End of La Liga as we Know it?

Beast

The Observer
Plenty of non-sense...

Giving money to poor managed club like the "historical " (lol ) deportivo won't solve a damn thing... when they changed 3-4 managers and the season isn't over yet

it has nothing to do with money but the bad management

Seville made a great team with little resources and made MILLIONS (we personally paid them close to 60 million for Ramos and Baptista alone .. u paid them 35 Mil + 5 variables for Alves etc ) where did the money go ? spent on duds and in the owner pocket
Betis back in the day (just 14 years ago ) had the most expensive player in the world in Denilson ...

Who made Valencia in debt with millions ?sorry not the stadium building it was the decision to build the stadium without selling first (they could have rented any stadia ) plus the millions thrown on half talented players until Llorente showed up and helped the club to make money and sell the stars and still made smart buys

So how many Llorente's there in la liga ? only Angel Lopez of Getafe & Espanyol (kinda off ) ... the rest all deserve to go down due to bad management

Going down helped Betis a lot.. and i will not let my club sponsor presidents who want the money to spend it on their yachts .. the rest are all gibberish

JamDav1982

Plenty of non-sense...

Giving money to poor managed club like the "historical " (lol ) deportivo won't solve a damn thing... when they changed 3-4 managers and the season isn't over yet

it has nothing to do with money but the bad management

Seville made a great team with little resources and made MILLIONS (we personally paid them close to 60 million for Ramos and Baptista alone .. u paid them 35 Mil + 5 variables for Alves etc ) where did the money go ? spent on duds and in the owner pocket
Betis back in the day (just 14 years ago ) had the most expensive player in the world in Denilson ...

Who made Valencia in debt with millions ?sorry not the stadium building it was the decision to build the stadium without selling first (they could have rented any stadia ) plus the millions thrown on half talented players until Llorente showed up and helped the club to make money and sell the stars and still made smart buys

So how many Llorente's there in la liga ? only Angel Lopez of Getafe & Espanyol (kinda off ) ... the rest all deserve to go down due to bad management

Going down helped Betis a lot.. and i will not let my club sponsor presidents who want the money to spend it on their yachts .. the rest are all gibberish

Plenty of teams across the big leagues have been poorly managed. The difference here is that being poorly managed has led many of them on the brink of vanishing.

Of course money matters hugely. Even teams that are well managed never sustain a good side.

Beast

The Observer
Plenty of teams across the big leagues have been poorly managed. The difference here is that being poorly managed has led many of them on the brink of vanishing.

Of course money matters hugely. Even teams that are well managed never sustain a good side.

Not even half as bad as the Spanish did...what was the name of this fat bastard before Llorente ? can't remember his name.. he was giving stupid managers like Koeman 15 Million Euro in compensation

no the money will not solve those clubs situation until they start to spend within their means...Seville made millions any small club can just dream of getting 1/4 off it and look what they did..i was just mentioning the demise of Monchi over at the other forum ..what part of this money went to improve Seville ? nothing it went to Del Nido and less money was put in the club and their resources that why Seville is half the club it was 8 -9 years ago

If you don't manage your resources when they are few how can you manage it when they are a lot ? you will still be in the same shit with bigger debt

You personally suffered from that under Gaspart , we suffered before Perez... and we still got the majority of the lion share in the TV deal ..
we managed to focus on marketing and allowed us to make more money even when we won jack shit.. u sold a lot and started to buy smartly ..

it's not about the money you will get it's about what u will do with it and at the moment any amount of money will not help the Deportivo's , Atletico's of la liga ... what money will do when Deportivo fans attendance are not enough.. what did Deportivo do with the money when they were flying high in the 90's early 2000's ? spend it like idiots and it will continue when u have the same set of fans .. look at Sociedad and how amazingly they did without money.. that's the key to fixing the liga not giving a bunch of egocentric maniacs more money

JamDav1982

Not even half as bad as the Spanish did...what was the name of this fat bastard before Llorente ? can't remember his name.. he was giving stupid managers like Koeman 15 Million Euro in compensation

no the money will not solve those clubs situation until they start to spend within their means...Seville made millions any small club can just dream of getting 1/4 off it and look what they did..i was just mentioning the demise of Monchi over at the other forum ..what part of this money went to improve Seville ? nothing it went to Del Nido and less money was put in the club and their resources that why Seville is half the club it was 8 -9 years ago

If you don't manage your resources when they are few how can you manage it when they are a lot ? you will still be in the same shit with bigger debt

You personally suffered from that under Gaspart , we suffered before Perez... and we still got the majority of the lion share in the TV deal ..
we managed to focus on marketing and allowed us to make more money even when we won jack shit.. u sold a lot and started to buy smartly ..

it's not about the money you will get it's about what u will do with it and at the moment any amount of money will not help the Deportivo's , Atletico's of la liga ... what money will do when Deportivo fans attendance are not enough.. what did Deportivo do with the money when they were flying high in the 90's early 2000's ? spend it like idiots and it will continue when u have the same set of fans .. look at Sociedad and how amazingly they did without money.. that's the key to fixing the liga not giving a bunch of egocentric maniacs more money

You point to these teams when they were 'flying high'. Well almost all of them were spending out with their means during these periods and paying the price for it now. The fact that they were able to challenge was only through doing this.

