7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Andresito

Staff member
I like Devils

Woah

tenor.gif

khaled_a_d

I think he was our best player in 1st half, he was the only one who made a meaningful passes in the whole team. 2nd half he looked more for his shot

Ascom

He was one of the worst in the pitch, probably the worst after Chumi/Miranda. Did you count how many times he lost the ball? i counted like 10 and only started to count in the end of 1st half.

Awful game

Givenchy

He was one of the worst in the pitch, probably the worst after Chumi/Miranda. Did you count how many times he lost the ball? i counted like 10 and only started to count in the end of 1st half.

Awful game

exactly.. pot shots and turn overs. this is why he cant be trusted in a midfield 3.. what a damn mess this is

Ascom

exactly.. pot shots and turn overs. this is why he cant be trusted in a midfield 3.. what a damn mess this is

Exactly. We actually already used him in midfield 3 and the result was 3 games losing points. I love him, but i don't see where can we put him because at LW he is sub of Dembelé.

In all fairness, we could put him in a midfield 3 as advanced midfielder but we needed to change the midfield to have 1 or actually it would be better 2 midfielders that are fast, super intense, energetic and with loooots of stamina, midfielders like Kanté, Ndombelé could allow Coutinho too play as advanced midfielder.

Givenchy

Exactly. We actually already used him in midfield 3 and the result was 3 games losing points. I love him, but i don't see where can we put him because at LW he is sub of Dembelé.

In all fairness, we could put him in a midfield 3 as advanced midfielder but we needed to change the midfield to have 1 or actually it would be better 2 midfielders that are fast, super intense, energetic and with loooots of stamina, midfielders like Kanté, Ndombelé could allow Coutinho too play as advanced midfielder.

I agree he could work there with the likes of Kante but should we really have to buy even more world class players so that our club record signing can play? i don't even blame Coutinho for any of this btw, hes a good guy and has world class form in him but the board really did throw Neymars money at the next best Brazilian regardless of how he actually fits in.. it becomes even more baffling when they know the conservative type of manager EV is

preferably we get rid of Ernie and give Coutinho a chance under a better manager, who knows maybe we can try a new formation as Suarez ages and needs more rest. he wouldn't be so bad on the wing if the other 2 forwards were pacey but sadly Messi and Luis aren't getting any younger

YodaMaster

I think he was our best player in 1st half, he was the only one who made a meaningful passes in the whole team. 2nd half he looked more for his shot

What game did you watch mate ? :neutral:

We actually already used him in midfield 3 and the result was 3 games losing points.

That's a bold face lie. What the hell are you talking about ?

Barcelona had 9 negative results (loss or draw) since the beginning of the season and Coutinho played in midfield only in one of those 9 games. It was away against Leganes, Barça lost 2-1 and Coutinho scored a wonderful volley in that match.

You gotta check your information before bringing it up here.

Coutinho is way worse on the wing than in midfield. He has clear flaws in both positions though.

Ascom

What game did you watch mate ? :neutral:

That's a bold face lie. What the hell are you talking about ?

Barcelona had 9 negative results (loss or draw) since the beginning of the season and Coutinho played in midfield only in one of those 9 games. It was away against Leganes, Barça lost 2-1 and Coutinho scored a wonderful volley in that match.

You gotta check your information before bringing it up here.

Coutinho is way worse on the wing than in midfield. He has clear flaws in both positions though.

In those two games u are referring, he played almost half a part in the midfield but played.

xXKonan

Didn't help how woefully out of form a couple of the players were at the start of the season, notably Pique and Roberto especially the former who was being folded like a lawn chair so easily and Rakitic was also pretty abysmal at times.

Barcilliant

He would be great in a midfield with Vidal and Arthur. Coutinho is never going to be great tracking back or putting in a huge amount of defensive work. He needs physical midfielders who do the dirty work and allow him to play.

Remember, this guy scored a hat trick against Levante last season. Messi was absent and Coutinho took charge. Messi coming deep and acting as playmaker has also damaged his confidence. He has no defined role in the team and we have no system or template thanks to Wankverde.

Messigician

Coutinho defence squad assembling faster than Devastator.

I've never heard so many illogical excuses in my life. He was the best player on the pitch? Excuse me?

Home of Barca Fans