7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Gnidrologist

Solution is simple - stop playing with 3 defensive midfielders and find a place for him there. I'd gladly throw Suarez in the garbage bin for much more mobile forward, who can help in pressing and tracking back if Coutinho is really such a liability in defense, which i doubt.

Messigician

Solution is simple - stop playing with 3 defensive midfielders and find a place for him there. I'd gladly throw Suarez in the garbage bin for much more mobile forward, who can help in pressing and tracking back if Coutinho is really such a liability in defense, which i doubt.

No one presses better than Suarez

Laplacian

So apparently

Raw 21 year old, "low IQ", "can't pass" Dembele >>>>> 26 year old "finished article", "polished player", "world class", "perfect Barcelona player" Coutinho

vlad

Arthur-vidal-coutinho midfield should be, coutinho was doing just fine in liverpool, just change the coach who will ditch that slow possesion football

Kul_z

Arthur-vidal-coutinho midfield should be, coutinho was doing just fine in liverpool, just change the coach who will ditch that slow possesion football

My thoughts, not like i want to see this week in week out but as an option. Id like to see this. Or busi vidal coutinho for those who want more balance. But coutinho and vidal is something id like to see

BusiTheKing

Coutinho in the midfield means we have to switch our paradigm to defending by having possession completely. Go for balance and you'll get stuck in the middle. The way I see it, if Coutinho is in the midfield, he has to have Arthur with him (who, I may add, is no defensive slouch either).

henias

Even if we get him, where does he fit though? I'm thinking he's more like an attacking mid like Messi but he isn't Iniesta and will never replace him fully in terms of creativity and passing. Unless he plays as a LW, moving Suarez mid and Messi back.
Meh. Not feeling it. Essentially he is more like a Neymar type player who also has vision and passing but overall still isnt quite the midfielder/playmaker Iniesta is.

I still remember arguing as I was extremely skeptical about the signing of Coutinho back then and people thought I was against the player himself. Essentially I know Coutinho is a more versatile player who can function as a CAM, false 10, a hybrid winger or even a CM, but he will find it hard to properly flourish here. BBZ was extremely approving of the signing because of the physique wise and probably faster than Iniesta. :coffee:

The huge problem is he gets off on having the freedom to roam and playmake, but here in Barcelona we already have Messi doing that job heavily. Particularly Coutinho's ball retention in tight spaces and defence wise isn't particularly that strong. He definitely could adapt and work on it and does shows flashes of it, but I doubt it's his strongest asset.

Some people think the solution is to buy Hazard, let me tell you, he wouldn't work either. At least not with Messi here. We should stop looking at attacking midfielders, who likes to roam and playmake. Go for a proper inside forward or winger and defnitely a centre midfielder.

At least for now I can see Coutinho being a good backup to rotate. And as a last resort, I would experiment the 343 with Coutinho as a CAM, and probably try him as a deeper CM role in a 433. Rakitic will have to make way in this case.

khaled_a_d

He was doing fine as LW, when he played as midfielder last season he looked great (he had best attack in the world in front of him) but their midfield looked much better once he was sold

Sorin

A 50 million pkayer at best. What a fuck up spunking 150 m for this guy. For the record, I still think he is better than this but never over 100m. Should have hang the phone as soon as Pool demanded over 100. Shite, tbe money could have been used so much better.

xXKonan

He had a couple of good moments but overall he was just anonymous.

He's not a LW but man he's fortunate enough that he slipped under the radar by the Catalan press since Dembele is getting the brunt of it despite being the better player.

Flavius

Well if he scored those two, everyone would say, 2 goals in a bad day... I think he was okay, team was relaxed in this match so can't complain. We need him in the KO stages at top. Go Cou!

CatalinR10

80% of the games he looks like a 50 mil player , the other 20% like a 100+

shame he didn't score today , had some good moments , other shit.

Home of Barca Fans