7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Jombi

The worst part about coutinho is that he is an incredible player that is used wrong. What is he supposed to do on the wings? Even Iniesta in his prime didnt work optimale there cause he was not a winger. Its true that he is not a 160million player. We might have payed a bit to much for him but he is not a bad player at all. He just needs to be used in a position that can benefit him and being a winger is not a suitable position. furthermore he has Valverde as a manager and suarez beside him.

Considering that left forward is the position he has played the most in his entire career under all the managers he's had, he definitely should perform far better than he does. And since he cost so much and has the wage he has, he has to play pretty much all the time which makes it far worse for our game than if we could simply bench the guy like a smaller signing.

George_Costanza

I think he can improve under different manager just like Pogba improved when United sacked Mourinho.

Either choose:

A. sell Coutinho
B. sack Valverde
C. All the above

Leo_Messi

What an excuse of a footballer this guy is. To see Dembélé and even Malcom (MoM performance against RM the other day IMO) rotting on the bench while this guy is wasting our time for 75 minutes showing absolute nothing is infuriating. The Holy Trinity of mediocrity made up by Bartomeu, Valverde and Coutinho. Match made in heaven.

Raketa10

Valverde needs to try him out in midfield against Valladolid. FFS I don't understand why is that such a big problem?! It's not like he never played there before.

Last edited:

kilian

I`m not in training with him every day, but a blind man would see after so many games that he isn`t good at LW in this system. He can play a LW playmaker, when he has two fast players with him who open up space and most importantly run into space. In our attack, washed up Suarez is usually static and wrestling with defenders and Messi walking, running only with the ball.
Malcom and Dembele look better because they are faster, more agile and want the ball into space, so they get it from Messi or whoever. Coutinho is a much more static player, asking for the ball at his feet to do his thing, so we have 3 static attackers and it`s total toothless crap.

Coutinho is a quality player, but Cuntverde needs to put ih in LCM playing advanced like Iniesta or create a new formation with two pivots. This simply doesn`t work.

EdmondDantes

Now I'm calmer, Coutinho was much better once he dropped into the midfield last night.

I hope either he or Alena start in midfield next week.

Leo_Messi

Now I'm calmer, Coutinho was much better once he dropped into the midfield last night.

I hope either he or Alena start in midfield next week.

That is not saying much mate. We are talking about a player that could cost us up to €160 fucking million. Hailed as the successor of Iniesta. For months the local media wrote one praise after the other. Even when he dropped back a few times he did not create anything and often made the wrong decisions and did not pass quickly enough. He is out of depth in every single department. He looks like a fish on land.

It is even more infuriating that this excuse of a footballer is stealing minutes from Malcom, Dembélé and Aleñá while the incompetent idiot that is Malmierda is insisting on using him as a freaking winger in a 4-3-3 or what is left of it. For the billionth time expecting miracles.

Last edited:

EdmondDantes

That is not saying much mate. We are talking about a player that could cost us up to €160 fucking million. Hailed as the successor of Iniesta. For months the local media wrote one praise after the other. Even when he dropped back a few times he did not create anything and often made the wrong decisions and did not pass quickly enough. He is out of depth in every single department. He looks like a fish on land.

It is even more infuriating that this excuse of a footballer is stealing minutes from Malcom, Dembélé and Aleñá while the incompetent idiot that is Malmierda is insisting on using him as a freaking winger in a 4-3-3 or what is left of it. For the billionth time expecting miracles.

That 160 million is never coming back, it's a sunk cost sadly. I rated Coutinho up until after the World Cup even, 22 goals and 12 assists last season for us and Liverpool but the Blaugrana shirt looks too big for him.

He needs to start in midfield so we can decide whether or not we ship him in the summer. Once and for all.

I don't see him turning it around all that likely though.

shadows

I think selling him, for whatever the fee is, is probably what should happen. Instead i would rather keep Malcolm who atleast is a wing player. Coutinho just isnt a winger despite Valverde playing him there all the time. And he isnt a midfielder in the proper sense either as he lacks positional awareness and the intelligence...And right now, he just keeps playing without any improvement shown whatsoever.. He keeps trying the same while expecting different results.

Last edited:

Sorin

Let's sell him for whatever and bring in Eriksen who frickin' plays the advanced CM role for Spurs. He is also quite the hard worker, puts in a shift defensively.

Or sell him and bring in a CB and LB with the money. Alena could develop into that more advanced role, or try De Jong there with Busquets and Arthur.

Any of the above is better than LW Coutinho at this point. Unless he discovers some pace out of nowhere then he's a liability in that position. Or we bring in another coach that can make him adapt to that role but that is pure fantasy at this point. That mediocrity is here to eat some more years out of our lives apparently.

Messigician

Anyone know why iniesta had such severe stamina issues at a relatively young age?

He could still be playing for us if he could last the full 90.

Kul_z

Let's sell him for whatever and bring in Eriksen who frickin' plays the advanced CM role for Spurs. He is also quite the hard worker, puts in a shift defensively.

Or sell him and bring in a CB and LB with the money. Alena could develop into that more advanced role, or try De Jong there with Busquets and Arthur.

Any of the above is better than LW Coutinho at this point. Unless he discovers some pace out of nowhere then he's a liability in that position. Or we bring in another coach that can make him adapt to that role but that is pure fantasy at this point. That mediocrity is here to eat some more years out of our lives apparently.

Id like to see coutinho under some new manager. And as it stands right now, he's going to get sacked this season because we are not playing like we would win champions league.

Home of Barca Fans