7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

M

MessiCam

Our current squad is shit, but Semedo, Umtiti, Alba and Pique when he gets his head out of his ass are far superior to almost any team. Messi and Suarez might be aging/underperforming but they still outdo Liverpools attack by far. Busi is above any DM in the world. Liverpool might have better AMs, but thats it.

Who? Coutinho as brilliant as he is, is no Iniesta. He does offer some other things though... But I'd take even Rakitic and Gomes over Wijnaldum, Can, Milner, Lallana etc...

M

MessiCam

Rumours abound that Liverpool want €150 Million for him and that PSG are now also in for him.

I say PSG can have him for that sort of money.

FCBfan22

Rumours abound that Liverpool want €150 Million for him and that PSG are now also in for him.

I say PSG can have him for that sort of money.

I really hope that they splash at least 120 million for him, because if they do, there is no way that they won't get banned by UEFA after this and Mbappe purchase.

Thinking of that, I think that if they buy Coutinho for that price in January, they could have to return Mbappe to Monaco without buying him.

FCBfan22

Don't really believe we need to discuss the possibility of them not exercising that option.

I know, I know. There is almost no chance that P$G signs Coutinho. But if they do (not likely and not under 100m) and do it January, I believe that could be an option. An amazingly stupid one.

But yes, they will sign Mbappe and they won't sign Coutinho.

M

MessiCam

AFAIK Mbappe's loan deal has only a option to buy him. There is no obligatory clause.

I don’t believe this to be the case. Monaco were insistent on it being obligatory because they didn’t want to get short changed. Would be pretty stupid of them if they didn’t to be honest... What if he got a major injury?

The reason the paperwork took so long was because they needed the wording for said obligation to be perfect as to not fall foul of the FFP.

khaled_a_d

AFAIK Mbappe's loan deal has only a option to buy him. There is no obligatory clause.

It is obligatory, Monaco insisted on that since his contract ends in 2019. They didn't want him to come back with one year left and say: Hi,sell me for less or I will walk out for free

cro-man

Coutinho could end up at psg and uefa wont and cant do anything. Uefa already threatend them because of mbappe and they did buy him anyway. As long as uefa doesnt change the current ffp rules psg and co. can ignore them as they please.... I mean officialy they didnt buy anyone neymar as a free agent and the loaned mbappe. Even if uefa punishes them psg could win this case at the court because ffp rules on paper are weak.....

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Coutinho could end up at psg and uefa wont and cant do anything. Uefa already threatend them because of mbappe and they did buy him anyway. As long as uefa doesnt change the current ffp rules psg and co. can ignore them as they please.... I mean officialy they didnt buy anyone neymar as a free agent and the loaned mbappe. Even if uefa punishes them psg could win this case at the court because ffp rules on paper are weak.....

PSG haven't bought Mbappe yet. Them signing Neymar for so much is the reason they did this loan deal for Mbappe.

Coutinho got no buyout so no way for them sign him like with Neymar. And since they're wary of not overdoing it, they won't be able to make any big name transfer next summer except for Alexis on a free transfer.

Home of Barca Fans