7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

behindbrowneyes

Hatrick.

What a fucking player.

Only shows it in flashes though according to some...

Spartak is shit tbf. Still, Coutinho would be a great addition. He could switch between LW and CM like Iniesta when he was younger. Basically signing him would mean we could play 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1. Plus he is a player who isn't himself too good to work defensively which is not self-evident for a player of his class.

That pass to Sturridge some minutes ago was Messi-like.

SeloBarca

fucking pay the 150, its not like theres other better options out there.
would still have money over for Arthur or Torreira and more.
With the money from Neymar, sales and normal transfer budget we should have 3-400m

Zincubus

Banned
Spartak is shit tbf. Still, Coutinho would be a great addition. He could switch between LW and CM like Iniesta when he was younger. Basically signing him would mean we could play 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1. Plus he is a player who isn't himself too good to work defensively which is not self-evident for a player of his class.

That pass to Sturridge some minutes ago was Messi-like.

Spartak were panned but they equalled possession and distance travelled.
In their last 9 away games against English teams ( so games played in England) . they'd won four , drawn four and only lost once !
Amazing performance from Coutinho plus three goals .

Hope there's a clip somewhere showing his best bits tonight .

Some of the passes were sublime!

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No chance we get him in January.

Make an offer to Liverpool next month to sign him next summer. They should be ready to at least talk regarding that. Offer 80-90m + a bunch of heavy performance bonuses like CL titles and Balon DOr's.

JamDav1982

I wouldnt even mind a Suarez + money type swap for Coutinho. Then pay Griezmann by out and we can play 4-2-3-1

They wont want Suarez dont think and not for any decent fee.

Suarez this season is about exact opposite of player they want to have in their front three.

Devils

[tw]938740373425348609[/tw]

Paul Joyce reporting that Coutinho himself refused to commit his future to Liverpool after yesterdays game.

I'm not reading or posting anything from Sport or MD, but this comes from an reliable Liverpool source.

If he is to come, I'm sure it will be in summer, no way we spend that much in Jan.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I agree, but seal a deal for him to come next summer in January.

So another doesn't try to hijack it later.

wisconsincule

It makes zero sense for him to come in January. You think he’ll want to sit on the sidelines for the champions league? The best thing for him is to complete the season with Liverpool and leave in the summer.

behindbrowneyes

It doesn't mean anything when he doesn't commit himself to Liverpool. In the end it lays in the hands of Liverpool and as long as they don't want to sell he won't go anywhere. They might look already for a replacement (Keita?) though.

Jombi

I wouldnt even mind a Suarez + money type swap for Coutinho. Then pay Griezmann by out and we can play 4-2-3-1

This is fantasy talk. Suarez isnt worth anything in the state he's in. The guy will be 31 in a month and has a huge and lengthy contract. If we manage to even offload him for free, that would be a massive achievement. If we are going to spend 300m on Griezmann and Coutinho plus replacing Masche, Pique and Verma, I'm sure we would have to make some good sales to finance this bonanza. Our squad is massive and the wage budget is through the roof.

Home of Barca Fans