Forum configuration problem???

kresearch

Hi Bojan, all,

I have been around here for close to 3 years now. The system still shows me as "New signing" and counts only 21 posts from me. I am sure I have done more than this. I am not sure what the policies are but this time seems long enough to consider a user "regular". I suspect you would want to adjust this in case it's a computer system issue.

Also, the log-in timeout seems to be 2-3 minutes. The forum's system logs me out in the middle of writing a reply. What would be the reason to go so stingy on the user session? We don't store credit card information or anything too sensitive. Just our opinions which are also frequently worthless. If it depended on me, I would allow users to log in for a day, but anyway how about increase this timeout to 15min?

Thank you,

F

Flavia

Hi Bojan, all,

I have been around here for close to 3 years now. The system still shows me as "New signing" and counts only 21 posts from me. I am sure I have done more than this. I am not sure what the policies are but this time seems long enough to consider a user "regular". I suspect you would want to adjust this in case it's a computer system issue.

Also, the log-in timeout seems to be 2-3 minutes. The forum's system logs me out in the middle of writing a reply. What would be the reason to go so stingy on the user session? We don't store credit card information or anything too sensitive. Just our opinions which are also frequently worthless. If it depended on me, I would allow users to log in for a day, but anyway how about increase this timeout to 15min?

Thank you,

Which browser do you use? I'm never logged out. try logging out and loggin in with the "remember me" option on.
About the new signing, it's probably due to the number of posts you have. The match threads are deleted every season.

XaviMessiGirl

Yep, occasionally we delete old dead threads so if you had posted in those threads, they are gone. And yes the way to keep yourself logged in at all times, is to check the box "remember me" when you log in, however only do this if you don't share your computer with others.

Home of Barca Fans