Aymeric Laporte

aaron101

He will be fired before that.

Hopefully not because it would be a lot of fun witnessing the circus and meltdowns at United in the next few seasons. He's knows how to get more money from his employers though. Last time he was sacked (Chelseas) he got the full salary due to not being able to finish the duration of his contract. I believe it will happen again at United.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Wasn't threatened much, but had a great debut nonetheless.

That CB depth for France.

Umtiti, Varane, Laporte.

All three U25. Then they have someone like Upamecano coming through too.

None of these three CBs with any particular weaknesses standing out, nor are any slow. Won't get it at Barca now, but perhaps Deschamps will cut the crap and give me that Umtiti - Laporte duo for France.

Last edited:

Sorin

Varane's all athleticism. His defensive nous is not at the level of the others. He makes up what he lacks in defensive discipline by running faster or outjumping the others.

DonAK

I think you're selling Varane a bit short even if he definitely uses that part of his game to get an advantage over his opponents.

I'd put a bet on Laporte becoming the best CB in the PL within the next two seasons. He's that good and talented. Bullied Rondon yesterday like he was featherweight.

He's been pretty good for City thus far. I always like him since his break through at Bilbao, I'm a little surprised Us, and both Madrid sides just let him slide away like that.

xXKonan

He's been pretty good for City thus far. I always like him since his break through at Bilbao, I'm a little surprised Us, and both Madrid sides just let him slide away like that.
His release clause scared a lot of teams away from trying to get him considering it was around 65 Million euros. I mean before the Stones,VVD etc stuff happened those fees were reserved for the likes of attackers. :lol:

DonAK

Been the second best defender in the Premier League this season behind van Dijk.

Apparently one of the reasons Deschamps won't call him up is because Griezmann doesn't like him or get along with him at all because he's a bit arrogant.

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Been the second best defender in the Premier League this season behind van Dijk.

Apparently one of the reasons Deschamps won't call him up is because Griezmann doesn't like him or get along with him at all because he's a bit arrogant.

Irony 101 : (If its true ofc)

DonAK

Irony 101 : (If its true ofc)

According to l'Equipe at least.

Good read about his impact to Man City: https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...hn-stones-pep-guardiola-defence-a8653326.html

I'm not always right, although I probably got a 90% hit ratio :coffee: joking obviously(or maybe not)

I remember when people argued he was mediocre and I told them he would become a World Class defender in the future. Always liked this guy so perhaps a bit biased, but he will definitely be a top 5 CB, if not top 3 in the World for years to come.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Weird how he once was considered a huge talent, and after renewing with Athletic he kind of stagnated and people thought he was going to be stuck there forever.

And now at City he's blossomed into a great centre back. City should be set with Laporte - Stones for a couple of years.

His former coach Pierre Mankowski:

“He does not engage with the group. He is a loner.
“When he communicates, it may seem awkward, because he has a great perception of his value and he shows it. In the end, he’s a good pro who has trouble integrating into the group.”

What’s more, reports claim sources close to the Man City dressing have said Laporte can be “aloof” and “arrogant” at times, despite the fact he has made friends at his new club.

Home of Barca Fans