7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

gasgas

No way this would work since neither of the front 4 (Coutinho, Messi, Ney and Coutinho) plays defense. As I said before I love Coutinho and Bernardo Silva but in modern football you just can't have 4 players who are playing in just one direction.

If we buy Coutinho or Bernardo all of MSN need to change their habits and start to press again. Only than this could maybe work.

Pressing was the reason we were so dominant during Pep era but we lost it in recent times. We need to bring this back ASAP. During that time Pedro was important factor and today we do not have player like that in our team.

Well personally I don't want them here for the same reason

But everyone else wants them so I was trying to see how they'd fit

Raketa10

Well personally I don't want them here for the same reason

But everyone else wants them so I was trying to see how they'd fit

As I said maybe it could work but only if we go back to the pressing we had under Pep. Problem is I am not sure if we are capable for that anymore. It would be great if that would be possible though...

Maybe if we had midfield Busi-Verratti-Coutinho/Bernardo but that won't happen. For pressing we need perfect colaboration beetween midfield and attack and we haven't seen than here fore some time now.

This is something I miss the most. :( We were never strong defensively but high pressing made the difference. In those times when we lost the ball we took it back immediately.

Last edited:

El Flaco

[tw]861716719848615937[/tw]

Barcelona has a verbal agreement with Coutinho to join the club. Negotiations with Liverpool would start at €90m

JamDav1982

Coutinho would be a great signing in my opinion and 90m euros is the going rate for a player like him these days.

Can play out wide, as an attacking mid or a bit deeper and would offer more creativity out with MSN. All that frees up Messi as well.

Jombi

Crazy money. You could spend that in far better ways.

Thats not crazy money. Its likely to be much higher. Liverpool has almost the same amount of revenue as Chelsea. They can demand basically whatever they want.

Real Madrid signed 16 year old Vicinius for 60m euros according to reports.

People cant expect that prices stay the same as the did 5 or 10 or 15 years ago. It doesnt work like that.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That's the situation our board and management have put us in.

Remember when we talked about having to pay insane sums if we didn't plan for the future by making the right moves and made the most out of the opportunities in the market?

Yup, we're here now. One of the priorities being a midfielder, and 70-90m will get you that, worst of all is that it won't even be for the likes of Verratti.

We're very, very lucky to have Messi, Iniesta and Busquets. Our Golden Trio who have covered all our flaws. Pique too. All but one already 30 or over.

Remember we passed on Kroos for 25-30m. Sure we had Iniesta, Xavi in his last year and signed Rakitic, but is it a sin for us to have more quality players and better depth when other teams have the same?

Even now, the best thing to do would be to not have any high hopes. If anything then just wish our next coach can make us play better even with our ageing core and most likely more stupid signings incoming. Perhaps someone like Valverde would actually give a chance to Alena, Carbonell instead of letting them leave like Grimaldo because he wasn't deemed better than Adriano who was injured all the time.

Last edited:

Zebulun

90 million? Just madness.

You could pry those Monaco midfielders for much less than that.

mbappe was listed at 112M, Pogba was 105M, we just live in the era of crazy money. when you consider those fees 90 isnt so bad considering his quality.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
When a player has a contract until 2022, you're already in an unfavourable position negotiation-wise.

You got to pay the price. Coutinho renewed his contract very recently. If we really want to sign him, if these rumours really are true, then perhaps they should have contacted his entourage a couple of months back so they could get that fee down to a better level for us.

I wouldn't be surprised if we do sign him though. A midfielder is a priority and they are going to sign an established player rather than someone like Gomes again.

Anyone like that available? Nope. Only Coutinho. Bernardo Silva might be a better option, but hey, not high profile enough. Not a statement signing after fucking up repeatedly.

People might not know, but this board even managed to fuck up the basket team which is supposed to be Bartomeu's level of expertise.

Incompetent.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans