7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

serghei

Is Ozil in his last year of contract at Arsenal? If so, we should sign him, even if he's 29. Could only add more to our midfield. We need technical players who can pass, and even if he's not even remotely young, he'd come at a low cost probably.

Mitchell1978

Is Ozil in his last year of contract at Arsenal? If so, we should sign him, even if he's 29. Could only add more to our midfield. We need technical players who can pass, and even if he's not even remotely young, he'd come at a low cost probably.

Yes Ozil is in his last contract year and apparently has no intention in resigning. Not a fan of the guy but he has creativity, can pass.

Zincubus

Banned

Rumours abound today suggesting we've agreed terms to sign Ozil on January for £20 million .. could be utter bo**ox though

Devils

If we sign Ozil, I very much doubt we would target Coutinho as well. I think the Ozil signing in January will mean Griezmann will be the target in the summer and likely the only summer signing.

CatalinR10

If we sign Ozil, I very much doubt we would target Coutinho as well. I think the Ozil signing in January will mean Griezmann will be the target in the summer and likely the only summer signing.

It's not like we are spending half the money from Coutinho transfer on Ozil. We would spend 20 mil , that's peanuts. We can also sell Gomes and get the money back.

Raketa10

He would’t add shit. He would just steal one more spot in the squad. That spot has to go to Alena next year and not 29 years old choker who demands huge salary! Long term planning is far more important than six months in CL.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

He would’t add shit. He would just steal one more spot in the squad. That spot has to go to Alena next year and not 29 years old choker who demands huge salary!

Doesnt work like that in leaving a space open.

Regardless if it is Ozil or someone else Barca should be aiming for strongest first team squad possible that likes of Alena prove they are good enough to be in.

Raketa10

Doesnt work like that in leaving a space open.

Regardless if it is Ozil or someone else Barca should be aiming for strongest first team squad possible that likes of Alena prove they are good enough to be in.

I agree with you that we should be aiming for strongest first team squad but we won’t achieve that with 29 years old declining player. That’s just bad short term planing.

We should try to go for Coutinho or Griezmann or some other world class player and if that’s not possible than try to sign youg talented player and not declining player like Ozil.

We should also go for Di Maria so we can have all of Real Madrid disposed garbage.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I agree with you that we should be aiming for strongest first team squad but we won’t achieve that with 29 years old declining player. That’s just bad short term planing.

Ozil for 20m is not too bad really but it isnt an answer either.

Barca do lack creativity just now a bit.

Raketa10

Ozil for 20m is not too bad really but it isnt an answer either.

Barca do lack creativity just now a bit.

It’s not just 20 mil, his sallary would be huge for sure, and we would sign him for sure for next 3,5 years that’s until his 33 birthday! We need younger squad! We really don’t need one more 29y old player.

Last edited:

Givenchy

It’s not just 20 mil, his sallary would be huge for sure, and we would sign him for sure for next 3,5 years that’s until his 33 birthday! We need younger squad! We really don’t need one more 29y old player.

this. we won't be able to shift him either so he'll be sitting on a fat wage

gasgas

No thanks
Too old
Too lazy
Too costly (in terms of wages)
Has declined since his golden days in madrid, so the trend is downward

Home of Barca Fans