The likes of Atletico and Valencia have been very well managed these least 2/3 years. Just look at their net spends, the teams they put on the park all while paying back debt.

With the FFP and the new domestic version in Spain the reckless spending of the past cant happen anymore.

There are two options - teams are given more money to try and build a future for the league as a whole or it becomes a joke and pointless league with titles that are devalued.

Beast

The Observer
You seem to forget those same heads of clubs are still there...

you are half right about Atletico , i was just giving examples sure they have improved compared to before but a lot of that due to the main starter striker price (Torres-Aguero and next will be Falcao ) apart from that you see their fair share of wrong moves , if those stars weren't sold the situation would have been differently
And i'm praising Valencia i didn't say anything i said Llorente model should be followed but this 2-3 clubs plus Real & Barca out of 20..
Teams should earn that extra money... Seville & Villarreal (back in the day before they lost it all Seville style had the nice job of scouting for cheap talents buying them for 300 k 1 or 2 million and making a huge profit ...it's all about managing to do that Malaga is doing that (although forced since the owner is a big mouth ) but no one felt Cazorla departure because Isco who was bought for cheap and now they will make 20 Million of him

lowering the wages and finding means to lower the cost and building a proper relation with the fans.. Malaga for example can make a lot of money off selling their tickets to the British tourist who occupy Malaga for a long time every year..just make a sexy shirt and start selling season tickets for those tourists
Do the Asian trips etc because that xtra 10 or 15 mil will not solve u r problem

JamDav1982

You seem to forget those same heads of clubs are still there...

you are half right about Atletico , i was just giving examples sure they have improved compared to before but a lot of that due to the main starter striker price (Torres-Aguero and next will be Falcao ) apart from that you see their fair share of wrong moves , if those stars weren't sold the situation would have been differently
And i'm praising Valencia i didn't say anything i said Llorente model should be followed but this 2-3 clubs plus Real & Barca out of 20..
Teams should earn that extra money... Seville & Villarreal (back in the day before they lost it all Seville style had the nice job of scouting for cheap talents buying them for 300 k 1 or 2 million and making a huge profit ...it's all about managing to do that Malaga is doing that (although forced since the owner is a big mouth ) but no one felt Cazorla departure because Isco who was bought for cheap and now they will make 20 Million of him

lowering the wages and finding means to lower the cost and building a proper relation with the fans.. Malaga for example can make a lot of money off selling their tickets to the British tourist who occupy Malaga for a long time every year..just make a sexy shirt and start selling season tickets for those tourists
Do the Asian trips etc because that xtra 10 or 15 mil will not solve u r problem

I totally agree about the clubs being poorly managed in the past but look at Valencia they have gone from 4th and 10th place finshes and 550m odd in debt and turned that around to consecutive third place finishes clearing around 200m of that debt.

You give the example of Sociedad as a well managed club and there are others such as Getafe and Rayo Vallecano but the lack of money means they cant build a team, will lose their best players and at best being well managed will let them stay fairly healthy financially at a mid table level.

I disagree that teams in La Liga are now poorly managed. The teams that Sevilla, Valencia, Atletico, Vallecano, Sociedad, Betis are putting on the park on small budgets is impressive.

To not help these teams grow due to them being poorly run ten years ago is wrong.

Barcelona and Madrid were also poorly managed and spent too much on players. Its not pure good management that has turned this around. They have partly used the massive tv contracts as a platform to turn their situations around. It is extremely hypocryitical for Barca and Madrid to lecture fans on not getting more tv money as they were poorly run in the past.

Doobs

The Messiah
Of course clubs are being poorly managed financially, but the overall economic scene in Spain and Europe for the most part is raping everything.

spark

It was fat arse Juan Soler.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
The bottom line is that this is a football club and the entire establishment has to go because a generation is deprived of education/work/health care then so be it.

Fuck 'em. I'd rather teach 5 year olds and give 20 year olds some jobs, than see a football club.

Priorities aren't straight here and football clubs are living WAYYY too much on sentimental value.

Andrew M

I agree that the rights money is an over used excuse for the mess clubs are in. Valencia were so profligate with money it's crazy! I remember they bought Zigic for nearly 20 million euros!

If clubs like Depor do disappear I feel for the fans big time.

Raed, let's not get too alarmist; people are not starving because of football clubs....

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I agree that the rights money is an over used excuse for the mess clubs are in. Valencia were so profligate with money it's crazy! I remember they bought Zigic for nearly 20 million euros!

If clubs like Depor do disappear I feel for the fans big time.

Raed, let's not get too alarmist; people are not starving because of football clubs....

My only issue is the tax payer's money.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Why would healthy leagues such as EPL and Bundesliga agree to that just because Spain is in a mess?

EPL debt is as high as La Liga/Serie A debt, and the big English clubs might want to join an elite competition. Not so sure about BuLi.

Home of Barca Fans