7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

George_Costanza

If the price is real good it just might be the right thing to sell. It is hard for me to imagine Coutinho being the best player he can be with Messi, no matter the manager. Both play relatively central and thrive at freedom and don't do a lot of defensive duties--but Messi is the best in the world and it is nuts not to give him that freedom. PH can still be a useful rotation (luxury) player but will be hard to justify the wage and the potential fee that could be used elsewhere.

Messi and Coutinho play the other side of each other. Actually, Messi occupies many other players position but Coutinho. I think Coutinho's issue is mentally associated with how he is been deployed and managed by the manager. I don't see any reason for a huge drop of form unless it's something external like family issues.

clemente

If PSG comes with 100M, Coutinho probably won't leave, he is at the club he always wanted to be. And if EV stays, which is 99% what's gonna happen sadly, Coutinho will continue underperforming, very sad situation, can only hope for a disastrous start of next season, and EV loses locker room and gets the boot finally.

clemente

Valverde is no genius but it's not his faul Coutinho has been playing like Denis Suarez for the past 4 months.

He's not Denis Suarez, he's getting a lot of hate for underperforming, but if you really look into how he plays, he still has a good first touch, good passing, comfortable on the ball, would be a perfect midfielder, and yes it is EV's fault for not even trying him there, he probably hasn't even had such thought.

FCB1987

Banned
He's not Denis Suarez, he's getting a lot of hate for underperforming, but if you really look into how he plays, he still has a good first touch, good passing, comfortable on the ball, would be a perfect midfielder, and yes it is EV's fault for not even trying him there, he probably hasn't even had such thought.

A perfect midfielder who gets dispossessed 30 times per match and takes 10 touches to play a pass

He often takes up positions in the midfield when he lines up on the wing as well

clemente

A perfect midfielder who gets dispossessed 30 times per match and takes 10 touches to play a pass

He often takes up positions in the midfield when he lines up on the wing as well

And what winger doesn't get dispossesed 30 times per match? And it doesn't matter how many touches it takes if its not some counterattack that hes slowing down.
What kind of positions are you even talking about? He never even played in 3 man midfield, how would you know about his positioning there.

FCB1987

Banned
And what winger doesn't get dispossesed 30 times per match? And it doesn't matter how many touches it takes if its not some counterattack that hes slowing down.
What kind of positions are you even talking about? He never even played in 3 man midfield, how would you know about his positioning there.

Coutinho loses possession more easily in situations than any elite midfielder in the world.

I'm talking about how Coutinho often moves into the midfield when he lines up on the wing. It's not like he stands on the touchline trying to sprint past his fullback for 90 minutes when he starts on the wing. He often takes up similar positions to that of a LCM

Nothanks

I don't like coutinho in the midfield tbh, maybe if we are desperate and seeking a goal sure but

if you said we're playing juve or man city in the final coutinho in the mid would be suicide..

play him LM, behind a striker or LW but definitely not in the middle of the park
he doesn't possess the ability to guard the ball like arthur
doesn't track back / defend good enough to replace rakitic/vidal

only thing he seems to be good at is occasionally giving a good through ball and long shots that teams have figured out how to stop by just cutting off his space.

xXKonan

D2N8L5MWkAIm7QD.jpg

According to Sport's front cover issue.

The Club met with Coutinho's entourage to talk about his situation and been given a month to try and figure out his future. It also mentions the club wants to recover his best form and if he goes onto the market we want at least 100 million.

Reckon we should probably part ways at this point.

Arizona Scott

Coutinho plays midfield for Brazil (one of their better world cup players) and played midfield his last stretch at Liverpool. It isn't like this is out of the question--though I don't think there is time to try this out with muh focus this year. But I think if he stays this offseason that should be the emphasis to see if he can be a left attacking mid for Barca. I don't think he is going to beat out Dembele or Suares (or Jovic or another) for the 2 forward spots around Messi so if he gets a starting role it is because he has adapted to this role.

Sorin

I know that it rarely happens but I'd do a straight swap with Eriksen at this point. From what I've heard his family didn't really fancy living in Liverpool but maybe he fancies London better. Ideally a scoring LW would be the best option but I'm having a difficult time coming up with one that will also be available.

Edit: Could also let go of Rakitic without EV getting his panties in a twist. Eriksen is younger but just as experienced, a hard worker could also play several positions so what's not to like about this transaction?

Last edited:

xXKonan

[tw]1109084952296128512[/tw]

Moises says we received a 105 Million euro offer for Coutinho, but he wants to stay and if he can't reverse his situation he will be sold.

Home of Barca Fans