7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Thinking about it.....if Real Madrid don't go for Hazard, should we try to swap Coutinho for him?

I'm not a Hazard fan, but he's an actual LW... Even if we just get three prime years for him it could be worth it. The question however is if he'll be a fit in the team.

khaled_a_d

More and more feeling the Hleb situation again.
Coutinho is bad beyond being tactical problem or problem fitting into the team or whatever football excuse you can name it. He looks like a player who forgot to play all together.
Hleb was same thing, and it was -insanely- all blamed on Barca & Pep. Later on he came and admit their was personal problems for him at that time that derailed his career.
I am more and more suspecting it is the case for Coutinho, there is something outside of football that is the cause of him being shit. Honestly I don't see other explanation

Messigician

Coutinho is bad beyond being tactical problem or problem fitting into the team or whatever football excuse you can name it. He looks like a player who forgot to play all together.
Hleb was same thing, and it was -insanely- all blamed on Barca & Pep. Later on he came and admit their was personal problems for him at that time that derailed his career.
I am more and more suspecting it is the case for Coutinho, there is something outside of football that is the cause of him being shit. Honestly I don't see other explanation

Looks depressed to me

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Pressure? Perhaps he simply was happier in England with a clear role too.

khaled_a_d

Pressure? Perhaps he simply was happier in England with a clear role too.

I would understand that when he looked like poor man Coutinho early in the season, not when he looks like a poor man Santiago Ezquerro
Could be he hates being in Spain and prefers England? may be, although it will be a 1st for someone to love City of Liverpool over Barcelona

Givenchy

I think his personal issue is Valverde - personally.
Coutinho doesn't know what to do, what he is expected to do, he plays in a nowhere-man's position, without any confidence whatsoever.

There is an old saying or rule among coaches and I think the problem must be somewhere there...
There are non-creative players (still great players with different advantages) and creative players.
I think we should agree upon that Coutinho is a creative player.

One cannot really coach or instruct a creative player, because he will very soon lose his creativity!
When indsructions are given too often, he will lose his spontaneity, his unpredictability, because instead of improvising, he wants to do whatever he was told to do.
And it is specifically the case if the creative guy is not a trusted regular starter.
These "artists" need to play more or less instinctively, there are enough other players remaining in a team who are good tactical machines.

What I suppose is that EV instructed and wants to instruct Coutinho too much, too intensively, wants to rule and form his game, and that's why Coutinho plays badly, without any belief or confidence.

Too much training might ruin a player's physical body. Too much instructions might mix up his entire footballing brain...

one of his main flaws is inconsistency and we know with EVs treatment of Malcom.. he'll give you the odd chance but if you blow that chance, you'll be riding the bench for a long time. its a vicious cycle and one i personally don't see him getting out of unless EV leaves (which we know he won't)

i don't think EV is confusing him by instructions, i think Valverde actually tells the players to yolo and do what you want, his man management skills suck and the evidence is alot of our players looking totally lost out there

maybe its just the market these days but imho 100mil+ players are either 1) ridiculously talented hyped youngsters or 2) players reaching their prime to build a team around. Coutinho isn't a youngster and hes not a player to build a team around. he reminds me of an Ozil luxury type player, put good players around him and he'll work some magic in the right formation but when the going gets tough he'll disappear

best option for both parties is to sell. maybe a player in return + money but were taking a big hit on this one and on that note i dread to think how this board will attempt at replacing Messi when he retires....

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
one of his main flaws is inconsistency and we know with EVs treatment of Malcom.. he'll give you the odd chance but if you blow that chance, you'll be riding the bench for a long time. its a vicious cycle and one i personally don't see him getting out of unless EV leaves (which we know he won't)

Coutinho has had the most chances of anyone while being total garbage.

serghei

Terrible mentality. Looks weak, soft, and plays as if he's came here to try fancy things. We've just bought a super expensive version of Ozil. Things could chance, sure, but I'd rather sell for anything above 100m.

gatsu

We are not getting 100+ M for Coutinho. Selling him next season is a complete non sens and will be disastrous financialy speaking. We can just hope that he will improve and that Valverde will finally understand that Coutinho is an MF not a winger.

Home of Barca Fans