Alba out for 10 days

Irish_Cules

There is no "according to barcastuf".
That's just a guy, unrelated in any way to official Barca sources, translating from Spanish press or simply copy pasting from other sources, and often from completely worthless sources like dailystar, sun or similar.
It's a fun twitter account but not to be taken seriously or as a source.

Graham Hunter is reporting it as well though.

Graham Hunter ‏@BumperGraham 3h
#Alba thigh injury slightly less problematic than appeared. 7-10 days. Potentially available for 2nd leg v Psg

EDIT: I now realise you are just addressing the term "according to Barcastuff" and not the news itself.

Last edited:

Garrus

In the end we all eventually get the news from Spanish press and 'other' sources, Barcastat does that for us and saves us time, If anything we should do, Is thanking him and showing him our gratitude, For devoting this much of his free time.

E

El Messiah 10

If there are 7-10 days I think he could be available for the 1st leg against PSG.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
In the end we all eventually get the news from Spanish press and 'other' sources, Barcastat does that for us and saves us time, If anything we should do, Is thanking him and showing him our gratitude, For devoting this much of his free time.

You can be grateful and follow whoever you like. Personally, I don't need it as I read the press and official site.
And I didn't say the guy gathering and copy pasting stuff there isn't doing something useful. It's a nice fun twitter account.
He's no source for anything though, not a journalist nor affiliated to Barca.
So be aware when you read it that it's not official nor to be trusted in everything.

Back to topic. Edited the title of the thread. Was very happy when I saw the initial prognosis was incorrect. :)

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Okay, I can breathe again. I was starting to get pissed off saying things like "Why doesn't FIFA just hold WCQs the summer before the World Cup and completely scrap the Confederations Cup"... I am still saying that but I'm not as mad right now.

I get the feeling from the Sport article that Alba has a good chance of playing in the 1st Leg. Martin Montoya definitely needs to start against Celta @ LB to get ready just in case his number is called upon in Paris.

Stric

Well, even if he "fully recovers" from the injury by that time, it still doesn't necessarily mean he could pull off a 90 minute performance on the level he usually plays at.

I see it like this:

injured >>>(recovery)>>> recovered >>>(regaining fitness)>>> standard match level

i_bleed_blaugrana

Hopefully we get Alba back for the first leg but it's not the end of the world if we don't, no need to rush him back if he isn't 100% & match fit (there is a different between the two). If he isn't, we honestly could get away with just going with a back three and go out to kill the tie in the first leg. I think Masch-Puyol-Piqué could handle Lavezzi and/or Lucas especially since Ibra is suspended.

This is why I think we should start giving Abidal cameo roles when games are won. If he just comes on for 15-30 mins each game for 2-3 la Liga games, the staff could at least get a sense of what he is capable of. Worst case is we maybe drop 2 points, best case is Abidal rises up (which I think he is more than capable of) and we now have both a back-up LB/CB.

Good news that Alba's injury isn't as bad as we feared tho

Last edited:
Hopefully we get Alba back for the first leg but it's not the end of the world if we don't, no need to rush him back if he isn't 100% & match fit (there is a different between the two). If he isn't, we honestly could get away with just going with a back three and go out to kill the tie in the first leg. I think Masch-Puyol-Piqué could handle Lavezzi and/or Lucas especially since Ibra is suspended.

This is why I think we should start giving Abidal cameo roles when games are won. If he just comes on for 15-30 mins each game for 2-3 la Liga games, the staff could at least get a sense of what he is capable of. Worst case is we maybe drop 2 points, best case is Abidal rises up (which I think he is more than capable of) and we now have both a back-up LB/CB.

Good news that Alba's injury isn't as bad as we feared tho

Puyol's out as well

I can see a back 4 of Alves-Pique-Masch-Montoya working though.

Doobs

The Messiah
You can be grateful and follow whoever you like. Personally, I don't need it as I read the press and official site.
And I didn't say the guy gathering and copy pasting stuff there isn't doing something useful. It's a nice fun twitter account.
He's no source for anything though, not a journalist nor affiliated to Barca.
So be aware when you read it that it's not official nor to be trusted in everything.

Back to topic. Edited the title of the thread. Was very happy when I saw the initial prognosis was incorrect. :)

Barcastuff is usually spot on with injuries Bojan. Besides, this tweet was an official confirmation that he forwarded.

P

PhilS

Well, the back line is down to it's minimum staffing. No real subs at all. I just hope they go with Alves Masch Pique Montoya until Alba gets back. Maybe Song can play just a couple of easier Liga games at CB over the rest of the season.

Home of Barca Fans