Aymeric Laporte

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Well, "the market", in our case consists of "scouting" CBs from the richest clubs in the PL. I am sure the market has plenty of options for us if we want to look a little deeper than CBs playing for Chelsea, City etc... After all, none of the CBs currently playing for the best teams in the world were bought from other rich clubs like we seem obsessed with doing.

I'd rather do that, but as I said we neither have the time nor the resources. We can't go searching into the Austrian 2nd division to find some wonder-CB that meets all our needs. We don't have a healthy enough squad to leisurely search every corner of the globe, and our transfer system is weak as it is (We're no Dortmund or Porto).

I've often advocated for finding options that won't be too costly but I don't think this is the time to adopt that attitude. We should maintain our scope for big to midtable clubs and players that have some known quality and reputation. We're too desperate to be only accepting players as good as T. Silva but you know what I mean, there's a certain profile that our situation allows for. Decent quality, decent reputation, decent potential. We can't get much pickier than that.

In Laporte, we'd be getting a long term upside as he's even with guys like Marquinhos and Varane for potential. Can't complain too much about a player that mature for this age and with that much payoff despite being in as horrid a situation as we are.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I'm glad no one here is responsible for our transfers.
The Laporte rumor is out and two minutes later you guys have already sold Alba and Adriano, Bartra is the new rb and Mathieu is in the line up. C'mon guys.

L

Learo

I think you're confused. Benatia plays for Roma and is 27 years old.

Yeah, I meant Roma. So they bought him a year ago for only 13.5m at the age of 26. Suddenly we should go for him just after he had a good season with his new club and offer a gazillion euros. Doesnt make sense. We could have bought him a year ago. Its not like he has suddenly transformed into a super player at the age of 27.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Yeah, I meant Roma. So they bought him a year ago for only 13.5m at the age of 26. Suddenly we should go for him just after he had a good season with his new club and offer a gazillion euros. Doesnt make sense. We could have bought him a year ago. Its not like he has suddenly transformed into a super player at the age of 27.

We actually were linked to him when he was at Udinese. Nothing materialized from the rumors.

Buy him only if we buy another experianced CB.

I think it should be fine if we keep Masche.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Ryancule, how reliable are the bilbao newspaper and Deportes?

Reliable enough, they don't spout utter bullcrap like Sport and Marca. Even if what they don't know full information, they know the gist of things and how transfer dealings are working out rather than imagining stuff just to make headlines.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Well, we thought Thiago Silva gave us some signals, signals that he wanted to come, signals which told them to come and get him.

I guess those signals meant one thing: Get lost.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I'm glad no one here is responsible for our transfers.
The Laporte rumor is out and two minutes later you guys have already sold Alba and Adriano, Bartra is the new rb and Mathieu is in the line up. C'mon guys.

But, but, but...FIFA Manager. :(

Of course, I'm guilty for saying Bartra should be starting Rb. But hey speculation is speculation.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
No need to buy 2 centre backs. Bartra has already proven that he's good enough.

Exactly. All we have to do is use Masche as emergency cb and besides we have upcoming talent in the youth teams: Tarin, Quintilla, Ie, Bagnack, etc.

Home of Barca Fans