong connection which is why we don't get bullied around by other teams for our players (other than last years). The club has kept Muniain, Susaeta, Herrera, De Marcos, and many other class players so it's not yet sure that Laporte will even consider leaving. If he does, expect it to be VERY expensive.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He's been so damn good this season. Right up there with Varane and Marquinhos in the best u21 CB's in the world (in terms of form, way ahead of both at the moment).

Butaan4barca

He's been so damn good this season. Right up there with Varane and Marquinhos in the best u21 CB's in the world (in terms of form, way ahead of both at the moment).

and no one here would notice, i am sure all barca scouts are in london watching luiz life style

F

Flavia

If Zubi were smart, he'd pay his buyout. He is worth it.
But bayern will probably do it.

Home of Barca Fans