7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Zincubus

Banned
Coutinho is not like Alexis and can fit in as part of a system while Alexis needs other players to allow him freedom to be at his best.

Liverpool dont give up their system to Coutinho and neither do Brazil where Ney is clearly the star man.

There is a reason star players like Suarez and Ney love playing with Coutinho. He plays as part of the team and helps get best out of them.

Exactly !!!

Killinarin

I think this is going to happen. He's been doing well for Liverpool lately, but you can see his mind is somewhere else. Don't really understand why Barça wants him, it's not like the MSN ever wants to be benched

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think this is going to happen. He's been doing well for Liverpool lately, but you can see his mind is somewhere else. Don't really understand why Barça wants him, it's not like the MSN ever wants to be benched

Welcome to the forum!

Obviously, Barca would want him for midfield. Iniesta's role or somewhere else in a possible new system.

Messi983

sign a proper xavi replacement, he as iniesta replacement will be great.

I think people should stop talking about signing Xavi and Iniesta replacements. We won't find them because there are no new Xavi's and Iniesta's out there. Instead we should look for the best possible available midfielders (and players in general) to fit into new coach system.

Espacio

I think people should stop talking about signing Xavi and Iniesta replacements. We won't find them because there are no new Xavi's and Iniesta's out there. Instead we should look for the best possible available midfielders (and players in general) to fit into new coach system.

we don't need to change the system we can go on to play 4-1-2-3 or the same 4-2-3-1
coutinho's style like Iniesta he is the creator and dribler footballer like Iniesta cause we don't have a creator player except Iniesta therefor we need Coutinho
and we also have to find a player like Xavi of course not %100 like Xavi

Zincubus

Banned
we don't need to change the system we can go on to play 4-1-2-3 or the same 4-2-3-1
coutinho's style like Iniesta he is the creator and dribler footballer like Iniesta cause we don't have a creator player except Iniesta therefor we need Coutinho
and we also have to find a player like Xavi of course not %100 like Xavi

We could play Coutinho as Iniesta and let Iniesta do the Xavi role for next season ...

Andrew M

I don't think Coutinho is really a proper midfielder. We can't have the front three and him. So unsuitable for us.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We're not getting Verratti or a truly World Class CM as they're unavailable.

Might as well just sign him and Naby Keita or Seri.

He would suit us in the #8 role a hell of a lot more than Denis, Rafinha and Gomes. We'll probably just sign one average midfielder though and keep Gomes so he can "redeem himself" from being useless to becoming average.

Coutinho is a bit like Isco who we missed out on. Not exactly the same players, but very similar in some ways. Not properly convinced, but hey, rather him than Iborra or Bruno.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I want us to go for Eriksen. Spurs are hard to deal with but they'll sell for the right price. Eriksen and Keita/Seri.

serghei

We're not getting Verratti or a truly World Class CM as they're unavailable.

Might as well just sign him and Naby Keita or Seri.

He would suit us in the #8 role a hell of a lot more than Denis, Rafinha and Gomes. We'll probably just sign one average midfielder though and keep Gomes so he can "redeem himself" from being useless to becoming average.

Don't fall into pessimism. Madrid's success might wake us up in time to fix things.

Home of Barca Fans