7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Horatio

You're welcome
Thought Coutinho looked decent today. Kind of seemed like he was directing things in the final third combining with a lot of different players.

Dembele has been far more decisive for me, despite going missing at times.

He actually tries to make something, yeah he take risks & looses balls, but its something you have to do if you just don't want to pass sideways and wait for opponent to make mistakes.

Trying to do something doesnt mean to lose the ball in 4 out 5 times. He has huge potential and has the power to score out of nothing but if you play against PSG, Juve, Bayern,Liverpool, City etc. you would consider so many counter attacks. At the Moment Countinho >> Dembele

Nothanks

i think he is more dangerous when playing the midfield, it's harder to mark him and he moves more centrally, when its him in LW he seems more exposed and heavily marked... hell today a midfielder RB and centerback were on him anytime he hit the edge..
with dembele infront of him we saw his best form... defenders can't afford to heavily mark him.

dembele---------------------malcom
------------------messi
-----coutinho-----------arthur
----------------busquets

would be a very interesting lineup to experiment with

SeloBarca

i think he is more dangerous when playing the midfield, it's harder to mark him and he moves more centrally, when its him in LW he seems more exposed and heavily marked... hell today a midfielder RB and centerback were on him anytime he hit the edge..
with dembele infront of him we saw his best form... defenders can't afford to heavily mark him.

dembele---------------------malcom
------------------messi
-----coutinho-----------arthur
----------------busquets

would be a very interesting lineup to experiment with

Should have gotten a proper LW and play Dembele on the right in that setup :/

Nothanks

dembele is good enough to play both sides.. if anything i think he is more productive in terms of goals on the left and more creative on the right...
and right now we need goals

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Coutinho in his last couple of seasons in Liverpool was magic and he's been that on and off for Barca too, but his talents is being underused IMO. This slow system with barely any movement is not bringing out the best of him.

I'm looking forward to when we start playing faster again. Hopefully it'll start happening with the next manager whomever that may be, and whenever that happens.....

Givenchy

I just want to see more consistency from him.. but i guess theres little chance of that when one match hes LW, the next hes back in midfield

xXKonan

Played 70 mins vs Saudi Arabia today and didn't have a great game.

He was being used as an RW during the first 45 then was moved back into the Midfield in the Second.

Maxim4

Played 70 mins vs Saudi Arabia today and didn't have a great game.

He was being used as an RW during the first 45 then was moved back into the Midfield in the Second.

if it is Dembélé who did this bad performance, you will see all the hateful people come to pollute this forum.

Messigician

Coutinho had a very good game in the second half in his preferred midfield role. How can people except him to play well when he is out of position playing as a RW? Coutinho will come good and improve on his already world class level.

BarçaBarça

He has performed on the level we knew and hoped he had.
To me it doesn't matter if he plays LW or LM, we could switch according to opponent, Dembeles form etc., that would be fine by me.
Getting Arthur eased in to the team looks like the right thing to do, therefore a LW-role in the next period of time would be a good thing.
Suarez should get some rest from time to time, where Dembele can get his chance, he must not be forgotten.

Home of Barca Fans