7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Yannik

He has changed his role and he has spoken about it himself.

Better now then ever been in that role in my opinion.

He slightly changed his role dependend on the teams needs, sure but always within midfield. He has always been a midfielder, even when he was used on the wings foir Bremen he was a hybrid at minimum. It's the same with Coutinho.. Both were always somewhat playmakers, the position they played on just changed the way they created chances.

JamDav1982

He slightly changed his role dependend on the teams needs, sure but always within midfield. He has always been a midfielder, even when he was used on the wings foir Bremen he was a hybrid at minimum. It's the same with Coutinho.. Both were always somewhat playmakers, the position they played on just changed the way they created chances.

No he is playing much deeper than in past where was more often an AM or wide player.

His role has totally changed and he has improved as a player for me.

Pep started it a bit last season and KDB has mastered it this season.

Last edited:

Yannik

No he is playing much deeper than in past where was more often an AM or wide player.

His role has totally changed and he has improved as a player for me.

Pep started it a bit last season and KDB has mastered it this season.

He is playing CM with offensive duties asopposed to AM. Yes, tt's a change, yet not even remotely as drastically as you want to make it sound like by claiming he wasn't actually a real midfielder, let alone not world class before. His role is determined by the coach he plays for, not by him. If he wasn't used in a deeper role before then that doesn't mean he wasn't capable of doing so, but it means that the coach simply thought the squad needed his abilities more on another position. Over the past 5 years KDB was always a terrific players in almost all positions used, just as Coutinho was.

JamDav1982

He is playing CM with offensive duties asopposed to AM. Yes, tt's a change, yet not even remotely as drastically as you want to make it sound like by claiming he wasn't actually a real midfielder, let alone not world class before. His role is determined by the coach he plays for, not by him. If he wasn't used in a deeper role before then that doesn't mean he wasn't capable of doing so, but it means that the coach simply thought the squad needed his abilities more on another position. Over the past 5 years KDB was always a terrific players in almost all positions used, just as Coutinho was.

He is playing much deeper and has spoken about it himself. Different role which is excelling in.

Better than ever for me.

Yannik

He is playing much deeper and has spoken about it himself. Different role which is excelling in.

Better than ever for me.

I can only repeat my previous comment as the response to that. Longetivity is not an argument to pick Coutinho over KDB or vice versa. They are at it for the same periods. The reason why you would assume KDB is some new kid on the block who just had a breakthrough with a new role is because you probably haven't really followed Wolfsburg or Bremen whereas Coutinho is longer in the league you watch.

JamDav1982

I can only repeat my previous comment as the response to that. Longetivity is not an argument to pick Coutinho over KDB or vice versa. They are at it for the same periods. The reason why you would assume KDB is some new kid on the block who just had a breakthrough with a new role is because you probably haven't really followed Wolfsburg or Bremen whereas Coutinho is longer in the league you watch.

For me longevity is relevant as KDB playing this role is one of best midfielders in the world and as good as he was in past wasnt at this level or playing this role.

Seen plenty of him through the years and formed opinion. Nothing to do with him in Germany. That is irrelevant as are most the points you are trying to make.

Dont think you watch enough of either this season to be able to form an opinion.

Adversus

For me longevity is relevant as KDB playing this role is one of best midfielders in the world and as good as he was in past wasnt at this level or playing this role.

Seen plenty of him through the years and formed opinion. Nothing to do with him in Germany. That is irrelevant as are most the points you are trying to make.

Dont think you watch enough of either this season to be able to form an opinion.
I can't say I watches a lot of Wolf's burg but he was awesome when they played us in the Europa and that was 3 years ago. I was surprised Jose let him go. Just think, Chelsea could have had Hazard and KDB.

Yannik

Okay, sorry but with all due respect JamDav, but the longetivity aspect is not a sufficient argument. Not even remotely, regardless how much you are trying to save it. The logical error you do is claim that - because to you he is now a bit better than before - he wasn't actually even existent as a worldclass player pre-Pep or that his time in Germany is irrelevant because his role slightly changed by playing a bit deeper.

KDB is one of the best midfielders in the world, and he was that before Pep and still is with him. Pretending he wasn't up there or on the level of Coutinho before is plain ignorance. He won the bloody POTY in Germany, for christ sake. What did he play? Midfielder. And you're telling me that's irrelevant and he doesn't have longetivity in midfield because that role was a bit more up the pitch? This is such a terrible argument, you can't possibly not realize that for yourself. "Seen plenty of him through the years" is usually code for "I saw that Europa League game vs Everton". I'm not buying for a second you watched Wolfsburg games.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Okay, sorry but with all due respect, JamDav but the longetivity aspect is not a sufficient argument, regardless how much you are trying to save it. The logical error you do is claim that - because to you he is now a bit better than before - he wasn't actually even existent as a worldclass player pre-Pep or that his time in Germany is irrelevant because his role slightly changed by playing a bit deeper.

KDB is one of the best midfielders in the world, and he was that before Pep and still is with him. Pretending he wasn't up there or on the level of Coutinho before is plain ignorance. He won the bloody POTY in Germany, for christ sake. What did he play? Midfielder. And you're telling me that's irrelevant and he doesn't have longetivity in midfield because that role was a bit more up the pitch? This is such a terrible argument, you can't possibly not realize that for yourself. "Seen plenty of him through the years" is usually code for "I saw that Europa League game vs Everton".

I disgaree and think longevity in current position is relevant to form my opinion. You can use any rationale you like.

No logical errors here. For me this is the best ever seen him.

Again the rest of what you are saying is just strawman or clean made up.

Yip telling you him being player of year in Germany is irrelevant to level I think he is now at in this role at City.

Dont think youve seen enough of him in EPL to know what you are speaking about.

Home of Barca Fans