7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Judoman

Just because we bought Paulinho for 40m doesn't mean his actual value is that much, a player is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for him. If Suarez keeps up his current form we'd be lucky to get 50m for him and the rest of the trash that barely get any minutes or are old could go for anywhere between 50-80m combined.

I wouldn't like for us to pay 250m for two players, but that's the price of established stars in today's market. We could also opt for youngsters that would be cheaper (Dembele is a unique case due to Neymar money), but have no guarantee of panning out. You have to pay big to get quality these days, either we adapt or become a mediocre club and hope for another Masia miracle.

My plan isn't all that ridiculous either, we can sell players to make over 100m, we have 100m from last year's window as well as likely another 100m+ from this year's window.

Yes, market prices are, what they are, but that also means there is no logical reason for us to sell cheap. We have to brake that silly FM mentality once and for all. Personaly i wouldn t be happy with 200 mil for all those players you mentioned.
Understand, that putting 250 m in two players, while selling 8 members of the team is also a huge risk. This sort of risk makes sence if a team is performing badly, which we aren t. I know our standards are high, but the summer window showed, that Barca fans are highly prone to needless panic.

Yes, market prices are, what they are, but that also means there is no logical reason for us to sell cheap. We have to brake that silly FM mentality once and for all. Personaly i wouldn t be happy with 200 mil for all those players you mentioned.
Understand, that putting 250 m in two players, while selling 8 members of the team is also a huge risk. This sort of risk makes sence if a team is performing badly, which we aren t. I know our standards are high, but the summer window showed, that Barca fans are highly prone to needless panic.

200m? Could you break down how much you'd want for each player, because I feel that is totally unrealistic, most of those players if not all of them have massively declined or aged here and they won't go for close to what we bought them for.

I also mentioned earlier that we can use some of the money to buy a couple cheap, young rotation players and just promote the rest from Barca B.

Judoman

200m? Could you break down how much you'd want for each player, because I feel that is totally unrealistic, most of those players if not all of them have massively declined or aged here and they won't go for close to what we bought them for.

I also mentioned earlier that we can use some of the money to buy a couple cheap, young rotation players and just promote the rest from Barca B.

I just took the estimation. Average price for 8 pack of player in order to make 200 mil, would be 25 mil. The only ones, that are clearly below this level are Verminator and Arda.

The rest of them could/should go higher. than 25 mil or not be sold at all. One of those 2 players you mentioned would be enough for 1 transfer window, we don t need both. Not for 100 mil+ per player.
If a club projects desparation, the prices will be low. And that is what a sell-off would do.

M

MessiCam

Just because we bought Paulinho for 40m doesn't mean his actual value is that much, a player is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for him. If Suarez keeps up his current form we'd be lucky to get 50m for him and the rest of the trash that barely get any minutes or are old could go for anywhere between 50-80m combined.

I wouldn't like for us to pay 250m for two players, but that's the price of established stars in today's market. We could also opt for youngsters that would be cheaper (Dembele is a unique case due to Neymar money), but have no guarantee of panning out. You have to pay big to get quality these days, either we adapt or become a mediocre club and hope for another Masia miracle.

My plan isn't all that ridiculous either, we can sell players to make over 100m, we have 100m from last year's window as well as likely another 100m+ from this year's window.

There is no guarantee that those 2 players for 250 Million will pan out either. Coutinho and Griezmann are marvellous players but Coutinho is way too inconsistent and injury prone for that kind of price tag. I'm more sure of Griezmann but again he doesn't address our lack of quality wingers which is essential to our style of play.

Unfortunately, we're stuck with Suarez due to the long term nature of his contract and his wages. So how do you fit Messi, Suarez, Dembele, Coutinho and Griezmann into a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 starting 11 without hindering your defensive capabilities. I'm not a fan of the 4-2-3-1 at the best of times due to the absence of a third central midfielder and the potential defensive problems it possesses, but playing any of those upfront in such a system even with Busquets and another world class central midfielder is a recipe for disaster.

Zincubus

Banned
Please can we stop rehashing this bollox about Coutinho being injury prone and inconsistent.

He's been Liverpools player of the year for the last three seasons ..

There is no guarantee that those 2 players for 250 Million will pan out either. Coutinho and Griezmann are marvellous players but Coutinho is way too inconsistent and injury prone for that kind of price tag. I'm more sure of Griezmann but again he doesn't address our lack of quality wingers which is essential to our style of play.

Unfortunately, we're stuck with Suarez due to the long term nature of his contract and his wages. So how do you fit Messi, Suarez, Dembele, Coutinho and Griezmann into a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 starting 11 without hindering your defensive capabilities. I'm not a fan of the 4-2-3-1 at the best of times due to the absence of a third central midfielder and the potential defensive problems it possesses, but playing any of those upfront in such a system even with Busquets and another world class central midfielder is a recipe for disaster.

Suarez has to go simple as that, I'm sure we could ship him off to Liverpool as a part of the deal with Coutinho to lower his price by around 50m. Of course there is no guarantee any player works out, they could break their leg in the first match or not fit into the system for some inexplicable reason and with the inflated prices in today's market it makes one think whether these mega money transfers are worth it at all, but it's a risk we have to take to keep the club moving forward as the likes of Messi, Iniesta and clearly Suarez start to fade.

Coutinho with all his issues is a significant upgrade over anything we currently have in midfield and is 150m probably too much for him? Sure, but that's just they way the market's gone over the last year as a result of the Neymar deal; the price for any half decent player has sky rocketed and I don't think there are many other great midfielders that clubs are willing to sell, whereas LFC should let Coutinho go this year. Griezmann played as a winger in his time at La Real and is quite comfortable there. I also don't think he'd be playing as an out and out winger like Neymar did and hug the touchline, but as an inside forward rather ala Villa/Henry.

Ideally our lineup for next season would be something like this:

Griezmann-Messi-Dembele

Coutinho-Busquets-Roberto

Alba-Umtiti-Pique-Semedo

Ter Stegen

I feel Roberto's earned the right to be given the opportunity to be played as a midfielder and he would be a nice complimentary piece in the starting XI, not every starter has to be a superstar to have collective success.

Messi has only 2-3 or years of high level football left and we can't afford to let the talents and brilliance of an once in a lifetime player go to waste, we need to spend big, get the players we need in and give him and this core one last shot at the CL. We don't have time to be trying to implement youngsters in the team with so little of prime Messi left, we need to get world class players and go for it.

JamDav1982

There is no chance Liverpool would pay 50m for Suarez.

Dont even think they would have any interest in taking him back at all. He is exact opposite of what is working in their forward line just now.

Riordon

We won't get anything near 50m for Suarez. Its pretty obvious that he is declining rapidly and turning 31 very soon. He is also on a big fat contact with many years left and none will want to pay those wages. Apparently he has knee problems as well. If we get rid of him, it will probably be in the same way as Villa or Arda.

FCBfan22

No. Literally a bird told me.

Home of Barca Fans