7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

GoodKid

He does not fit at all. We lack a strategic/intelligent player who gives the team more structure in midfield in our squad besides Iniesta. Coutinho would make the team more disbalanced than it already is.
As for the LW position, we don't need another playmaker there, we need a fast goal-oriented winger who can make runs behind the defence. You cannot create chances if you only play with playmakers. Who are they going to pass the ball to? Our problem with Neymar was that he was trying to become a creator instead of playing like he did in the treble winning season, where he was more of a "runner-for-messi". Also, we would lose our strength at counter attacks.

cro-man

There is no reason for liverpool to sell. This wont happen. Dont believe everything. Even their trainer said he won let him go. Why should the board say yes? They have more than enough money they even wanted keita for how much was it?80?

Trickykid

The vast majority of the posters on various Liverpool forums I'm browsing seem to be pretty adamant that he's staying. Denial or a matter of a few foreign journos blowing this proposed transfer out of proportion?

El Barcelona

The vast majority of the posters on various Liverpool forums I'm browsing seem to be pretty adamant that he's staying. Denial or a matter of a few foreign journos blowing this proposed transfer out of proportion?
Go 3 weeks back in the Ney thread, you find the same. The amount of rumors from reliable English journos compared to the Spanish is weirder.

denn

It's not like they saying there are negotiations. He's coming for sure, by multiple sources in Spain, that's why I believe there is something and he'll come.

Trickykid

Go 3 weeks back in the Ney thread, you find the same. The amount of rumors from reliable English journos compared to the Spanish is weirder.

Back then it was as much denial that P$G could pay such an obscene price for him. The Liverpool fans simple don't think the club will let him go. Difference of course being that Liverpool can stop this while we were powerless.

El Barcelona

It's not like they saying there are negotiations. He's coming for sure, by multiple sources in Spain, that's why I believe there is something and he'll come.
Yup, I also believe there is something and that he's coming. Next day's we will now more because we want to act fast.

Back then it was as much denial that P$G could pay such an obscene price for him. The Liverpool fans simple don't think the club will let him go. Difference of course being that Liverpool can stop this while we were powerless.
Let them believe. :lol: A lot of them are disrespectful to Barca also, I'm following the Coutinho thread on a Liverpool fc forum.

Last edited:

RIZALDINHO

The same journalist that broke Neymar’s move to PSG is now saying his replacement has been signed and he said Philippe Coutinho will be a Barcelona player in the next few days. According to a report from Marcelo Bechler,

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Hi I'm on holiday and on my phone scrolling through this thread. You had coutinho up until this afternoon when Lallana was confirmed out for three months. Now coutinho is staying put and he's accepted that. Things can change but it will take a bid above 100m euros for us to accept. Deal was 120m euros in 3 instalments of 60 then 35 then 25 over 4 windows plus 20 in add ons.

Let's face it. Liverpool struggles year after year just qualifying for UCL. There are not beating Man U, Man City, Chelsea for the EPL this year either or the next. Coutinho sees same shit repeating year after year and wants out while taking a pay cut.

All it takes is Coutinho going on strike. Right now, Coutinho does not seem to have balls Moneymar has.

Devils

Hi I'm on holiday and on my phone scrolling through this thread. You had coutinho up until this afternoon when Lallana was confirmed out for three months. Now coutinho is staying put and he's accepted that. Things can change but it will take a bid above 100m euros for us to accept. Deal was 120m euros in 3 instalments of 60 then 35 then 25 over 4 windows plus 20 in add ons.

Makes sense why as of today we are being linked to Lemar.

Home of Barca Fans