7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Tiny Kim

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/V3y3QoFnqZc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The only reason suarez stayed with you, Is because steven gerrard convinced him that he was too good for arsenal, And he should..wait for it....wait for it.......Go to barca or RM :lol:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpools-gerrard-told-luis-suarez-3936781

That was not my point. My point was that Suarez, at the time, was willing to fight to get out of the club, going as far as taking the club to court. That's how committed he was. But he never said anything about never wearing the Liverpool jersey again ever.

Coutinho is saying he's prepared to be dropped for as long as it takes to get out of the club. I'm just suggesting testing those words for the remainder of his contract. Then he can happily join Barca without anyone to stop him. What's your problem?

blaugrana1987

That was not my point. My point was that Suarez, at the time, was willing to fight to get out of the club, going as far as taking the club to court. That's how committed he was. But he never said anything about never wearing the Liverpool jersey again ever.

Coutinho is saying he's prepared to be dropped for as long as it takes to get out of the club. I'm just suggesting testing those words for the remainder of his contract. Then he can happily join Barca without anyone to stop him. What's your problem?
Because he knows this is his only chance to go to Barcelona. In comparison with Suarez who wanted to go to Arsenal and Steven convinced him to wait for Barca or Real, for Coutinho is now or never.

Tiny Kim

Suarez was totally different. He had Arsenal after him not Barca and Gerrard persuaded him to wait a year and see if Barca or Real came in rather than a sideways step to Arsenal.

Has Barca been in for Suarez at that point would bet anything he would have done what Coutinho is doing to get a move.

And if that had happened, I would have suggested the same thing I do now. What's your point?

Tiny Kim

Because he knows this is his only chance to go to Barcelona. In comparison with Suarez who wanted to go to Arsenal and Steven convinced him to wait for Barca or Real, for Coutinho is now or never.

It was more than just Gerrard. The move was blocked 100% by the owners. And the court rulings threw out the supposed "release clause". He had two options - play ball or rot in the reserves.

BTW, he had to resort to biting Chiellini to force Liverpool to sell him for less than they wanted.

Tiny Kim

PSG is not bigger club then Barcelona.

Other then that the moment he started acting like a jerk I wanted him to GTFO of the club like most other supporters here did.

So? Its still similar circumstances. You wanted Neymar to GTFO of Barca. I want Liverpool to take Coutinho up on his word about never playing again for Liverpool even if they don't sell him.

George_Costanza

So? Its still similar circumstances. You wanted Neymar to GTFO of Barca. I want Liverpool to take Coutinho up on his word about never playing again for Liverpool even if they don't sell him.

150m for Coutinho and Liverpool should have a parade on streets. Barca would be doing Liverpool a favor for anything above 100m.

blaugrana1987

Great. From my POV that would be perfect. I dont want Barca to buy anyone. I want us to fail at TM with this board so they can gtfo.

I know you have been cucked on transfer market, no need to take it out on Coutinho. Little realism would help.

michelco

IMO a playmaking midfielder is more important. A midfield of DM (busquets), a b2b (paulinho/rakitic/s roberto) and an attacking mid isnt gonna control any midfield vs any competent midfield

Tiny Kim

Great. From my POV that would be perfect. I dont want Barca to buy anyone. I want us to fail at TM with this board so they can gtfo.

I know you have been cucked on transfer market, no need to take it out on Coutinho. Little realism would help.

Nah. No worries, mate. The way I see it, our defense is shit whether Coutinho stays or leaves. That's our main problem right now.

In any case, Suarez was a much bigger loss for us anyway. Coutinho's weaknesses are his inconsistency and injuries. So if you guys sign him, be ready for those.

Tiny Kim

150m for Coutinho and Liverpool should have a parade on streets. Barca would be doing Liverpool a favor for anything above 100m.

Sure sure. But sign a proper central midfielder for less and you'd be doing a favor to your own team. And judging by that last game, you need to be doing a favor to yourselves a lot more than to others.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Sure sure. But sign a proper central midfielder for less and you'd be doing a favor to your own team. And judging by that last game, you need to be doing a favor to yourselves a lot more than to others.

I hope you guys demand 250m for him. Just bench him for the whole season, show some balls.

Home of Barca Fans