7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

kattanib

Individually, LW might be his best position. A player has to play where the team needs him most though and that is C(A)M in Barcelona. However, I'm confident he'll do great things in both positions. Somehow you can compare him to the Don in this regard. I will never forget the Clásico when Don Andres fucked Real playing as LW.

Was it the first Classico after Ronaldinho left? I remember him playing in LW during that period and he quickly made us feel that Ronaldinhos gap is well treated

xXKonan

A front line of Coutinho-Messi-Dembele would be tasty to see on a consistent basis.

But Valverde wants Suarez to start and Dembele himself has solidified his position as a starter and with Iniesta gone. Valverde has decided to use Coutinho as our Iniesta successor and to be fair it's working out so far very well.

We don't really have anyone else that can effectively fill that creative attacking role in the middle unless you still think Denis can be something. Arthur is closer in style to Xavi and Busi, Vidal is a B2B Mid, Rakitic is more suited in a deeper role these days, Samper is a DM and Rafinha seems more suited as a RW. There's Alena and Puig but I can't see Alena getting meaningful minutes this season and Puig is still young.

Stoichkov1

A front line of Coutinho-Messi-Dembele would be tasty to see on a consistent basis.

But Valverde wants Suarez to start and Dembele himself has solidified his position as a starter and with Iniesta gone. Valverde has decided to use Coutinho as our Iniesta successor and to be fair it's working out so far very well.

We don't really have anyone else that can effectively fill that creative attacking role in the middle unless you still think Denis can be something. Arthur is closer in style to Xavi and Busi, Vidal is a B2B Mid, Rakitic is more suited in a deeper role these days, Samper is a DM and Rafinha seems more suited as a RW. There's Alena and Puig but I can't see Alena getting meaningful minutes this season and Puig is still young.

This team absolutely needs a striker. Suarez is declining but Messi can't play false 9 as he's too static nowadays.

Andresito

Staff member
Playing as a midfielder is more demanding than playing as a winger, hence he needs more rest compared to a player like Dembélé.
Plus we have good backups.

Home of Barca Fans