7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I like Klopp a lot as a coach, I was just illustrating that it's not as simple as bringing in this coach or that etc. The players are the ones who ultimately have to deliver.

Yeah I get your point. Honestly though I have a lot of faith in our young core to end up delivering when the old guard moves on. Most if not all of our biggest problems right now exist in the core of Suarez/Messi/Busquets/Rakitic/Pique/Alba. Every single one of them contributes to at least one glaring problem in our play if not more, though some (Messi in particular) make up for it in other crucial ways.

The young guys like Dembele/Umtiti/Coutinho/Semedo/Stegen (too soon to say for Arthur, Malcom, or B players like Miranda/Puig) all play with life and energy, their quality is undeniable. The only problems I see there are small adaptive things like Dembele occasionally being too raw, or Semedo still growing confidence in offense. Both players are clearly showing improvements in those areas. That's a matter of being solved with time.

khaled_a_d

Was he not the underdog basically every single time except against Sevilla? Are you really gonna blame Klopp for shit like Ramos going WWE on Salah or Karius' spontaneous brain damage?

Can be blamed for trusting Karius in the 1st place and refusing to bring a replacement for Coutinho.

Zidane82

Can be blamed for trusting Karius in the 1st place and refusing to bring a replacement for Coutinho.

To be fair Liverpool haven't missed Coutinho at all ... as soon as he left their midfielders all stepped up and their front three are amazing .

It used to be Neymar / Suarez / Messi now the best front three by a mile is Mane / Firmino / Salah.

Gawd help us if we come across Liverpool this season :(

They even play more like Barca than we do nowadays..

EdmondDantes

To be fair Liverpool haven't missed Coutinho at all ... as soon as he left their midfielders all stepped up and their front three are amazing .

It used to be Neymar / Suarez / Messi now the best front three by a mile is Mane / Firmino / Salah.

Gawd help us if we come across Liverpool this season :(

They even play more like Barca than we do nowadays..

It's not that they've haven't missed Coutinho. It's that Liverpool improved what was hindering them for years - their defense.

Karius managed to go for 6 months without a blunder (until the Champions League final) and now they have Alisson who's world-class. Van Dijk has been worth the 75 million, Lovren is much improved and they found an excellent left-back in Robertson. Arnold on the right evolved a lot in 6 months as well.

Coutinho was carrying them for years, and in the last half a season he played for them he was averaging a goal or an assist every 80 minutes despite playing in midfield half the time. Don't forget that Mane was woefully out of form as well.

Having said that, Liverpool needed quality in that Champions League final, and that they very much lacked against a top tier team and it showed. Coutinho would be a machine for them with that new back 5 they've now got. Especially considering how he and Salah just clicked instantly. Not forgetting that Firmino is a monster now too. We should have really triggered that 80 million buyout clause he had in the summer before he renewed his contract. Opportunity missed.

khaled_a_d

And how was their depth in CL? They needed extra midfielder, not necessarly a Coutinho caliber but a good one at least and he refused to bring someone

clemente

Liverpool is the scariest team for me, I hope we don't meet them CL, that Klopp style is so much pace based, no way our midfield and Pique can keep up with that and we would get embarrassed bad.

Kul_z

Liverpool is the scariest team for me, I hope we don't meet them CL, that Klopp style is so much pace based, no way our midfield and Pique can keep up with that and we would get embarrassed bad.

Well, i dont think so.
Mats
Semedo pique umtiti alba
Rakitic(rafinha) vidal(arthur) busquets(roberto) coutinho
Messi dembele
This lineup would shit all over liverpool, i'm not worried at all. The only enemy this year are ourselves, and ev, which i'm concerned that he would force older more experienced players over younger ones.

Zidane82

Well, i dont think so.
Mats
Semedo pique umtiti alba
Rakitic(rafinha) vidal(arthur) busquets(roberto) coutinho
Messi dembele
This lineup would shit all over liverpool, i'm not worried at all. The only enemy this year are ourselves, and ev, which i'm concerned that he would force older more experienced players over younger ones.

Against Liverpool I'd have to watch from behind the sofa !!
Pique is in decline, great ability but no hunger .. that ex player the other night suggested that he will retire pretty young .

Umtiti had a good start to his Barca career but hasn't that played well for ages - he had a poor WC as well -- remember that ridiculous handball he did ?
Then your team has Rakitic ( the slowest player in the whole Barca squad ) alongside Busqs !!!

You saw us the other night ??

Did you see the Liverpool game ??

End of .

Last edited:

Joan

I don't see anyone describing Valverde's style as playing with reckless abandon ..

The way we played vs Sevilla was reckless. But Liverpool is beatable if not given loads of space. Chelsea, ManUtd matches, not saying we'd park the bus but a bit more conservative like vs RM 3-0 win last season.

Zidane82

The way we played vs Sevilla was reckless. But Liverpool is beatable if not given loads of space. Chelsea, ManUtd matches, not saying we'd park the bus but a bit more conservative like vs RM 3-0 win last season.

The other night was different , he will be back to his usual ways in La Liga games and CL

Kul_z

Pique is in decline, great ability but no hunger .. that ex player the other night suggested that he will retire pretty young .

Umtiti had a good start to his Barca career but hasn't that played well for ages - he had a poor WC as well -- remember that ridiculous handball he did ?
Then your team has Rakitic ( the slowest player in the whole Barca squad ) alongside Busqs !!!

End of .

Liverpool game vs west ham and ours vs sevilla?

I dont see similarities at all. All i can say they play beautiful football and they hammered west ham. We played against team that reached spanish cup final and ko manchester united gave bayern a hell of a time in cl last season. We're still in preseason and right now is not time to have worries. In fact, about liverpool and klopp, besides barca i like them most and if they are to win cl, i wont be butthurt at all.

Judoman

End of .

Stop whining.

You are not clairvoyant and things aren t that bad. Lpool should first win something, before you are scared of them.

Home of Barca Fans