7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Mesimenia

Here's how I predict Liverpool's season is going to go.

1. They start off strong like they did last season.

2. Injuries start to pile up and effect the way they play.

3. Defensive frailties are still there and they will concede some stupid goals.

4. Klopp will burn them out by the second half of the season which plays a role in my second point.

5. Liverpool fans go from worshiping Klopp like the second coming to "man why is this guy clueless!"

6. Rinse and repeat.

With them being in the CL I expect them to be burnt out quicker as well.

lets predict what's we do in this year. rather then predict another club season.

Mesimenia

“The Liverpool fans have nothing to worry about - I do not believe any of the stories about him refusing to play for the club. I know him that is not his way"- Ronaldinho

Gordo101

Here's how I predict Liverpool's season is going to go.

5. Liverpool fans go from worshiping Klopp like the second coming to "man why is this guy clueless!"

This is why they are hated in England. No class whatsoever, their lack of success has given them this really unappealing sense of desperation. They never seem to acknowledge that Liverpool is no where near the #1 club destination in the world, let alone England, (or even the North of England), and so always look at players leaving as some great betrayal. Wait until Klopp fails to make champions league, the Liverpool fans will turn on him within the space of a single newspaper headline. They demand loyalty when they show none whatsoever themselves, Ronaldo is still a king @ Old Trafford, when do you see non scouse players talking about Liverpool like Henry does for Arsenal, or Ronaldo for United, Drogba for Chelsea etc. Nasty club with nasty fans

slvtn

I personally do not believe that he will refuse to play in CL. I could be wrong, but to refuse that would a bad move for him. Klopp is unlikely to give him game time in other matches, and could put his foot down. FSG seem to be backing Klopps decisions. I also do not believe that Coutinho or Klopp had a problem with him before the transfer request (I am still not entirely convinced they do, as they know what goes on and what to expect behind the madness).

There are so many posters on this thread that are blatantly not talking about Coutinho, Barca, Liverpool or even Joorabchian, just anti-Barcelona, anti-Liverpool and anti-sense (even if it means listening to sources that they otherwise wouldn't listen to in a million years).

There are so many ways that you can twist this in favour of your own chosen point of view..

I fully agree. I guess Coutinho is professional enough to deal with the clubs decision, especially in a world cup season.

Mesimenia

This is why they are hated in England. No class whatsoever, their lack of success has given them this really unappealing sense of desperation. They never seem to acknowledge that Liverpool is no where near the #1 club destination in the world, let alone England, (or even the North of England), and so always look at players leaving as some great betrayal. Wait until Klopp fails to make champions league, the Liverpool fans will turn on him within the space of a single newspaper headline. They demand loyalty when they show none whatsoever themselves, Ronaldo is still a king @ Old Trafford, when do you see non scouse players talking about Liverpool like Henry does for Arsenal, or Ronaldo for United, Drogba for Chelsea etc. Nasty club with nasty fans

don't talk rubbish. Liverpool is 4th Hated club in England after Chelsea, Man U & another Club (can't remember it's Name). it's online poll of popular newspaper. in England people hated those club which is most successful. what Rolando is with Man U, Luis Suarez is the same with LFC. to bash one club you don't have to give misleading information. I have been watching & madly following this league from 1998.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's the new fans that don't remember Liverpool who see them differently.

They were a big club. In different times when it was less about money and more about fans and working class. So there's a lot of nostalgia there for us who remember when football was different.

Julien

Just wanted to put this here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41158426

As I was saying, you guys are lucky you didn't spend £160m on Coutinho, good player, not worth 80m let alone 160. PSG messed up the transfer market this window.

That chart means nothing.

It says we overpaid for Dembele, and that PSG overpaid for Mbappe, but if we reach CL finals thanks to Dembele, or win La Liga because he scored 30+ goals, or both, no one will dare saying we paid too much.

Same for Mbappe.

That chart is useless as we can only say who is worth this or that at the end of this campaign.

Mesimenia

It's the new fans that don't remember Liverpool who see them differently.

They were a big club. In different times when it was less about money and more about fans and working class. So there's a lot of nostalgia there for us who remember when football was different.

I agree with you sir. currently people are become fans of Barca and Real because of Ronaldo and Messi. they don't know the Legend of Barca & Real who actually put foundation of these club. I have doubt some fans ever remember Romario. what a player he was!

Mesimenia

I saw an interview from one real legend. who tells that he and his teammates were given bonuses to lose 1-0 to LFC in CL final. because it was big achievement for Real to lose only 1-0 probably 1979 final. they thought Real would be hammered by LFC by 4/5-0. now we are good doesn't mean we will be good all the time. try to respect other clubs and their history. only then you will get respect from others. some banters can be exchanged but we should not personal attack LFC and vice versa. Barcelona and LFC have very good relationship & mutual respect to each other and it will remain same what ever happened with Coutinho. I was in their forum and I am the proof that how LFC fans ferociously defend Barcelona & Lionel Messi against all Ronaldo Fans (Man U & Real Fans) during El Clasico.
lets respect each other club.

Gordo101

don't talk rubbish. Liverpool is 4th Hated club in England after Chelsea, Man U & another Club (can't remember it's Name). it's online poll of popular newspaper. in England people hated those club which is most successful. what Rolando is with Man U, Luis Suarez is the same with LFC. to bash one club you don't have to give misleading information. I have been watching & madly following this league from 1998.

Was actually talking about the fans. And to emphasize my point, Ronaldo is still a hero and respected at Old Trafford, Suarez is not talked about in a good light any more from Liverpool fans, same with Rodgers.

Gordo101

That chart means nothing.

It says we overpaid for Dembele, and that PSG overpaid for Mbappe, but if we reach CL finals thanks to Dembele, or win La Liga because he scored 30+ goals, or both, no one will dare saying we paid too much.

Same for Mbappe.

That chart is useless as we can only say who is worth this or that at the end of this campaign.

Of course it has meaning.

Do you really think Dembele would have cost you £130 million if PSG hadn't been putting figures of 160+ around for Mbappe? Saying the market was normal this season is just wrong, it wasn't, it was over inflated and everybody knows it.

Look at all the transfer records, they go up in increments throughout history, PSG just came in and paid double the last record. DOUBLE.

Dembele is flat out not worth what you paid, nor is Mbappe worth 180m. PSG paid that amount & for Neymar because effectively money is worthless to them since they have so much, clubs who actually are trying to balance there books (Madrid, Man United, Barcelona) won't spent 350m on two ***UNPROVEN*** players because it makes no financial sense in the present time.

If you really think any board of a football club would take a gamble on 1st in the league over a guaranteed 2nd in the league +200m, I can't help you.

Home of Barca Fans