7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

FCBfan22

Apparently Chelsea are looking at him as a potential Hazard replacement, if UEFA accepts the postponing of the ban.

We should ask for the exact amount of money that RM will pay to them for Hazard if that happens...

Arizona Scott

As long as Messi dominates the middle, you can bring any player you want and they probably won't do as well.
Alexis sanchez was amazing at arsenal after.leaving barca, b.c he was actually playing the position that benefits him the most.
Coutinho would do better without Messi b.c.he would be able to.play in his natural.position

I think Sanchez was pretty good at Barca, it is just an in your prime Suarez was too much of an upgrade to what the trident and as good as Sanchez is he isn't on their level.

I do agree with the point about Coutinho, and I think it would apply to James, Isco, Hazard, Ozil, Dybala and other false 9 or inside operating left wingers or attacking central operating mids. I think someone like Iniesta or Griezmann or Modric De Bruyne are/would be different because they can hurt you in so many different spaces, adapt to Messi without missing a beat. But there are even fewer of them.

Apparently Chelsea are looking at him as a potential Hazard replacement, if UEFA accepts the postponing of the ban.

We should ask for the exact amount of money that RM will pay to them for Hazard if that happens...

Real will get Hazard at a discount (100 mil) because he is on his last year. I would ask for 120 for Coutinho. I could totally see United/Chelsea/PSG fighting over him and getting that price.

However until that happens, he is a Barca player, and a valuable one at that. Him and Dembele provide different problems to opponents and it is best to have them both fit and in form + neither one is really a hard nosed 90 minute player. If Coutinho is to stay next year and he want the same kind of playing time he is going to have to work to become a strong option in a #8 role. Valverde this year obviously hasn't been comfortable doing that much but his productivity is better there. If there is a long term future for him at Barca it isn't as a left winger and he would need to get more committed defensively and at controlling play.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

Real will get Hazard at a discount (100 mil) because he is on his last year. I would ask for 120 for Coutinho. I could totally see United/Chelsea/PSG fighting over him and getting that price.

Ah, yeah, I forgot that. If Hazard goes for 100 million, we should ask for 125-130 then.

If Coutinho is to stay next year and he want the same kind of playing time he is going to have to work to become a strong option in a #8 role.

Exactly. He isn't a winger. Either move him to midfield or try selling with minimizing the losses.

FCB1987

Banned
Getting 120m would be a great deal for us. Other than the fact that we paid 160m for him, there's nothing that justifies a fee anywhere near that.

Even a fee of 90m or so would be acceptable at this point and then we go for Sane or Griezmann

MTL_Barca

[tw]1120440785261010944[/tw]

Well that pretty much means we would like to sell him. If a 160M player can leave instantly when a good offer comes in thats quite telling imo and sums up his situation at Barcelona perfectly. Not too bad but also not needed.

I don't think he wants to leave us tho, only way i could see would be Neyboy luring him to PSG but just leaving to Chelsea to maybe just play EL? Doesn't sound that amazing.

George_Costanza

I think Real Madrid will create an opportunity for us to sell Coutinho with a good price.

Madrid is looking to buy Hazard and/or Pogba. United and Chelsea will be looking for a high profile replacement.

Selling Coutinho would be ideal to fund transfer of de Ligt and maybe Joao Félix.

jairzinho

It would be great if he could succeed here but his skillsets do not match the preferred system at Barca. As a result, he's found it tough to adapt within the group.

I just hope he finishes the season strong and then we'll see what happens after that.

Edit: Or maybe his sillsets do not match the preferred system of Valverde?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans