7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Joan

Too predictable for my liking. It's why I wanted him to play cm, open up the pitch a bit more for him. But it seems all he wants to do is cut inside and shoot. Hey if one of those shots goes in great, but I'd just like to see him vary his game a bit more is all.

Players with this kind of trait are always going to be predictable. Robben being the best example of this. Everybody and their dog know what's going to happen. It's still almost impossible to stop. Couts might've overdone it yesterday - that's because we were trying to win the match. You may not like it, I personally have nothing against his tries.

soul24rage

To be honest, I don't care if he overdoes it. Nobody besides Messi shoot anything in range with some level of success and we really need someone to do that on the opposite side. Plus he almost got the winner vs girona on the 87th minute with his curler.

Nothanks

its funny seeing this thread and arthurs

one is getting slammed for playing too safe and another is getting slammed for attempting too much

FinBarcelonafan

To be honest, I don't care if he overdoes it. Nobody besides Messi shoot anything in range with some level of success and we really need someone to do that on the opposite side. Plus he almost got the winner vs girona on the 87th minute with his curler.

Thank you. Isn't this one of Coutinhos good qualities?! He adds weapon outside the box. I think it's great to have other options to score than just tikitaka your way to box and then score. At least we are not so one dimensional now.

Coutinho is a new weapon to our arsenal. We should be happy.

BerkeleyBernie

Coutinho's curler is money. It hits the target or barely misses most of the time. And when it's on target, it almost always goes in.

Fire at will, son.

ASordidGod

Players with this kind of trait are always going to be predictable. Robben being the best example of this. Everybody and their dog know what's going to happen. It's still almost impossible to stop. Couts might've overdone it yesterday - that's because we were trying to win the match. You may not like it, I personally have nothing against his tries.

Maybe, but Robben for example is much better at going past players, making it easier for him to get into good positions before shooting. Coutinho, although very good on the ball, just doesn't have that ability to progress, or not as easily/effectively, and so he ends up shooting from worse positions. Okay I think that only really happened once vs Girona, but it's happened before too. Look, I like Coutinho, I even like that he can and does shoot, it's a viable tactic against deep defences, I'd just like to see him vary his game more, link up with Messi more, play Alba in more, also cut in and rather than shooting look for the run of the right back more. For me he's a bit goal-blind, as in makes up his mind to shoot and ignores all developing options. There was one occasion against Girona I remember screaming at him for reverse ball to Messi, but his mind was already made up.

Home of Barca Fans