7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

xxxxxx

LOL! AnfieldEd what happened man? I thought you have inside sources and knew more than anyone else?

August 5th: "Coutinho will not be joining you this summer."
August 12th: "Coutinho to Barca is a done deal. FSG will put out statement at 11am."

To be fair, he wasn't going anywhere. But obviously it's changed with Coutinho putting in a transfer request.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Is this because we will need to free up space for our non-EU player quota? How are we signing Yerry in the winter then? Wouldn't Coutinho just take Neymar's spot if he's still non-EU?

Barca had 2 non-EU, Suarez and Neymar. Lost Neymar and gained Marlon, so they only have one more spot left. If both Paulinho and Coutinho come they would need to loan Marlon and I don't know what they'll do with Yerry Mina.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Barca had 2 non-EU, Suarez and Neymar. Lost Neymar and gained Marlon, so they only have one more spot left. If both Paulinho and Coutinho come they would need to loan Marlon and I don't know what they'll do with Yerry Mina.

Completely forgot about Paulinho.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'm surprised neither Coutinho or Suarez have EU passports yet. They've been there long enough.

Netherlands, Italy and the UK don't have the same law as Spain where people from Ibero-America as of today, are eligible for nationality after two or three years. Then the process itself takes up to a year after you apply.

Neymar is due to get his Spanish citizenship this September. If Suarez doesn't have it yet (possibly through his wife), then I think he'll get it soon too.

To apply for British nationality, you have to be a resident for five years and fulfill the language and other specific criteria for it. Same for Dutch nationality. Suarez could have applied for Dutch Nationality had he stayed there for another year, but left for Liverpool in 2011.

Last edited:

blackrum

Which explains the Iñigo Martinez rumours I guess.

There was talk of "2-3" more signings, I hope Paulinho does not count towards that. If the Coutinho rumours are true I take it we'd essentially need another CB. I don't see us spending on Paulinho AND Coutinho AND Dembele AND a CB AND potentially Seri.

Ugh, I still hope Paulinho turns out to be fake news.

Judoman

Why would people want to sell Rakitic is beyond me honestly.

Because we have to much MF players and he s getting slower and in to his 30 is. He is not a truly top class player, so maximizing his
sell value is a good idea, considering, the large horde we have in the mf.

We need to start selling players much better/smarter.

Zuti

Because we have to much MF players and he s getting slower and in to his 30 is. He is not a truly top class player, so maximizing his
sell value is a good idea, considering, the large horde we have in the mf.

We need to start selling players much better/smarter.

This would make sense if we weren't on the verge of signing 29 year old freaking Paulinho.

Home of Barca Fans