Aymen Abdennour

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
He is not good enough. Would be a bust.

Abdennour is fast but would get exposed in our high line due to his rather weak positioning and I think he is not really good with the ball. I hope these are some stupid rumours out of nowhere.

xXKonan

Going by that "L'Equipe" Article he's only worth 10 million Euros. While talks have been Denied today, Barca have been watching him for a bit now (Going by various rumors I've read a while back) I think if this transfer ever happens it's probably a Mathieu and Masche replacement.

King5Puyi

This guy was a legend on Fifa 13/14. Showed some of it last season. But if we buy him, i'd say Bartra leaves next.

Xavinho

“I’m ready to play for Barca. I’m a very competitive footballer and I think I have what it takes to succeed.

“I’ll only leave Monaco to play in the Champions League. My president [Dmitry Rybolovlev] told me that he’d only let me leave if I went to a big club. If the team that wants me isn’t a big club, I’m not moving from here.”

“I’d like to go to a big club and Barcelona are just that. I’d like to play for the best club in the world, Barcelona, but it’s not my decision, it’s Monaco’s.”

“I don’t know if Barca or anyone else has called my president. I hope they reach an agreement. I want to go to Barcelona but it’s the president who decides.

“I have no problem waiting until January to play. If both clubs reach an agreement, I would gladly accept it.

“They should speak and find a solution that will be beneficial for everyone.

“Messi, Neymar, Alves, Iniesta, Luis Suarez…They’re all fantastic footballers, they’re extraordinary.”

-Sport

Well, he seems keen to push through a move.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Wants to play here, great.

It's getting a bit ridiculous... this whole Barca - Abdennour saga. We already have Mathieu and Vermaelen (as a left footed CB) and I'm not saying they're better than him, but atleast they can play right now.

serghei

If we are interested in Abdennour, then probably Lucho is not happy with Bartra. Mathieu will probably be moved to the LB position, which leaves us Vermaelen and Bartra as the CB subs for Piquerano partnership, who will 99% be continuing as our starting CBs. Also, Mascherano, Mathieu, Vermaelen, all are close to or over 30 years old (2/3 are over). We need that (relatively) young CB that could be similar in value to Varane or Marquinhos. Bartra, let's be honest, hasn't blown anyone away, maybe he's reached his maximum level, his plateau, and I must say it's not exactly Barca quality what he's shown so far. Nothing to recommend him as a possible starter in the near future anyway.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Only 25 (Turns 26 in a week) 6'2 and well Built. Might not be a Bad Option to have tbh. I wonder if we did get him he would be Alba's Back up and a LCB, He's pretty fast but I don't think he ever played LB much or at all.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Maybe the plan is to move Mathieu to LB permanently or maybe sell Vermaelen in January otherwise having 6 CBs is too much.

Home of Barca Fans