Francesco Totti

xavisionary

40 today. (One of?) the last of football's true legends. A bridge in time to the days of Nedved, Zannetti, Zidane, Batistuta etc. And still such a brilliant footballer. Thanks for ever thing.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He will retire after the upcoming season.

Absolute legend

C-5_OkQXUAA_zSs.jpg:large

El Flaco

Monchi confirms that Francesco Totti will retire at the end of the season - “then he’ll start as a director”.

The 40-year-old is out of contract at the end of the season, meaning his final game will be on Sunday May 28 against Genoa at Stadio Olimpico.

“In terms of Totti, I already knew that there was an agreement with the club that this would be his final year as a player, then he’d start as a director,” Monchi announced in his presentation today.

“Francesco is Roma, I want to be as close to him as possible. I’d love to learn even one per cent of the huge amount that he knows.”

Daniele De Rossi is also out of contract at the end of the season, but Monchi is confident the Giallorossi's other stalwart will remain.

"The desires and the interests of the two parties are reciprocal, we want to continue together and we'd have to be particularly clumsy to not find an agreement.

"He's a fantastic lad and we'll try to achieve this objective."

http://www.football-italia.net/102031/monchi-’it’s-totti’s-final-year’

Total-Football

one of those who can turn you into a believer .. an absolute artist of a player and was a joy to Watch in his prime. I hope they make his last ever appearance in the olympico memorable.

El Flaco

It's official; Totti's last game for Roma will be on this weekend against Genoa

[tw]867701828938551297[/tw]

Hardy

[youtube]_t2GLwP1Wrs[/youtube]

I watched this live and i almost cried.

18768413_1742975225729674_7561778459107144345_o.jpg

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Another one of old legends retires. And I remember him when he was a youngster.

God, I feel old. :wheelchair:

Total-Football

Great Farewell to a player that i consider to be on the same level as Zidane. He gave a lot to football and i think, fortunately, football has given him back.

One can never forget his signature powerful, yet somewhat elegant strike to the ball. his signature Wheel pass. His voleys and everything else.. He did those in his way, which resembled no one else's. Few of his characteristics vanished throughout the years (he was an excellent dribbler and had good speed ), the younger fans did not see the perfect attacking player that he once was, but they saw enough to know of what calibre he was.

Giginho75

one of the greatest players of italian football everytime...

in time order: valentino mazzola, rivera, baggio and totti

Temptation

Home of Barca Fans