7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

JamDav1982

ozil had more assists than xavi and iniesta combined in a few seasons. yet ozil is nowhere near the player either were. modric is the best midfielder in the world.

Modric is class and has been across past few years up there as probably the best.

For me he isnt at this moment the best. Likes of KDB, Cout have got better and Modric is not quite the player he was. Still great player.

Agree woudlnt focus on goals/assists though.

Yannik

I disgaree and think longevity in current position is relevant to form my opinion. You can use any rationale you like.

No logical errors here. For me this is the best ever seen him.

Again the rest of what you are saying is just strawman or clean made up.

Yip telling you him being player of year in Germany is irrelevant to level I think he is now at in this role at City.

Dont think youve seen enough of him in EPL to know what you are speaking about.

I did. Me following PL is not as unlikely as you having watched Wolfsburg. I know how most PL fans view other leagues. His role changed form AM to CM who still operates offensively both as a playmaker. Not from Striker to Rightback. Your OP said best midfielder in the world. KDB was always a midfielder, his entire career has played in midfield. In differently advanced positions up the pitch yes, but as a midfielder. And he was worldclass. Being better than before, doesn't mean that "before" was not worldclass already and that counts as longetivity. Every player changes his role from time to time, Neymar just did this season at PSG. His time at barca still counts to his longetivity.

JamDav1982

I did. Me following PL is not as unlikely as you having watched Wolfsburg. I know how most PL fans view other leagues. His role changed form AM to CM who still operates offensively both as a playmaker. Not from Striker to Rightback. Your OP said best midfielder in the world. KDB was always a midfielder, his entire career has played in midfield. In differently advanced positions up the pitch yes, but as a midfielder. And he was worldclass. Being better than before, doesn't mean that "before" was not worldclass already.

I watched him at Wolfsburg enough to form an opinion of him.

His role at City has gone from wide player/AM or second striker to DM or CM at time to others being box to box. You need to watch more closely.

Better than hes ever been and in new role he has mastered this season as an all round midfielder that never been before.

gregorrin10

He is probably the most perfect player style-wise we could end up with when replacing Iniesta, but if he is worth 150M is another matter.

Yannik

I watched him at Wolfsburg enough to form an opinion of him.

His role at City has gone from wide player/AM or second striker to DM or CM at time to others being box to box. You need to watch more closely.

Better than hes ever been and in new role he has mastered this season as an all round midfielder that never been before.

"Second Striker." okay then..

First of all: AM, wide player or DM aren't roles, they are positions. A position does not determine the role a player takes on the field, it just assists it in it's goal.
Secondly I 'll start by quoting our early posts again

Best midfielder in the world and consistently so.

Kevin De Bruyne :coffee:

Close but Coutinho better for me over a longer time.

Why over a longer time? De Bruyne is worldclass since 2012 already.

In midfield.

"Midfielder" is a broad term that includes all positions in midfield and as that also AM. So when you speak about longetivity in midfield, Kevin De Bruyne's service as an Attacking Midfielder who won the BuLi POTY are indeed to be included. If you wanted to say Coutinho is the best holding mid/box to box mid/(deep lying) playmaker, then that's what you should have done in order to make a point because Midfielder isn't only including that one specific role you have in your mind. If you would like to think Coutinho is the best XYZ then go for it, I will probably disagree, but I wouldn't argue with your subjective taste. What I'm arguing here with is the false reasoning you gave for it.

Now look JamDav, I know from your endless discussions with Juvens already, that you would rather jerk off a mountain lion with a fistful of glass in a phone booth, than to ever back off from any of the claims you wrote into the internet, or at least admit that you just might have phrased them poorly. This discussion might just last forever I wouldn't end it, so I'm gonna stop it right here because I've said what I needed to and everything further is just the tiring process recycling of old arguments. Both players are terrific midfielders, and they have always been exactly that in the past few years.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

"Second Striker." okay then..

First of all: AM, wide player or DM aren't roles, they are positions. A position does not determine the role a player takes on the field, it just assists it in it's goal.
Secondly I 'll start by quoting our early posts again

"Midfielder" is a broad term that includes all positions in midfield and as that also AM. So when you speak about longetivity in midfield, Kevin De Bruyne's service as an Attacking Midfielder who won the BuLi POTY are indeed to be included. If you wanted to say Coutinho is the best holding mid/box to box mid/(deep lying) playmaker, then that's what you should have done in order to make a point because Midfielder isn't only including that one specific role you have in your mind. If you would like to think Coutinho is the best XYZ then go for it, I will probably disagree, but I wouldn't argue with your subjective taste. What I'm arguing here with is the false reasoning you gave for it.

Now look JamDav, I know from your endless discussions with Juvens already, that you would rather jerk off a mountain lion with a fistful of glass in a phone booth, than to ever back off from any of the claims you wrote into the internet, or at least admit that you just might have phrased them poorly. This discussion might just last forever I wouldn't end it, so I'm gonna stop it right here because I've said what I needed to and everything further is just the tiring process recycling of old arguments. Both players are terrific midfielders, and they have always been exactly that in the past few years.

Well clearly I disagree and think he is now playing as a midfielder when never really was in past in same way.

Not even read that post to be honest. Be same crap again I assume.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Doesn't even celebrate these days.

And Kevin De Bruyne is the better midfielder, he's the best midfielder in the World.

You can apply the same logic to Coutinho too as he's played on the wing and as an AM or wider last few years, but expecting someone who probably wanks over reading his own posts to consider that argument is a bit of a stretch :benitez:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Can he join in January? Also is it coutinho or griezmann or is it possible to get both?

Find it funny how Liverpool made such a big deal of keeping coutinho and acting like they're a big club again, only to be shite and have to sell him anyway

Givenchy

Can he join in January? Also is it coutinho or griezmann or is it possible to get both?

Find it funny how Liverpool made such a big deal of keeping coutinho and acting like they're a big club again, only to be shite and have to sell him anyway

i think both are possible as long as we sell Gomes, Rakitic etc. we still have some of the Neymar money left which should cover most of the Griezmann fee

I don't think Liverpool fans will be that pissed anymore with Salah on fire, if they can get 2 decent CB's they'd be alot better off

Home of Barca Fans