7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

God Serena

You may see it that way, I don't, and the statistical metrics don't. On the subjective side his interplay with Messi and Suarez has been working quite often the last couple months. He still makes the wrong solo run and turns it over too much, but less than the complete fall funk. He is kind of in the middle for Barca players by metrics--and certainly the 4th best forward based on play. When Dembele is out he is the best option to play with Messi and Suarez. He is better than the others who have had spot duties this season in one of the forward posiitons--Malcom, Prince, Munir, Alena, Rafinha, Denis, etc. He has not come close to looking half his fee, very disappointing, but he still is one of our best 4 forwards (solidly behind 1-3, but a lot better than 5th-6th) and one of the 14 best overall players we have. Even full strength in a big game he is going to play because Dembele won't play 90 minutes.

Coutinho being 4th best is a laugh and a half. He's nowhere near as good as Malcom, simply put.

Potroh

Not watching the game but going by what some people are saying, he has been bad.

No, he wasn't bad at all.
Played rather centrally and gave plenty of spectacular cross-balls.
(Of course he did NOT miss a penalty, he missed a free-kick only... Why do folks not watching write about him???)

Givenchy

Madrid want Pogba this summer and with Zidane back it seems likely.. maybe United will blow that Pogba money on Coutinho, could be a domino effect

God Serena

Madrid want Pogba this summer and with Zidane back it seems likely.. maybe United will blow that Pogba money on Coutinho, could be a domino effect

Madrid getting another Galactico who is unlikely to solve any problems while funding Coutinho's exit would be such delicious irony that I now actually want to see this move go through.

booge

he's too slow. need someone with speed.

vidal busquets, rakitic, suarez all getting on now, messi only one apart from dembele provides quickness, you'de rather stick malcolm on the left and i think it would be more balanced.

coutinho is really that shit that if you put him in central midfield, he's be spinning around doing his usual bull and falling over him self and screwing up Busquets role in the process.

A price tag shouldnt mean you have to start. I'd stick Malcolm in right now , a few La liga games and see what happens.

Zidane82

Coutinho is not the problem fgs ‘n

Valverde is the problem...
The only players to really shine this season are Arthur and Messi who’s a freak as we know ..

Get a decent manager in before we start culling the flamin players

Jesus !!

booge

Coutinho is not the problem fgs ‘n

Valverde is the problem...
The only players to really shine this season are Arthur and Messi who’s a freak as we know ..

Get a decent manager in before we start culling the flamin players

Jesus !!

okay then, what position would you play coutinho in to get the best out of him?

also all other players are doing "good enough" , they dont stand out like a gomes, dennis suarez, alexis sanches, alex song, . these players i just mentioned are slightly lower tier. i would put coutinho in that bunch. im kidding you not.

that's the feeling alot od of us are getting.

with dembele you can just feel his potential, with coutinho , you just feel , this is the best of him . 2 dimensional.

BarcaJack

Opinion from me ("The Coutinho hater") the good performance from Coutinho rather shows what a lack of creativity from our midfield. BTW Villa was an instant fit. Fabregas also had his honey moon. Too early to tell.
But it seems he won't be a flop. A great relief for our 160 mil euroes.
Well... Well... Don't be a flop please

Arizona Scott

On balance since he has been here no i dont think coutinho has been worse than malcom or alena. Stats dont show this either. This year he is way behind messi, dembele and suarez. But it isnt like alena also gives the ball away cheaply nor isnt like malcom hasn't missed a number of 1 v 1 opps. In a big game at the moment i trust pc more than those 2 if one of the main 3 forwards are injured or being rested.

I do hope we start to see more of malcom and alena now that we have a healthy league cushion--i want to see what we have and give them an opp to get better and evaluate if they may be fixtures in the team for the long term--honestly i dont know if the will make it here nor does anyone with a fair mind know for sure.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
On balance since he has been here no i dont think coutinho has been worse than malcom or alena. Stats dont show this either. This year he is way behind messi, dembele and suarez. But it isnt like alena also gives the ball away cheaply nor isnt like malcom hasn't missed a number of 1 v 1 opps. In a big game at the moment i trust pc more than those 2 if one of the main 3 forwards are injured or being rested.

I do hope we start to see more of malcom and alena now that we have a healthy league cushion--i want to see what we have and give them an opp to get better and evaluate if they may be fixtures in the team for the long term--honestly i dont know if the will make it here nor does anyone with a fair mind know for sure.

I don't like using stats like that, but Coutinho was signed as a 26 year old for a lot of money. More expected of him than Alena or Malcom. It's a poor comparison IMO.

If a supposed World Class player is performing marginally better than two young talents still trying to find their feet in this team then there is something wrong with him...

serghei

I want a key goal from him in CL, or some special bit of play that will make the difference when everything else fails. Only a Bale-like defining performance in the CL semis or final will save this transfer for us.

Arizona Scott

I don't like using stats like that, but Coutinho was signed as a 26 year old for a lot of money. More expected of him than Alena or Malcom. It's a poor comparison IMO.

If a supposed World Class player is performing marginally better than two young talents still trying to find their feet in this team then there is something wrong with him...

I am not contending pc hasnt been a dissappointment, he has. But i am contending he is playing well enough to be a rotation player at the moment (sub for dembele). He probably should be sold if we can get the majority of the fee back but while on barca he should be played--in the 14 top players used in our big games.

West Saxon

he's too slow. need someone with speed.

vidal busquets, rakitic, suarez all getting on now, messi only one apart from dembele provides quickness, you'de rather stick malcolm on the left and i think it would be more balanced.

coutinho is really that shit that if you put him in central midfield, he's be spinning around doing his usual bull and falling over him self and screwing up Busquets role in the process.

A price tag shouldnt mean you have to start. I'd stick Malcolm in right now , a few La liga games and see what happens.
Coutinho is shit in midfield full stop. I haven't managed to watch much of Barca this season so can't comment on his performances but I know fans are very unhappy with him. He is a left-sided forward, that's where he was great for Liverpool, he was poor whenever he played in midfield for them. He was a brilliant player in England, cutting in from the left and either shooting or making a good through ball. You will only ever see the best of Coutinho in that role, with players making runs for him. He is too slow, too weak, and not defensively disciplined enough to play in midfield.

Home of Barca Fans