7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Ritchie

Maybe their board just knows it's too late to buy any good replacement.

And maybe they are not fond of panic buy either.

Just saying.

They wasted the Torres money on Andy Caroll panic buying on deadline day.

Liverpool have had all summer to buy defenders or a midfield and have pissed about and not got any in. Anyone they sign now will be a panic buy.

Sneer

Banned
So his interview where he said, "Its all up to the club's committee. Its their decision" in regards to selling Coutinho, must have been fake.

In order words, he'd have to field a player "Who doesn't want to be in the squad"?

Quick question....... Can a coach/manager convince the board to sell a player?

Garrus

It's funny because Liverpool always rejected an offer immediately and never negotiated because they don't want to sell. So this deadline is not going to put press on them.

The funny part is that Barca still thinks Liverpool would sell even after FSG told them twice not to come back for him. They didn't reject the 3rd bid because of the clauses. They rejected it immediately as they have no interest in negotiating anything. Which means they are more than prepared to deal with "an unhappy player". So yeah, it was funny that Barca are threatening withdraw something that that Liverpool don't even give a shit about. But then again, no one is saying you have to laugh or even find it funny. It may not be to you, but it is to me. So I'm laughing.

The funny part is Liverpool already saying plenty of times they don't want to sell and they aren't interested in a better offer, actually asking us to make no further contacts, so their most appropriate answer to our ultimatum would be "finally, thank God".

It's like you saying Natalie Portman has a deadline to decide if she wants to hook up with you when she already refuse it 100 times before. Isn't clear that she doesn't want? Isn't clear that you are a joke for giving an ultimatum?

That's the "funny" part. We are doing business like an elementary school kid, embarrassing ourselves to the whole football world.
The statements i highlighted from yours posts, Such as "Never negotiated" "Told twice not to comeback" "Not because of clauses", Are stated as if they were absolute facts, When in reality they're just based on media reports and supposed "close sources", Nothing official or real about them.
The only absolute facts known so far, In chronological order:
1-First bid from barca of 80m ---rejected
2-Second bid from barca of 100m---rejected
3-FSG statement regarding coutinho
4-Coutinho hands a transfer request
5-Third bid from barca of 130m---rejected

The FSG statement never explicitly stated that they never negotiated or weren't considering letting him go before, It's just that they won't look at offers for him, It could've meant "as of now" for all we know, PSG had a clear stance of no sale for verratti, Yet i don't remember our club ignoring PSG that and kept sending bids for verratti, No club sends offers without knowing first the receiving club will at least willing to consider them, Basic common sense.
And we have no real and official info weather coutinho's transfer request coupled with his supposed persistent back injury *wink wink* changed liverpool stance of "no sale" or not, Again, Other than supposed media reports, And anyone claiming to be certain of what's happening inside the offices of liverpool is being dishonest.

So for all i know, Based only on the real and official info, Liverpool could've been waiting for an improved 4th bid, Or perhaps they never were actually, I don't know, But that's the point, I'm not the one making statement without official info, Treat them as certainty, String them up as a story, Then make jokes based of a them.

Tiny Kim

The statements i highlighted from yours posts, Such as "Never negotiated" "Told twice not to comeback" "Not because of clauses", Are stated as if they were absolute facts, When in reality they're just based on media reports and supposed "close sources", Nothing official or real about them.

The FSG statement never explicitly stated that they never negotiated or weren't considering letting him go before, It's just that they won't look at offers for him, It could've meant "as of now" for all we know, PSG had a clear stance of no sale for verratti, Yet i don't remember our club ignoring PSG that and kept sending bids for verratti, No club sends offers without knowing first the receiving club will at least willing to consider them, Basic common sense.
And we have no real and official info weather coutinho's transfer request coupled with his supposed persistent back injury *wink wink* changed liverpool stance of "no sale" or not, Again, Other than supposed media reports, And anyone claiming to be certain of what's happening inside the offices of liverpool is being dishonest.

So for all i know, Based only on the real and official info, Liverpool could've been waiting for an improved 4th bid, Or perhaps they never were actually, I don't know, But that's the point, I'm making statement without official info, Treat them as certainty, String them up as a story, Then make jokes based of a them.

Yet you bring in numbers taken from the same "media reports and supposed 'close sources'" to make your claim. How ironic. And yes, I'll keep making jokes if and when I feel like it. You don't have to laugh, acknowledge or even respond to it.

mark1nhu

So for all i know, Based only on the real and official info, Liverpool could've been waiting for an improved 4th bid, Or perhaps they never were actually, I don't know, But that's the point, I'm not the one making statement without official info, Treat them as certainty, String them up as a story, Then make jokes based of a them.

Everything you denied Klopp already said plenty of times, being him the best possible spokesman for FSG other than FSG itself. And Klopp's statements are actual statements, not media reports. What's your excuse for that?

Also, but not that relevant, clubs usually set a really high price when they want the buyer to meet halfway (see Dortmund right now), they don't ask for "no further contacts".

BBZ8800

Why would you send a deadline when their official stance is not for sale. ? :facepalm:

Liverpool will say NO offically and then Coutinho will make a mess.

An article from Express.co.uk from 20-ish minutes ago.

Liverpool transfer expert Graeme Kelly, considered an in-the-know source of Anfield news, delivered the hammer blow to Kop fans this afternoon.
He tweeted today: "Look at Sakho when the trust was broken between him and JK? Relationship with Klopp has broken down, is it repairable? #Coutinho #LFC"
One fan labelled Jurgen Klopp a "hypocrite" to which Kelly replied: "He won't make up with Coutinho mate. No way."
Coutinho has handed in a transfer request which has been turned down by Liverpool.
Another Twitter user wrote: "I think there is a twist to come, like phil going on strike."
But Kelly thinks otherwise and wrote: "Going? Gone!"

Imo, our chance now is Coutinho making a mess.

[tw]899254819910807553[/tw]
Do it, Coutinho. We believe in you!

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans