Page 1001 of 1003 FirstFirst ... 5019019519919991000100110021003 LastLast
Results 15,001 to 15,015 of 15042

Thread: 7 - Philippe Coutinho

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmondDantes View Post
    Now I'm calmer, Coutinho was much better once he dropped into the midfield last night.

I hope either he or Alena start in midfield next week.
    That is not saying much mate. We are talking about a player that could cost us up to €160 fucking million. Hailed as the successor of Iniesta. For months the local media wrote one praise after the other. Even when he dropped back a few times he did not create anything and often made the wrong decisions and did not pass quickly enough. He is out of depth in every single department. He looks like a fish on land.

It is even more infuriating that this excuse of a footballer is stealing minutes from Malcom, Dembélé and Aleñá while the incompetent idiot that is Malmierda is insisting on using him as a freaking winger in a 4-3-3 or what is left of it. For the billionth time expecting miracles.
    Last edited by Leo_Messi; 11th February 2019 at 10:42 AM.
    Bartomeu Dimissió!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Messi View Post
    That is not saying much mate. We are talking about a player that could cost us up to €160 fucking million. Hailed as the successor of Iniesta. For months the local media wrote one praise after the other. Even when he dropped back a few times he did not create anything and often made the wrong decisions and did not pass quickly enough. He is out of depth in every single department. He looks like a fish on land.

It is even more infuriating that this excuse of a footballer is stealing minutes from Malcom, Dembélé and Aleñá while the incompetent idiot that is Malmierda is insisting on using him as a freaking winger in a 4-3-3 or what is left of it. For the billionth time expecting miracles.
    That 160 million is never coming back, it's a sunk cost sadly. I rated Coutinho up until after the World Cup even, 22 goals and 12 assists last season for us and Liverpool but the Blaugrana shirt looks too big for him.

He needs to start in midfield so we can decide whether or not we ship him in the summer. Once and for all.

I don't see him turning it around all that likely though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by George_Costanza View Post
    I think he can improve under different manager just like Pogba improved when United sacked Mourinho.

Either choose:

A. sell Coutinho
    B. sack Valverde
    C. All the above
    C, i choose C!
    If it was just between A & B, B all day long

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think selling him, for whatever the fee is, is probably what should happen. Instead i would rather keep Malcolm who atleast is a wing player. Coutinho just isnt a winger despite Valverde playing him there all the time. And he isnt a midfielder in the proper sense either as he lacks positional awareness and the intelligence...And right now, he just keeps playing without any improvement shown whatsoever.. He keeps trying the same while expecting different results.
    Last edited by shadows; 11th February 2019 at 11:27 AM.
    "If you understand football you make substitutions during the game, if you don't you make comments after it." ~~ Stoichkov

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's sell him for whatever and bring in Eriksen who frickin' plays the advanced CM role for Spurs. He is also quite the hard worker, puts in a shift defensively.

Or sell him and bring in a CB and LB with the money. Alena could develop into that more advanced role, or try De Jong there with Busquets and Arthur.

Any of the above is better than LW Coutinho at this point. Unless he discovers some pace out of nowhere then he's a liability in that position. Or we bring in another coach that can make him adapt to that role but that is pure fantasy at this point. That mediocrity is here to eat some more years out of our lives apparently.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know why iniesta had such severe stamina issues at a relatively young age?

He could still be playing for us if he could last the full 90.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorin View Post
    Let's sell him for whatever and bring in Eriksen who frickin' plays the advanced CM role for Spurs. He is also quite the hard worker, puts in a shift defensively.

Or sell him and bring in a CB and LB with the money. Alena could develop into that more advanced role, or try De Jong there with Busquets and Arthur.

Any of the above is better than LW Coutinho at this point. Unless he discovers some pace out of nowhere then he's a liability in that position. Or we bring in another coach that can make him adapt to that role but that is pure fantasy at this point. That mediocrity is here to eat some more years out of our lives apparently.
    Id like to see coutinho under some new manager. And as it stands right now, he's going to get sacked this season because we are not playing like we would win champions league.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give him more time. We can't throwaway world class players like used toys. If he can't play well enough in a period where he scores, assists and have confidence, then we can talk about selling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought he played okay yesterday, Suarez being absolute shit didn't help him

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul_z View Post
    Id like to see coutinho under some new manager. And as it stands right now, he's going to get sacked this season because we are not playing like we would win champions league.
    Are you sure Valverde will get sacked? Maybe you and I notice the boring crap we display day in day out but it seems the board and the complacent motherfuckers in the team can't see it. Going by every rumour out there everyone at the club and their mother wants to extend his contract. Short of getting humiliated in CL or bottling the league he is safe imo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorin View Post
    Are you sure Valverde will get sacked? Maybe you and I notice the boring crap we display day in day out but it seems the board and the complacent motherfuckers in the team can't see it. Going by every rumour out there everyone at the club and their mother wants to extend his contract. Short of getting humiliated in CL or bottling the league he is safe imo.
    Actually i think yes. Because after 3 in a row from madrid, and how bad we play this and last season under him is something that is not getting overlooked anymore. Especially this that third year in a row our players in this period, from march until the end of the season are looking nowhere near the players from first half of the season and they 'wake up' only in the last month of the season, coincidence or not but always after we go out of cl. I think that coutinho is class, just valverde state of mind and his game tactics are too similar to mourinho, he came to bigger club and he just know how to play defensive and not creative attacking we once played. Solskjaer proved me wrong how managers actually can have a positive and negative impact on players, and if our board dont see it, then we are in for another year of this shitshow.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul_z View Post
    EV is going nowhere man.. Barto pretty much said as much. the only hope we have is EV deciding hes had enough and refusing the contract. it seems our board and seniors don't care about winning anymore, its all about milking money and having a jolly kick about with their friends

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Givenchy View Post
    ... it seems our board and seniors don't care about winning anymore, its all about milking money and having a jolly kick about with their friends
    Um, how many major trophies do we have the last decade or even the last 5 years? I think the most in big boy football. I do miss Pep though, no-one since him has been close. Can't blame that on the current board.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Must be tried in the midfield and if it doesn’t work we have to consider selling.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's hope the depressed Brazilian plays well for once