Aymeric Laporte

Messi983

Lol no, this is the first time Laporte had a longterm injury. He's far from Dembele but yeah, probably wouldn't be smart to replace Umtiti with another French player with a bad knee. :abidal:

Apparently we are after him, he is on the front cover of MD tomorrow.

And Sport says Pau Torres is our target. I think he's much more likely/realistically available between the two but we'll surely hear a lot of other names thrown out in the media over the next few weeks/months as our potential CB targets.

As I've said before I don't get why we're concentrating so much on left-footed CBs which clearly limits our options. We've had right-footed Puyi and Masche playing well as LCBs in the past but now we somehow always want to have two lefties. Upamecano is also usually playing as a LCB for Leipzig so hopefully we didn't discard him because he's right footed but wouldn't surprise me. :lol:

Pau Torres aint even better than Lenglet. If we want young promising CB, we already have Todibo. For me, buy one realy quality one, like Upamecano or just keep Umtiti and hope Todibo steps up.

vuji_31

When fit Laporte is best from all options.

Upamecano is our choice but he could be bew Miltao.

They will buy some retard from Villareal or Sevilla for 30mil.

While Todibo who fit in our team great is going to Schalke

Yannik

so why is Laporte allowed to play for Spain now under the new rules, when Sosa and Bajramis NT switches were both rejected by FIFA this week?

Last edited:

Yannik

He has never played for France, why wouldn't he be allowed to play for Spain?

because FIFAs weird statutes currently state that if you have an NT cap (at any senior or youth level) after you turned 21 you are locked to that nation and cant transfer. Several players were already rejected for that reason in the past weeks, such as Sosa for Germany yesterday or Bajrami for Albania last month. Laporte was 21 in his last u21 cap vs Scotland in 2016, so the same age as Bajrami who got rejected.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans