7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

springfield

The end is near and the transfer doesn't look closer. Is the board really thinking that the signing of Semedo and Paulinho would be enough? We haven't seen much of alternatives either. So are they really thinking they can seal the deal or they don't care if they can't sign him and Barcelona will have to play the season with the squad they have now.

Last edited:

Mesimenia

we are not going to get Coutinho in this summer. LFC told before they are not selling and you can bet they will not sell come this Sep 01. next year is different question. unfortunately Barca board is adamant and try to show fans that they are trying. some unreliable Spanish media and Itk create rumour to satisfy the fan. but it is not happening. try to accept it and move on.

The end is near and the transfer doesn't look closer. Is the board really thinking that the signing of Semedo and Paulinho would be enough? We haven't seen much of alternatives either. So are they really thinking they can seal the deal or they don't care if they can't sign him and Barcelona will have to play the season with the squad they have now.

I hear they are looking at Naby Keita as an alternative. I like that option, he's a good player.

Mesimenia

I hear they are looking at Naby Keita as an alternative. I like that option, he's a good player.

Naby Keita is not an alternative for Coutinho. he is LFC's prime target. he is a Box to Box all action midfield perfect for LFC's style. Coutinho is attacking midfielder played in left side of attack or tip of the diamond shaped midfield.

Mesimenia

Guillem Balague @GuillemBalague
No matter what Catalan press, LFC insist on Coutinho: they not negotiating, no meetings, no conference calls, no putting a price. Not selling

Chainsaw

Killahead
Guillem Balague @GuillemBalague
No matter what Catalan press, LFC insist on Coutinho: they not negotiating, no meetings, no conference calls, no putting a price. Not selling

Good. Forget about this overpriced overrated midget. Go for someone else.

Sasuke85

we are not going to get Coutinho in this summer. LFC told before they are not selling and you can bet they will not sell come this Sep 01. next year is different question. unfortunately Barca board is adamant and try to show fans that they are trying. some unreliable Spanish media and Itk create rumour to satisfy the fan. but it is not happening. try to accept it and move on.

If Coutinho doesn't come to us this year, he might never has the chance again, because next year Barca will have a few more attractive options.

Yesterday Liverpool just beat Arsenal 4-0 without Coutinho. This means Liverpool can still have a successful season without him.

And Liverpool also know that that ridiculous price (150 mil) for Coutinho only happens this year. Barca will never offer that price again at any point in the future, not even 2/3 of that I believe.

That's why I still think we will have Coutinho this summer.

Kuchi

Honestly, his price tag is way to high, only reason i am ok with that would be that somehow him and Dembele have an impact in Feb-May next year, for Messi's sake..i sincerely hate to see Messi pulling this team...you can see it on his face it's killing him....for all he did for us, he deserves a competitive team around him and if this stupid board brought us here, with only overpaying for players being the short term the salvation...than fuck it..do it for Messi...we have 2-3 years with him..

Last edited:

Ronaldinho10

If Coutinho doesn't come to us this year, he might never has the chance again, because next year Barca will have a few more attractive options.

Yesterday Liverpool just beat Arsenal 4-0 without Coutinho. This means Liverpool can still have a successful season without him.

And Liverpool also know that that ridiculous price (150 mil) for Coutinho only happens this year. Barca will never offer that price again at any point in the future, not even 2/3 of that I believe.

That's why I still think we will have Coutinho this summer.

Liverpool were pulling this signing all summer to raise the transfer price.. I have no doubt they dont have a real problem in selling him but just wanted to squeeze us for more money because we are in a situation of pressure and there isnt much time left in the transfer window. They also know that we have to sign players and fast.. so why not get some more money out of it? U can critisize them but it is smart stratagey by the liverpool board and as usual a stupid mistake by our board of clowns.

Messi983

150 for coutinho is beyond ridicolous, hilarious for me is how few barca fan here are trying to justify this because "market is crazy", no, its not about that, its about pure desperation to keep up with real madrid, barca already overpaid for dembele, real did similar during pep's barca, with no real strategic plan, before that galacticos showed us how that is not working, now psg is showing us same in CL, I could understand purchasing suarez, best player by far in EPL, Coutinho is not even large improvment on old iniesta.

Spending around 380 m in one summer, is disgrace for football, i would honestly not enjoy watch that, dont say how barca always spended money, they did, but this is new level, psg level, lets keep that for state sponsored countrys, let barca to keep up some pride, if nobody comes, so be it, board will have to go and we can hope for a president with strategic plan

In general I agree with you but this is special summer with Neymar leaving. We never planned to spend that much before he left. I think our plan was to use around 100M on a WC midfielder (if we could get one) and 30-40M on RB which we did. Without Neymoney we wouldn't offer 150M for Coutinho (we probably wouldn't need too because market circumstances would still be "normal" and Liverpool wouldn't demand that much) and we also wouldn't buy Dembele with Neymar staying.

Raketa10

Liverpool were pulling this signing all summer to raise the transfer price.. I have no doubt they dont have a real problem in selling him but just wanted to squeeze us for more money because we are in a situation of pressure and there isnt much time left in the transfer window. They also know that we have to sign players and fast.. so why not get some more money out of it? U can critisize them but it is smart stratagey by the liverpool board and as usual a stupid mistake by our board of clowns.

And what should have our board done differently regarding Coutinho??? Lpool determines the price and not our board so you can either buy him for 120/130 +variables or not at all.

Many people here are claiming that 120+variables is too much but none of you are considering the fact that another bad year will also cause money loss. The fact is that we need him ASAP and 20 mil eur more or less won't destabilize the club in the long term but the lack of results for sure will. We may even lose more money if we don't sign him than if we do considering the fact that we lost big share of marketing profit with Neymar leaving.

Unfortunately football today is not only about trophies but also about money from commercials, money from selling shirt's, money from sponsorship etc. Do some of you honestly think we would have gotten that amount of money from Rakuten by having Deulofeu and Vidal as our wingers? For sure not!

When you take all of this into consideration signing Coutinho is a must looking both from the sport and commercial side of the deal. He might be overpriced in comparison with Neymar but the fact that he is our ONLY solution right now we really do not have much of a choice from my point of view.

Last edited:

springfield

And what should have our board done differently regarding Coutinho??? Lpool determines the price and not our board so you can either buy him for 120/130 +variables or not at all.

If you only have 1 player on your list, then you get situations like this. Just like Dembele. Dortmund even said that Dembele is their only option so they have to pay their price or be left behind without him. If you start talks with multiple players for the same position then you get a different situation.

Ronaldinho10

In general I agree with you but this is special summer with Neymar leaving. We never planned to spend that much before he left. I think our plan was to use around 100M on a WC midfielder (if we could get one) and 30-40M on RB which we did. Without Neymoney we wouldn't offer 150M for Coutinho (we probably wouldn't need too because market circumstances would still be "normal" and Liverpool wouldn't demand that much) and we also wouldn't buy Dembele with Neymar staying.

Yes but what I mean is that we didnt plan for replacing Neymar only after we sold him which was 2 late and the price bomb has already been dropped. U wanna sell neymar and make 220m? no problem but make sure u have replacments first not after.. that's what I mean. And that's what made things so complicated with dembele and now with coutinho.
If we had a backup plan in the 1st place we would never be in this situation four days or so left for the transfer market and we still dont have coutinho or any proper midfield player.

Home of Barca Fans