7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Porque

Coutinho is not enjoying his football. I really think he has lost his confidance in Valverde.

He was better in the 442 where he was more protected. Valverde has made the decision to accomodate Dembele rather than Coutinho, which in itself is very telling of who has the righr attitude at the moment and who doesnt.

xXKonan

You would think in games like this with no Messi he would step up to the plate and be right in the thick of things having a free role in influencing the match supplying some balls to the likes of Dembele and Malcom being that guy linking the Midfield to the attack and yet that didn't happen.

I thought after Messi got injured before that He would be that guy to step up to the plate but he didn't. Yeah, I know Valverde's system isn't great and He isn't a proper fit to the LW but you would think he would be much better in some aspects than what he was shown.

He's in a funk but he's not showing that he can shoulder some of the burdens when some of the big guns aren't playing. I trust a 21-year-old Dembele to at least try and do that over Coutinho and he's 5 years younger than him.

It's probably frustration on my part I'm saying this and I know Valverde isn't helping but some of that stuff can also be blamed on Coutinho as well.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
You would think in games like this with no Messi he would step up to the plate and be right in the thick of things having a free role in influencing the match supplying some balls to the likes of Dembele and Malcom being that guy linking the Midfield to the attack and yet that didn't happen.

I thought after Messi got injured before that He would be that guy to step up to the plate but he didn't. Yeah, I know Valverde's system isn't great and He isn't a proper fit to the LW but you would think he would be much better in some aspects than what he was shown.

He's in a funk but he's not showing that he can shoulder some of the burdens when some of the big guns aren't playing. I trust a 21-year-old Dembele to at least try and do that over Coutinho and he's 5 years younger than him.

It's probably frustration on my part I'm saying this and I know Valverde isn't helping but some of that stuff can also be blamed on Coutinho as well.

I agree with this. Ever since he came back from that injury I felt he was solely focused on trying to score and the more it didn't happen the more he tried. He had the wrong mindset and was thinking like a striker and got into a striker's funk.

He should've tried to focus more on what you mentioned and tried to play more as a provider. He only has 1 assist in La Liga, Vidal has 3. One would think this is something Valverde and his assistants would notice and addressed with the player.

tacticvarium

Horrible performance. Easily the worst player yersterday considering that he is already an established player.
Looked like he doesn't know what to do at all.

Vilarrubi

The blame has to go partly on Coutinho but would this ever happen if he was coached by Pep for example... he’d probably be one of City’s best players. I genuinely think we have no real tactics or gameplan.. players looks lost out there, usually it’s just Messi bailing us out.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
The blame has to go partly on Coutinho but would this ever happen if he was coached by Pep for example... he’d probably be one of City’s best players. I genuinely think we have no real tactics or gameplan.. players looks lost out there, usually it’s just Messi bailing us out.

i don't think he would of wanted him in the first place, and no he won't.
Our tactics are defend badly then give ball to Messi.

Vilarrubi

i don't think he would of wanted him in the first place, and no he won't.
Our tactics are defend badly then give ball to Messi.

Key words: “for example”..... never said Pep wanted him, was just an example of how under a competent coach Coutinho would likely be much better.

FinBarcelonafan

I agree. We look like bunch of individuals instead of a team.

Home of Barca Fans